Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I agree. But that doesn’t mean other things aren’t also very important to people. Everyone has their story.
Look at how many players struggle post retirement because the game meant everything to them. You need to have a more balanced life. Just my 2 cents. It doesn't mean you can't be a passionate supporter, I'm a lunatic when we win games.

100%. My care factor is probably half of what it used to be. And I’m not alone. I’ve spoken to lots of people who feel the same, including long time members of the forum who no longer come on here. Some just have a breaking point. But it doesn’t affect my life.I don’t walk around letting it impact me like it has during large periods of my life.I don’t put any expectations on the club these days.

No expectations = No disappointment
On the flip side, no expectations also equals no sense of anticipation. And the joy that comes with that. The club has a responsibility to provide that to its supporter base. At least once in a while. For some it’s been a livelihood for decades. They’ve enjoyed the club with their kids, their parents, their partners. Some of them no longer with us. It’s much more than a game to some. To others it’s just a game, and that’s fine.

Look at how many players struggle post retirement because the game meant everything to them. You need to have a more balanced life. Just my 2 cents. It doesn't mean you can't be a passionate supporter, I'm a lunatic when we win games.
Agree it’s healthy to have more than one passion in life, but footy can absolutely be one of them. Everyone is different.

On the flip side, no expectations also equals no sense of anticipation. And the joy that comes with that. The club has a responsibility to provide that to its supporter base. At least once in a while. For some it’s been a livelihood for decades. They’ve enjoyed the club with their kids, their parents, their partners. Some of them no longer with us. It’s much more than a game to some. To others it’s just a game, and that’s fine.
I disagree a little. I do get the anticipation when we might be on the verge of something big (old habits), but it would have to be something really big for it not coming to fruition for me to be inconsolable. I‘m talking Elon Musk pledging to buy the club and pumping 10 billion dollars into it, only for Lee to run his mouth about it on his chintzy little radio plug before the deal is official, only for Musk to pull the plug, big.

I disagree a little. I do get the anticipation when we might be on the verge of something big (old habits), but it would have to be something really big for it not coming to fruition for me to be inconsolable. I‘m talking Elon Musk pledging to buy the club and pumping 10 billion dollars into it, only for Lee to run his mouth about it on his chintzy little radio plug before the deal is official, only for Musk to pull the plug, big.
I’m talking more about game day mate. I was predicting our losing margin fairly consistently last year. That’s no fun.

I’m talking more about game day mate. I was predicting our losing margin fairly consistently last year. That’s no fun.
Time heals

Wed have a bad loss and I'd be filthy that night sometimes and even the next day... By the time the end of the week rolled around I was and still am looking forward to our games no matter what sort of form were in
I can barely remember 2010 & 11 and the excitement of driving from near Parra where we lived to the SFS to watch us live... Loved it.
One game live thus year
A couple the year before
Some people brush it off when we play like shit... Not easy for me.

Time heals

Wed have a bad loss and I'd be filthy that night sometimes and even the next day... By the time the end of the week rolled around I was and still am looking forward to our games no matter what sort of form were in
I can barely remember 2010 & 11 and the excitement of driving from near Parra where we lived to the SFS to watch us live... Loved it.
One game live thus year
A couple the year before
Some people brush it off when we play like shit... Not easy for me.
I admit I still wake up the morning of a Tigers game with a bit of that sense of excitement I got as a kid. But I refuse to travel to watch them play because I know how miserable the trip home’s going to be now. I’m extremely bitter at those in charge of the club because they are depriving people of that happiness so they can keep their inflated pay packet/ weekly ad on the radio.

Last edited:
Tigers recruitment boss Scott Fulton was part of the lunch meeting. He and his late father, Bob, were instrumental in getting Fonua-Blake to Manly after things went south at the Dragons early in his career. It will be interesting to see if the Fulton connection is a factor and if the Dragons exit all those years ago will play on Fonua-Blake’s mind.

It’s well known our club is a shit show, players are just prioritising success when they knock us back. In the end, they probably end up with more money too. Career suicide here.

I understand that is how you feel however feelings aren't facts. How do you explain all the players that have signed here with other options available to them like Bateman,Klemmer, API and IP or even Staines, Seyfarth or even guys like Latu Fainu ?

I reckon we may get Luai as well.

So chin up. Things aren't that bad. Your feelings are just emotions. Maybe we'll have a good year next year. Keep your expectations low and maybe they'll outperform.

Lastly if it gets you so down go and do something else. I'm really happy and I've been a mad Tigers supporter for say 35-40 years.

I have extremely low expectations however like each year I can't wait until the footy season starts. The club has no responsibility to the supporter base. No one owes me anything.

Last edited:
Tigers recruitment boss Scott Fulton was part of the lunch meeting. He and his late father, Bob, were instrumental in getting Fonua-Blake to Manly after things went south at the Dragons early in his career. It will be interesting to see if the Fulton connection is a factor and if the Dragons exit all those years ago will play on Fonua-Blake’s mind.
Dragons have Twiggy Forrest money now.

I have extremely low expectations however like each year I can't until the footy season starts. The club has no responsibility to the supporter base. No one owes me anything.
Control what you can. Try to get what you want. Let go what you can't. Good philosophy.

Luai
AFB
Olakau’atu
Olam or a fixed Doueihi to play a roaming centre roll (my preferred option)

All that for 2025 and we make top 4, very low chance of if all coming into fruition. But a chance is a chance. Klemmer, sezer, Papalii making way.

The only thing is will they do dodgy deals. Money above the table isn't as good as the dodgy payments.
The man is smart enough to come up with a thousand ways to circumvent the salary cap. He won't want to be associated with a mediocre club.

Luai
AFB
Olakau’atu

All that for 2025 and we make top 4, very low chance of if all coming into fruition. But a chance is a chance. Klemmer, sezer, Papalii making way.
hold on cowboy. weren’t you saying Luai ain’t coming to WT last night?

Luai
AFB
Olakau’atu

Very low indeed.

Staff online

Back