Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Just on the Joffa situation "Lee Hagipantelis on Joe Ofahengaue: There were preliminary discussions, but Joe had not been released and he has still not been released."
I wonder if another solution has been found a bit like we did with Rowdy, he's only 27 clearly drives a culture with our Islander contingent maybe we put forward an extra year last year being close to minimum wage but spread the other 2 yrs across those 3 yrs. So will only be 30-31 by the end of that deal and is on a tick over $400 a year over that time.

Coastie…he is gone mate

Lee H has said this morning that no decision has been made to release Joffa to the eels. I think maybe his performance the other night plus Stef getting selected in the 19 for Origin have led to second thoughts on releasing him.
another load of shit from our clown chairman... why can't this clown keep his mouth shut

Shame we have to let him go but it's probably for the best given we have some good young prospects available to step into our pack.

We can move some money around and front-load some of our contracts now, while also using some of the saved up funds to help bump up & extend deals for guys like Bula, Tupou, Utoikamanu and To'a.

%100 agree with you. Have 2 keep juniors too.
We could have probably used him for the rest
of the year and released him from his contract
in '24 (seeing we've already paid for 1/2 his salary
for '23 and could find ourselves short.) His
contract with them may have been contingent
on getting an early release though in which case
we made the right decision moving forward ...

Our best win this season came with Joffa starting at lock. A lot of the tries we scored don't happen without Joe's passing... which Pole simply doesn't have. Pole is best off the bench, and we looked like we had a really good rotation out there with Ofahengaue at lock and Twal and Pole coming off the bench. I understand this is a financial decision but not sure it's the right one especially for this season

Also not happy that we're doing the Eels a favour. They've never done anything for us, they can go get stuffed. Why are we always the weak ones who give in to releases. Hold onto him for the rest of the year and then move him on, it's not like we're getting anyone anytime soon

Back