Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Because the links to the club or being organised by the club makes them illegal.
If Politis calls up a mate and says hey, were struggling to bring Tedesco from the Tigers can you chuck in 100k. Then that 3rd party is illegal, even if Politis mate has no official link to the Roosters.
If roosters get no money or benefits from Nicks mate and Nicks mate gets a benefit from the player (marketing) then your scenario is completely legal.

NRL has recently rejected Harry or Meriton as independent third party. Any payments from Harry are included in club third party cap
How on earth could they possibly do that. Richo would knock them into legal oblivion if they even tried it.

Meriton and Harry have had absolutely nothing to do with WT for almost a decade. They're a private company with no links to WT.

Are the NRL actually trying to eliminate any financial contribution from any company that has ever had any affiliation with a club? That would be a huge job, but the only way they could possibly try and rule out Meriton.

How on earth could they possibly do that. Richo would knock them into legal oblivion if they even tried it.

Meriton and Harry have had absolutely nothing to do with WT for almost a decade. They're a private company with no links to WT.

Are the NRL actually trying to eliminate any financial contribution from any company that has ever had any affiliation with a club? That would be a huge job, but the only way they could possibly try and rule out Meriton.
Richo will work something out.

Chammas is in here reading our posts.

He’s just posted on a screenshot of our forum on Twitter saying that Jarome is unsure if he wants to leave now and is annoyed at the leaks (post was of the false story claiming to be Chammas)

For once we know the leaks aren’t coming from our side

We seem to be assuming that whatever Luai is being paid is coming off the cap entirely.

It has been suggested that there is a component of TPA and I've seen $350k mentioned more than once.

If, for argument sake, the offer to Luai was $850k off the cap and $350k TPA, totaling $1.2m pa, would you still have reservations about the offer ?
Maybe I am not explaining myself well.

I try not to speculate on player salaries, I think it's pointless. I don't really mean $1M in terms of actual salary or contribution to the salary cap, I mean it as a label, a benchmark for "high cost player". Like a million-dollar house or a million-dollar bank account, as a significant benchmark.

So at that benchmark I think guys like Tino, Haas, Cleary, Tedesco, Munster, Latrell, Manu etc. they are all very significant players, top-quality in their position and raise the finals-threat of their roster just by their own ability, before you factor in things like the rest of the roster, coach, facilities, team systems etc. So-called "million-dollar" players.

So if Tino joined Tigers, we'd immediately be a serious roster, just by his appointment alone, before you take into account anything else about the club.

With Luai, I don't feel that way. He's certainly better than anyone we have in his position and he improves the Tigers roster, but it's not a guarantee that we'll get top outcomes. But at the same time he is being valued by Tigers as one of those "million-dollar players", one of the game's top earners. He's not been tested outside of the Penrith system and they still won the comp basically without him being required.

Reactions: 851
Dearden hasn't proven anywhere near as much. Won an origin game. That's all his done in his entire career. Not sure he could do what Luai did with Samoa and Dearden has only had 2 good seasons. Luai has had 4 in a row
I agree I don't think Dearden has the success like Luai, I just think he has a very high ceiling that he has not achieved yet.

He was actually quite poor at the Broncos at times, but I like his trajectory. It's just a gut thing.

He’s just posted on a screenshot of our forum on Twitter saying that Jarome is unsure if he wants to leave now and is annoyed at the leaks (post was of the false story claiming to be Chammas)

So he’s saying that Benji sold the vision and the coin he wanted to him and now he’ll renege because of some random leaking gossip. 🤔

To be completely clear mate … he has had no monetary involvement in the club for several years now… so he is free to make Third Party deals to players should be choose to
I was told he still contributes a significant amount of money to the club. But because he's not a sponsor any more, they can use it in a different way.

I don't get it? Annoyed at the leaks that Chammas himself is publishing, from his current club. Why does the Tigers forum have anything to do with it.

Why don't you sit tight and this will all be resolved shortly.

Latest posts

Members online

Back