Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

For me I think last year showed that ice and Bateman do not work as the starting second row pairing.
I get ya to a degree.

I was a bit of a critic of Bateman,but watching him live at the dolphins game the other week
changed my mind.We had no threats either side of him. Nofa comes in way too close pushing the
centre in.

If we want more from those two you need threats inside and outside of them. (Halves,centres and wings)

Still don't think we're as far away as many think.Hopefully the new recuits and John Morris help.Some new
backs and a ball playing lock to add to the list.Bateman could even shift to lock.

No world cup this year for Ice and bateman too.Just the offseason with us.

It’s players like Seyfarth who will be 14-17 at almost any NRL club and is only on a slightly better than minimum wage that helps a club build a strong roster around him.
Also being a local junior that creates the heart and soul of a club, we would be crazy to let him go.
I would say Seyfarth would be 18-23 at most clubs, the weaker ones might have him 17-23.

If he's in your top 17 in round one you have a weak squad.

Think kit is the man
It's great to have some internal jostling for positions. Matamua v Laulilii for the starting lock position long-term.

I hope Matamua can put in a huge off-season & pre-season to primarily build up his tank but also to keep increasing his strength.

Honestly if he does this, he can have a 'break out' year. If he learns to use his size in both attack & defence coupled with his link & ball-playing skills, he can be a real weapon!

One thing I noticed against Manly when he was on, was the speed & length of his passes (can't remember if it was both directions though).

It's great to have some internal jostling for positions. Matamua v Laulilii for the starting lock position long-term.

I hope Matamua can put in a huge off-season & pre-season to primarily build up his tank but also to keep increasing his strength.

Honestly if he does this, he can have a 'break out' year. If he learns to use his size in both attack & defence coupled with his link & ball-playing skills, he can be a real weapon!

One thing I noticed against Manly when he was on, was the speed & length of his passes (can't remember if it was both directions though).
Matamua needs to develop some mongrel, which can't be coached and is typically in you from a young age. he's very skilful but his lack of mongrel will hurt him long term. Kit on the other hand has mongrel in droves, plus has the skill. I know who my money is on to become our long term 13 out of the two of them.

Siotame Havea and Denzel Schaafhausen-Mino are also going to cause some selection headaches down the line.

Can we please recruit Tristan Sailor. He's obviously a first grader and won't cost too much. He has six try assist from four games. I can't believe there's talk of going to the super league

I disagree to an extent. Backrowers are so reliant on their halves to be effective in attack.

I'm not the guy who is going to blame other players for little Jimmy's performances. They didn't do enough. I don't think Klemmer and Stef did enough either.

Api managed to do plenty.

Added:- I hope they have better performances next year. I don't want another crappy season.

Some very important changes to salary cap guidelines for 2024, from AAP story.
  • clubs will have 10 days to up the ante and try and keep players once they receive offers from rivals before a transfer can be ratified by the NRL.
  • players will no longer be able to shift clubs after June 30.
  • clubs will be able to field supplementary players outside their top 30 at any point in the season without an exemption from 2024 (not just after Round 10).
  • players developed by clubs with less than six matches of experience in state cup or the NRL will no longer be able to be approached by rivals until after round six of the final year of their contract.
  • All other players can be approached from November 1 during the final 12 months of their contract.

Some very important changes to salary cap guidelines for 2024, from AAP story.
  • clubs will have 10 days to up the ante and try and keep players once they receive offers from rivals before a transfer can be ratified by the NRL.
  • players will no longer be able to shift clubs after June 30.
  • clubs will be able to field supplementary players outside their top 30 at any point in the season without an exemption from 2024 (not just after Round 10).
  • players developed by clubs with less than six matches of experience in state cup or the NRL will no longer be able to be approached by rivals until after round six of the final year of their contract.
  • All other players can be approached from November 1 during the final 12 months of their contract.
Excluding Roosters of course

Back