Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Again I agree , but the club offered him the money , just like if ur boss offered u 2 times more , would u knock it back . I doubt it
But what about "if ur boss offered u 2 times more" and he was pissed at the time and had his hat covering his 👀 and actually thought he was offering big $$$ to someone that was actually decent every game.
Anyone with a fair dinkum WT heart would knock it 🔙 because he would know he was a fraud ;)

I didn’t get that vibe from watching Gus talk on 100% on Monday.
Even Gal (who I can’t stand as a commentator) talked about young guys playing in their first year of NRL burn out after a few games at that level, like Toups, Bula.

P.S. I know that Gus is always covering his arse and can’t be trusted with the truth a lot of the times.
I had every intention of catching 100% Footy the other night just to hear what Gus had to say about the big score lines but got side tracked and missed it.

Might see if I can catch a replay some time.

Sheens has all but admitted that Doueihi will be lucky to play in 2024 and given that he signed a 1 year extension there will be no need to shop him around as no one would take him injured and they can sign him anyway come 1 November 2023 for the 2025 season.
You would think the club would seek cap exemption like other clubs do.

I thought they (Finau Brothers) were under contract until 2025 but given permission by Manly to shop around?
And that I assume is why the long negotiations due to us wanting an immediate/early release?
If they don’t hurry up there will be need for a early release, the season will be over, and I see the knights grabbed the young manly centre that we were supposed to get , so well done Fulton , so far u have done bugger all , except create so called disharmony within the club , I hope we haven’t payed u any money so far , because haven’t earn a cent so far

Wait for an announcement after the U19 SOO.
I was thinking about that too, but i didn't realise they announce the squad 2 weeks in advance of the bloody match!! Seeing as the game isn't a curtain raiser for Game 3 (and why the %$^! isn't it) it's weird that the game is being played on a thursday night, after origin, in complete isolation, effectively ruling out all players from 2 matches (this weekend and next).
If the game was on this weekend then sure wait til after, but with the game still over a week away an announcement should be made sooner.

Totally agree. I just wonder whether it becomes a $$$ issue yo retain him, as I am sure other clubs will be interested. The big money contract given to Noffa might come back to bite us.
Really? I don't think any club would be interested in Doueihi for 2024, and even not for 2025. If anything he may get a minimum wage deal for 25.

I was thinking about that too, but i didn't realise they announce the squad 2 weeks in advance of the bloody match!! Seeing as the game isn't a curtain raiser for Game 3 (and why the %$^! isn't it) it's weird that the game is being played on a thursday night, after origin, in complete isolation, effectively ruling out all players from 2 matches (this weekend and next).
If the game was on this weekend then sure wait til after, but with the game still over a week away an announcement should be made sooner.
Our Flegg game after the SOOU19 is next Sunday afternoon so may be a chance that Feledy & Faagutu back up. But the way we have been cotton-wooling our youngsters this season, probably not.

Really? I don't think any club would be interested in Doueihi for 2024, and even not for 2025. If anything he may get a minimum wage deal for 25.
Talking about Staines. Few clubs would be after him I assume.... quality winger and could be fb depth.

Doueihi I agree will be lucky to play again for us and I don't see teams coming in with offers until they see how he recovers from another ACL.

I was just reading an article the knights have won the race to sign young manly centre Fletcher Myers, good work Fulton, I think we will have to start calling him costanza shows up and sleeps under his desk all day
It could also be because he originally comes from Newcastle and played his early football there and was involved with Surf life saving up there. He also hasn't played any rep football whereas Feledy who we snagged from Manly had as big a wraps as Myers and is now picked in the U19s NSW team.

Seeing as we play early this week, hoping a Friday announcement to confirm it before they head into camp.

That potentially sends Talau over for the following week after Manly's bye (if swap deal occurs) and then we have the Fainu's join us after the Under 19's Origin game.

Talking about Staines. Few clubs would be after him I assume.... quality winger and could be fb depth.

Doueihi I agree will be lucky to play again for us and I don't see teams coming in with offers until they see how he recovers from another ACL.
Oh yeah Staines will have interest but at a different price point i dare say. He'll drop to a 350k player

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back