Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Re giving Moses a deadline.
Why not? We can't reach out with 1m offers to RTS or Olam or any other player while we have our cap zapped by Moses. If they both say "yes" then we would be in breech of the cap...
i.e.
Bulldogs under Haslier, Brisbane, Easts, Melbourne in 2007/2009....

Well hey I guess if other fish bite we should just sign them, aim for a grand final and stuff the books. What were going to get the spoon?
Not necessarily, If both agree we sign who we want and tell the other sorry thanks but too late.

Again sacked the coach because;
A poor performance.
B to get Ciraldo as he said he would come if Fadge was gone.
If u can’t see that Fadge was going nowhere, then there’s no help for you.
Why do you keep referring to madge as 'fadge'?

Does changing a single letter do a great job of relaying that fact that you didn't like him as a coach?

Because from this end it does sfa.

Why do you keep referring to madge as 'fadge'?

Does changing a single letter do a great job of relaying that fact that you didn't like him as a coach?

Because from this end it does sfa.
Because of his ineptitude to coach! Making Luciano and liddle play 80 minutes is just the start ti how bad he is. Look at how the brown Staines use api, some meathead hooker on for 20min then api on. No wasting his talents on crap work. Look at how payten is using Luciano. Let’s hope the new coaching team no how to coach because the last one had no idea!!

All his decisions, so why do you think he wont need to take responsibly of the results?
Only leeway he would be given is because of the years of mismanagement, poor recruitment and poor coaching before him. Excluding Maguire and Cleary who both had the squads available to them playing above their ability.

Well how long do you give him to?????

Why not let him stay at Parra and go hard for RTS to play fullback and buy Jesse Ramien???

Would be great to have Moses but we are losing time.
jesse ramien on the cards irrespective of Mitch or Brooks signing in 2024, we have the cash for that

Reactions: 851
Because of his ineptitude to coach! Making Luciano and liddle play 80 minutes is just the start ti how bad he is. Look at how the brown Staines use api, some meathead hooker on for 20min then api on. No wasting his talents on crap work. Look at how payten is using Luciano. Let’s hope the new coaching team no how to coach because the last one had no idea!!
You are comparing the use of players at clubs with a wealth of talent in numerous positions not even close to what we have had to work with in recent times if ever. LL got a 750k contract to his credit after playing at WTs he must have been doing something right to earn it.

Last edited:
He doesn't mind backing himself.
You are comparing the use of players at clubs with a wealth of talent in numerous positions not even close to what we have had to work with in recent times if ever. LL got a 750k contract to his credit after playing at WTs he must have been doing something right to earn it.
Not 80 minutes 60, that’s why he’s playing better. Not because of his previous coach, me was more of a hindrance.

Yeh, but you could still have the same opinion and call him Madge.

Adding the 'f' in does nothing.

Like..... nothing at all.

We need a playmaker..theyre scarce as hens teeth..had one but he wasnt fast enuff according to coach Sheens
Agreed. So make a deadline as to when you plan to give him to. His signing or non signing has a knock on effect to how we resource other positions. I wouldn’t be letting him drag on any further. I’m surprised Douhei resigned with so much uncertainty about Moses. Brave really. I would have left to go elsewhere. Increase my pay on the basis Moses falls through the Tigers are rooted for a 5/8.

I make sense.

Agreed. So make a deadline as to when you plan to give him to. His signing or non signing has a knock on effect to how we resource other positions. I wouldn’t be letting him drag on any further. I’m surprised Douhei resigned with so much uncertainty about Moses. Brave really. I would have left to go elsewhere. Increase my pay on the basis Moses falls through the Tigers are rooted for a 5/8.

I make sense.
Api will be the playmaker, and Paps and Bateman will create more space on the edges.Brooks and AD just have to polish their passing and kicking games for us to improve. I would doubt AD hasn't tested the market, but he's on FB money of $650,000 and i don't think he had many takers.

Not 80 minutes 60, that’s why he’s playing better. Not because of his previous coach, me was more of a hindrance.
I don't think he is playing any better he is just playing with a better squad of players. Payten has a gun pack and can afford to play him 60 minutes if he so chooses. We could hardly field a pack that was FG standard by the the time LL was moved on. Anyway you made it very clear where you stand with Maguire and his role as coach, but clearly if Sheens backed the squad Maguire had to work with, he wouldn't have been so active in trying to overhaul it. Here is hoping for a much better 2023.

Re giving Moses a deadline.
Why not? We can't reach out with 1m offers to RTS or Olam or any other player while we have our cap zapped by Moses. If they both say "yes" then we would be in breech of the cap...
You aren't in breach of anything until you attempt to register a contract.

So you absolutely can have 3 x $1M offers out there with only $1M left to spend. You register the first guy who says yes.

Question is more whether you ruin your recruitment reputation by making offers you potentially cannot service.

If things fail this time, there can be no question. The board and CEO need to go. They need to be replaced by people who understand business and others who have played the game. I'm actually surprised once Sheens and the club mended things he wasn't offered a seat on the board.
Just to be clear - there is no mechanism to remove the board unless they do it voluntarily.

Just to be clear - there is no mechanism to remove the board unless they do it voluntarily.
I would have thought that the Wests Ashfield directors could be voted out via members at the leagues club? I.e. voting out from Wests Ashfield would remove them from being able to serve on the tigers board. No? I could be wrong..

Latest posts

Members online

Back