Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I still think Matamua is a bit green, bateman is coming in late, blore still to be tested...a lot of uncertainties.
Joffa can play big mins in every position except hooker.
I think he'll get big minutes until this forward pack shakes out, at least until players start cementing positions. Joffa was the only rock amongst pebbles last year. He's the type of player you want in a side, leading a rebuilding pack. Imo.
Joffa will be in our 17 each week. Whether he starts or comes off the bench he’ll be there and will be a help to the squad.

I still think Matamua is a bit green, bateman is coming in late, blore still to be tested...a lot of uncertainties.
Joffa can play big mins in every position except hooker.
I think he'll get big minutes until this forward pack shakes out, at least until players start cementing positions. Joffa was the only rock amongst pebbles last year. He's the type of player you want in a side, leading a rebuilding pack. Imo.
I've just been thinking...I get everyone's different take on Joffa, but hey...here we are talking about whether our best forward is going to get big mins.
We haven't talked like this for while, so it sounds like a good problem or debate to me.

A first grade forward pack is not 5 players....it is a dozen players that will all have to fill in over the period of a season. We will have some impressive "names" in the pack for this year and that should win us quite a few games.

The problem will be injury and possibly rep selection. We have some bright young forwards who can fill in here or there but we dont have experience in the lower grades. As soon as we lose an Api, Bateman or Klemmer for a few consecutive weeks we will struggle, especially against the stronger clubs.

We need to start the season well and be 12-14 points after 10 rounds as I think we will fatigue come the rear end of the season.

We will find out soon enough if we are heading in the right direction. IMHO, fresh air has already removed that odour of rottenness "the same old", "we will never change" and "we better sell everything and close down" we were immersed in for too long!
"Damn the torpedoes! Full steam ahead!" 🐅 💪

There are quite a few players that must be traded before we even think of selling Ofahengaue e.g. Seyfarth, Nofoaluma, Twal...
Yep, I think these are 3 players in the firing line for sure. Can't see Nofo seeing out his contract. Seyfarth won't be renewed. While Twal tries hard, the newbies take his spot sooner or later.

I’d just wait a year no point loosing a quality player who’s in our future plans if we have already secured a his services for 2024

If parra season falls off the rails towards the middle of the year then we can start to ask for an early release

I’d just wait a year no point loosing a quality player who’s in our future plans if we have already secured a his services for 2024

If parra season falls off the rails towards the middle of the year then we can start to ask for an early release
I'm sure we have one or two players we're willing to trade if an early release is contemplated (if Moses is coming). I'm sure we know which player(s) the club is prepared to trade and it may well be financially beneficial for the player(s) to go. Win win.

Probably the only forward in last years side, that would have walked into another first gde side- Joffa. Stef, Blore, Pole as yet have not done much, but show promise (how many times have we heard this ?) Then Bateman who played his best football years ago, and may be past his use buy date. And people think we should trade Joffa ! - Crazy .

I don’t understand this horse trading concept of giving up a player to encourage the release of another player?
Unless of course, our player is super keen to go to that club?
I remember in the case of the Moma/Laurie deal, we lost more than we gained. Moma left angrily, he was thrown out on the street like garbage. It didn’t matter that he was our leading try scorer, and imo, it was counterproductive to team building.

I remember in the case of the Moma/Laurie deal, we lost more than we gained. Moma left angrily, he was thrown out on the street like garbage. It didn’t matter that he was our leading try scorer, and imo, it was counterproductive to team building.
Moma escaped.and ended up.with 2x premiership rings.

He was lucky.

I don’t understand this horse trading concept of giving up a player to encourage the release of another player?
Unless of course, our player is super keen to go to that club?
That’s the first I read that he was angry. He agreed to leave fairly quickly I believe. He didn’t have to go anywhere. I think he made the right choice for him.

Latest posts

Members online

Back