Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Agreed. So make a deadline as to when you plan to give him to. His signing or non signing has a knock on effect to how we resource other positions. I wouldn’t be letting him drag on any further. I’m surprised Douhei resigned with so much uncertainty about Moses. Brave really. I would have left to go elsewhere. Increase my pay on the basis Moses falls through the Tigers are rooted for a 5/8.

I make sense.
Api will be the playmaker, and Paps and Bateman will create more space on the edges.Brooks and AD just have to polish their passing and kicking games for us to improve. I would doubt AD hasn't tested the market, but he's on FB money of $650,000 and i don't think he had many takers.

Not 80 minutes 60, that’s why he’s playing better. Not because of his previous coach, me was more of a hindrance.
I don't think he is playing any better he is just playing with a better squad of players. Payten has a gun pack and can afford to play him 60 minutes if he so chooses. We could hardly field a pack that was FG standard by the the time LL was moved on. Anyway you made it very clear where you stand with Maguire and his role as coach, but clearly if Sheens backed the squad Maguire had to work with, he wouldn't have been so active in trying to overhaul it. Here is hoping for a much better 2023.

Re giving Moses a deadline.
Why not? We can't reach out with 1m offers to RTS or Olam or any other player while we have our cap zapped by Moses. If they both say "yes" then we would be in breech of the cap...
You aren't in breach of anything until you attempt to register a contract.

So you absolutely can have 3 x $1M offers out there with only $1M left to spend. You register the first guy who says yes.

Question is more whether you ruin your recruitment reputation by making offers you potentially cannot service.

If things fail this time, there can be no question. The board and CEO need to go. They need to be replaced by people who understand business and others who have played the game. I'm actually surprised once Sheens and the club mended things he wasn't offered a seat on the board.
Just to be clear - there is no mechanism to remove the board unless they do it voluntarily.

Just to be clear - there is no mechanism to remove the board unless they do it voluntarily.
I would have thought that the Wests Ashfield directors could be voted out via members at the leagues club? I.e. voting out from Wests Ashfield would remove them from being able to serve on the tigers board. No? I could be wrong..

Only leeway he would be given is because of the years of mismanagement, poor recruitment and poor coaching before him. Excluding Maguire and Cleary who both had the squads available to them playing above their ability.
That's true, and I'm not expecting some sort of miracle. But, he sacked the coach under contract and then appointed himself. If it all goes to crap with a team you point the finger at the coach or the bloke who appointed the coach or the bloke who signed the players.

Hopefully it works, he's our saviour and gets all credit due.

I would have thought that the Wests Ashfield directors could be voted out via members at the leagues club? I.e. voting out from Wests Ashfield would remove them from being able to serve on the tigers board. No? I could be wrong..
No , they could be ousted from the leagues club board but still be appointed on the football club board.

It is much more complicated than that.
The Wests Tigers Board allows for up to 8 board members. The consist of the board allows for the following:

• 2 Independent Directors
  • 1 Nominated by WSDRLFC (aka Wests Magpies)
  • 4 Nominated by WSLC (aka Wests Ashfield Leagues)
  • 1 Nominated by BTRLFC (aka Balmain Tigers)

Note that Wests Ashfield controls the WSDRLFC as well, so they have the majority of the seats on the board. The 2 independent directors are aapointed by the rest of the board.

Wests Ashfield has 7 members on its board and only 2 of those are appointed by the general members of the club, the other 5 come from the 20 current Debenture Holders.

* Wests Ashfield is now known as the Holman Barnes Group.

There is nothing anyone can do to change the board make up of our club,

jesse ramien on the cards irrespective of Mitch or Brooks signing in 2024, we have the cash for that
Ramien didn't last at the Knights and went back to the Sharks. He now knows that the grass isn't always greener on the other side so why would he leave the sharks again?

Not necessarily, If both agree we sign who we want and tell the other sorry thanks but too late.
True but that creates problems.
"hey you offered me 650,000 now you are taking the offer away."

Maybe it isn't a too big a problem. But when it's already difficult to lure quality to the club you don't want players doubting your offers. Not a big problem but could turn into an issue.

Remember the agents stay around for decades while the players go pretty quick.

While we have the money tied up with Moses, it's not as free to offer to other people.

What on field position does Sheens play these days...?
..and for that matter Benji.
Someone needs to organise the plays ON the field(that covers both our bases!)..and we dont have anyone remotely capable of that atm.Just Brooks and Douhi...
Improved defence critical after our numerous beltings last season... where coaching can make the biggest difference is defence structures..and of course attitude..neither Sheens nor Benji were renowned for being at the leading edge in this key area
So it will be an interesting year to say the least
Ha, yes

Sheens is not known for coaching structures let alone defensive structures. IMHO attitude wise Sheens can do it for sure (look at our signings), is he doing this now? ??

That said, Sheens and Benji need to be able to develop play makers. If they can't, FIRE THEM! Moses clearly improved going to Parramatta, likewise I expect Brooks and Doueihi to improve under Benji and Sheens. They are coaches and Both Brooks and Doueihi have talent, not perfect and have problems. Yet they have talent.

Sheens and Benji are not on the field, don't care.
The buck stops with them. With the Squad we have recruited this year the buck stops with them, even if there is no Moses. We should be seeing Tigers cross the line else why have we hired them.

Ha, yes

Sheens is not known for coaching structures let alone defensive structures. IMHO attitude wise Sheens can do it for sure (look at our signings), is he doing this now? ??

That said, Sheens and Benji need to be able to develop play makers. If they can't, FIRE THEM! Moses clearly improved going to Parramatta, likewise I expect Brooks and Doueihi to improve under Benji and Sheens. They are coaches and Both Brooks and Doueihi have talent, not perfect and have problems. Yet they have talent.

Sheens and Benji are not on the field, don't care.
The buck stops with them. With the Squad we have recruited this year the buck stops with them, even if there is no Moses. We should be seeing Tigers cross the line else why have we hired them.
No 1 - They have only started recruitment, more to come.
No 2- Sheens said 2025, that's how long it takes to go from bottom to top 8.
No 3 - The club has got 5 new players to meld into a unit,- it will take time.
No 4- You are unrealistic if you think a brand new coaching staff, will turn the side around in a few months
No 5- Sheens and coaching structures, and how poor Sheens is. Get a life and stop bagging, he won 4 premierships !

if only we could get the dragons to take Seyfarth and Twal off us.... we'd be rid of every plodder.

Geeze they look ordinary against Souths.

And yes - all the Twal fans - he's a plodder.

Back