Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

1. Practice. Why did Puskas place the ball on the goal line, put his foot under the ball and repeatedly bounce it off the underside of the goal posts? First touch and ball control. Even the best require practice.

2. Sheens has commented that Laurie and Staines practice at 5/8 and wing respectively as well as fullback. I always believed an NRL player should be able to play at least two positions.

3. Ofahengaue is a prop and always has been. Just because Maguire played him at 13 does not mean he possesses the skillset to play that position. This is especially true if you are looking for you No 13 to play the link role. Marshall has commented on this already.
Was there ever going to be any other style of play? I’m definitely not saying I disagree with it, in fact I love the approach...the opposition can’t score if they don’t have the ball, if you have the ball you should be looking at scoring opportunities etc, it’s an old Don Bradman approach. Just saying spare us the bullshit about playing a style which suits the players skill sets. Players who don’t have them will be weeded out and those who do will get better at them. Simple.

I think the grubber for repeat sets has dropped off since the 7 tackle sets were introduced. The cross field bomb or simply playing out the set in good position seems to be favoured by teams as more options with less risk.
Which is ridiculous. It's not that hard to do it especially if you train non stop. Defences have got better of course but if you just play it out and get tackled then you are not going to win a premiership.

I
Could be a case of Moses coming to us with his final terms and whether or not we choose to accept it.
think the club would match it provided it isn't anything completely outlandish....for two reasons....

Firstly he would lift our squad to a top 8 squad. As much as I hate to say it he's a great player.
Secondly, the Tigers would loooove to stick it up the Slimeys and this would be a big big loss for them....

If we did get B*tch Moses for 2024 and he had to play out 2023 at the Parrasites, can you imagine the crap he would cop off those Parrasite supporters.

Considering how he played the mental health card before he left us, I would image having to play out 2023 over there under those conditions would surely see him in a padded cell before the season was over.

Was there ever going to be any other style of play? I’m definitely not saying I disagree with it, in fact I love the approach...the opposition can’t score if they don’t have the ball, if you have the ball you should be looking at scoring opportunities etc, it’s an old Don Bradman approach. Just saying spare us the bullshit about playing a style which suits the players skill sets. Players who don’t have them will be weeded out and those who do will get better at them. Simple.
Most of the players who do not fit imo have been weeded out of the roster.

Flanagan for all his faults, did review the skillsets of his players at the Sharks and formulated a style and game plan to match. This is the opposite of the one sized fits all approach which we are all too familiar with at WTs.

Sheens was always known for his game plans and yes offensive approach - you get 6 or 7 opportunities to score in a game and you must convert 3 or 4 to win a game.

Brooks has had a change of heart after discussions with Marshall in that interview posted on the other thread. He also cheekily mentioned five hit-ups and a kick (not a bomb). So, the change is very real, real enough to have one of our players change his mind about his future. I don't believe it to be bullshit at all..

FWIW, one of the conditions of Moses was the Tigers re-sign Brooks to at least 3+ years
and I don't have a problem with that.
I think we need a half to control the game and Moses does this and Brooks is a great ball runner.
TBF to all our halves it would have been extremely hard to play most weeks behind our so called forward pack and all the injuries that occurred. Times are changing my friends and its starts now.

He is an average kicker, and can throw a decent pass, he is awkward to tackle . Against that, he also throws some terrible passes, has an overated and telegraphed kicking game, takes the wrong option on the edge, can't tackle and is a ball hog.
And, with al that, still more talented than Brooks.

If there is the slightest bit of truth to what you say moses should have been told that he is a "player not an owner of the club" and immediately been told that he has no say in who plays for the club
Good players want to play with good players. We increase the quality of the players in our team - Klemmer, Koroiseau, Papali'i', Bateman, Staines - we get better results. Win win.

Reactions: 851
Good players want to play with good players. We increase the quality of the players in our team - Klemmer, Koroiseau, Papali'i', Bateman, Staines - we get better results. Win win.
Maybe so … but why want Brooks for 3 years?
I know he’s his mate but that’s just pity.

If there is the slightest bit of truth to what you say moses should have been told that he is a "player not an owner of the club" and immediately been told that he has no say in who plays for the club

Brooks is one of his best mates. Moses was never going to come here at the expense of a mate, it was always only a possibility if it meant they played together. That has been well lnown since all this saga started. So I think he is entitled to make sure his mate wasn't getting shafted for him.

Members online

Back