Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Good chance that it's just Gus deflecting as he does.
I didn’t get that vibe from watching Gus talk on 100% on Monday.
Even Gal (who I can’t stand as a commentator) talked about young guys playing in their first year of NRL burn out after a few games at that level, like Toups, Bula.

P.S. I know that Gus is always covering his arse and can’t be trusted with the truth a lot of the times.

This is me speculating here but I wonder whether as part of releasing Latu & Samuela Fainu to us, Sea Eagles ask us to take another player who they want off their books to free up salary cap space with all their incomings.

Would be either Zac Fulton or Sean Keppie!

If we held over a barrel, I'd rather Keppie personally as we don't need another young lock & Keppie brings a bit more experience. Likelihood that Seyfarth and Tuki Simpkins, in addition to Offa, are gone next season.

I know there’s been mention on this forum and the media about us looking at Braydon Trindall, but we should be going all out for his signature (assuming we’ve got Fainu). He’s a natural halfback with a good short and long passing game, great running game and is a solid kicker (the anti-Luke Brooks basically).

Offer him 650-700K and get it done. I know he’s under contract till 2025 but I doubt the Sharks stand in the way of that offer when he’s stuck behind Hynes, Moylan and having to compete with their other young halves.

A halves pairing of Fainu and Trindall would be amazing and should be the priority.

On SEN today it was suggested by the ‘hat’ that tigers are about to “embark on a very aggressive recruitment drive” hopefully it is with quality players willing to say ‘yes’
And the 'horrible hat' man will have to pay massive overs to get anyone of quality to come here.
WT would be better off going behind 'the hat's' back and "embarking on a very aggressive recruitment drive" to get a quality replacement for him.

Article from the Mole suggesting we're going to shop around Doueihi for next year. I'm sure they'll be knocking the door down to pay 600k for someone who will miss most of the season.
Sheens has all but admitted that Doueihi will be lucky to play in 2024 and given that he signed a 1 year extension there will be no need to shop him around as no one would take him injured and they can sign him anyway come 1 November 2023 for the 2025 season.

Again I agree , but the club offered him the money , just like if ur boss offered u 2 times more , would u knock it back . I doubt it
But what about "if ur boss offered u 2 times more" and he was pissed at the time and had his hat covering his 👀 and actually thought he was offering big $$$ to someone that was actually decent every game.
Anyone with a fair dinkum WT heart would knock it 🔙 because he would know he was a fraud ;)

I didn’t get that vibe from watching Gus talk on 100% on Monday.
Even Gal (who I can’t stand as a commentator) talked about young guys playing in their first year of NRL burn out after a few games at that level, like Toups, Bula.

P.S. I know that Gus is always covering his arse and can’t be trusted with the truth a lot of the times.
I had every intention of catching 100% Footy the other night just to hear what Gus had to say about the big score lines but got side tracked and missed it.

Might see if I can catch a replay some time.

Back