Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The Cowboys will be in trouble ..
Tigers should pounce 👀 .. I’d be going after Nanai & Taunoa-Brown

That Taumalolo deal is really going to come back to bite them. It was a great deal for the first five years, but these last four years coming will be a drain.

It really goes to show that signing any front rower on big money beyond the age of 30 is a MASSIVE risk. Taumalolo has really declined in the last year or two and even this last year you could start to see the decline in Junior Paulo. The AFB and Tino deals may be great for the first half of those contracts but could be an issue in the later years.

Heilum Luki and Semi Valemei are both players I'd take interest in. if they do have to squeeze players out then I'd definitely be enquiring about Griffin Neame also. big fan of Robert Derby but I think they keep him.

Don't know too much of Robert Derby

Griffin Neame is abit of a dope

I would take Luki though

Because the links to the club or being organised by the club makes them illegal.
If Politis calls up a mate and says hey, were struggling to bring Tedesco from the Tigers can you chuck in 100k. Then that 3rd party is illegal, even if Politis mate has no official link to the Roosters.
If roosters get no money or benefits from Nicks mate and Nicks mate gets a benefit from the player (marketing) then your scenario is completely legal.

NRL has recently rejected Harry or Meriton as independent third party. Any payments from Harry are included in club third party cap
How on earth could they possibly do that. Richo would knock them into legal oblivion if they even tried it.

Meriton and Harry have had absolutely nothing to do with WT for almost a decade. They're a private company with no links to WT.

Are the NRL actually trying to eliminate any financial contribution from any company that has ever had any affiliation with a club? That would be a huge job, but the only way they could possibly try and rule out Meriton.

Back