Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I want to hear how wonderful Flanagan is at building a roster AFTER he signs his son Kyle.
Remarkable that the only year that the Sharks were Cap compliant was the year they won the Comp! I won't even mention the Peptide issue....I wouldn't be hanging my hat on how well Flanagan manages the salary cap or runs the club.

Let’s all call this what it really is

Tartak gave us the Fainus

We owe tartak

We take sullivan for two more years and pay him full freight even though dragons didn’t want him

That’s the truth
I don't think you'd know the truth if your cousin's, uncles, neighbours best friend was the sponsor and mates of the board.
You don't know crap, shut your trap ego boy

No you have it wrong.
All those players run the attack.
The team though is run through the organising half.
Without the effort of the guys who do the boring work implementing the coaching plans and strategy, the Munsters and Pongas are far less effective.
Unless you actually know what the plans & strategy are- how do you know the 7 is implementing them?

Most coaches talk about the voice of the fullback leading & organising.

I'm going to assume that 'good organisational halfbacks' in the NRL are players like Cleary, Reynolds, Moses, Hunt etc.

Bad organisational halfbacks are players like Brooks, Sullivan or anyone else the Tigers are linked with.

I'd bet Chad Townsend is considered an 'organising halfback'.

These virtual assistant coaches, implementing the coaches gameplan, move for move....aren't they just the guys that also do the kicking? Looks to me that to be an 'organising halfback' what you really need to be is....a good field kicker. Can't we just say the Tigers need a half (7 or 6) that can kick the opposition into corners & strangle the game out of them? Why is Sezar an 'organising half' but not Fainu? Fainu, at the levels he plays, kicks.

Are we suggesting that Munster, Walker, Foran etc don't organise anything & simply run & pass with magic in their hands?

Or are they running at pre-destined positions, on specific tackles, targeting specific players while ALSO passing, running etc?

Everyone is caught up on the #7 being an extra assistant coach. These guys are really 1 of 4 organisational options in a team. Jerome Hughes is a running halfback. Cameron Smith ran the Storm from dummy half. I'd hazard a guess that Harry Grant does most of it alongside Munster now.

What we need are smart players that can implement a gameplan & bring the other meat heads into the action. Brooks is a below average kicker. He's inconsistent. That's his downfall. That's what puts him in the 'running half' group instead of the illustrious '#7' club.

If Munster was the Tigers 6, we'd all be calling him our play caller, or leader etc. And he would be. Because that's what he does. It wouldn't matter one spit if he wore 6, 7 or 1.

Tigers need consistency in the halves, a kicking game & guys that can introduce the meat axe's out wide to gaps instead of defenders shoulders. I don't care if we put #13 on the back. That is what we miss. We do not have THAT guy in the club, playing 1st grade, right now.

At his playing level, Fainu is THAT guy. Just like he will be, hopefully, for the Tigers. With a 'running 7' beside him to the horror of those that believe #7 is akin to a rugby league chess master with an assistant coach badge under his jumper.

Am I that one eyed.

I thought that pass Wighton threw was well and truly forward and the guy that batted it on knocked it on, because if it was,
We might be getting our third or fourth apology this season from Annessly,
( wrongly spelt I think. )

I thought the linesman who was looking straight at both things might have at least seen one of them.

But why worry, its only West Tigers.

If I am wrong with what I saw, that gave them 6 points & we lost by 4 points please let me know your thoughts.

Am I that one eyed.

I thought that pass Wighton threw was well and truly forward and the guy that batted it on knocked it on, because if it was,

I thought the linesman who was looking straight at both things might have at least seen one of them.

If I am wrong with what I saw, that gave them 6 points & we lost by 4 points please let me know.
You are right

Either the officials have been given the ok to screw the tigers over as it would be near impossible not to pick up such a blatant forward pass than virtual knock on or the officials are plain junkies just out there for their good looks so it looks like the NRL are doing their job to have a fair comp

Like truly honestly when you are on the job that close to the action it is the ultimate position to pick up on the direction of the ball but they just turn a blind eye depending on who the ruling could be against

Last edited:
Unless you actually know what the plans & strategy are- how do you know the 7 is implementing them?

Most coaches talk about the voice of the fullback leading & organising.

I'm going to assume that 'good organisational halfbacks' in the NRL are players like Cleary, Reynolds, Moses, Hunt etc.

Bad organisational halfbacks are players like Brooks, Sullivan or anyone else the Tigers are linked with.

I'd bet Chad Townsend is considered an 'organising halfback'.

These virtual assistant coaches, implementing the coaches gameplan, move for move....aren't they just the guys that also do the kicking? Looks to me that to be an 'organising halfback' what you really need to be is....a good field kicker. Can't we just say the Tigers need a half (7 or 6) that can kick the opposition into corners & strangle the game out of them? Why is Sezar an 'organising half' but not Fainu? Fainu, at the levels he plays, kicks.

Are we suggesting that Munster, Walker, Foran etc don't organise anything & simply run & pass with magic in their hands?

Or are they running at pre-destined positions, on specific tackles, targeting specific players while ALSO passing, running etc?

Everyone is caught up on the #7 being an extra assistant coach. These guys are really 1 of 4 organisational options in a team. Jerome Hughes is a running halfback. Cameron Smith ran the Storm from dummy half. I'd hazard a guess that Harry Grant does most of it alongside Munster now.

What we need are smart players that can implement a gameplan & bring the other meat heads into the action. Brooks is a below average kicker. He's inconsistent. That's his downfall. That's what puts him in the 'running half' group instead of the illustrious '#7' club.

If Munster was the Tigers 6, we'd all be calling him our play caller, or leader etc. And he would be. Because that's what he does. It wouldn't matter one spit if he wore 6, 7 or 1.

Tigers need consistency in the halves, a kicking game & guys that can introduce the meat axe's out wide to gaps instead of defenders shoulders. I don't care if we put #13 on the back. That is what we miss. We do not have THAT guy in the club, playing 1st grade, right now.

At his playing level, Fainu is THAT guy. Just like he will be, hopefully, for the Tigers. With a 'running 7' beside him to the horror of those that believe #7 is akin to a rugby league chess master with an assistant coach badge under his jumper.
Mate it just means the guy who steers the ship, tells forward where to go and be. Kicks mostly and especially on the 5th but with no weight to his persona!
A running half, all that stuffs weighs them down.

Am I that one eyed.

If I am wrong with what I saw, that gave them 6 points & we lost by 4 points please let me know your thoughts.
1st try ,set before -forward,next 2 scored of forward pass-happy days when that luck runs our way

Reactions: 851
Am I that one eyed.

Not wrong in that being forward but Brooks was off side in his try so if we complain about the bad calls against we have to be honest about the ones that go our way.

Watched highlights and he had 2 tries and solid in defence.
I was just saying in the Fainu thread that Manly are going to regret letting these guys go.
Ahh legend, do u know if they have the full game highlights on the nrl app throughout the week?

Back