Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Can someone put the DT story up on here from this morning about Olam Blore deal. Thanks!

I really hope we’ve found a way to negotiate Olam’s contract changing to 2 years if he comes here. 3 years is too long.
Someone on here yesterday mentioned the first two years were subsidised by $200k per season (or thereabouts). Assuming the third year is $600k, the 3 year contract averages out at $467k per season. Not overs if he can get back to his best but we would want some decent output.

I was told about 1-2 months ago that he’d be shocked if Olam wasn’t in the team come Round 1 even when reports suggested the deal had fallen through. So I expect it to be done relatively soon.

He comes from a great system, grand final experience and brings a lot of aggression/strength both from the attacking and defensive end. Good signing. Not many good outside backs on the market right now too.

Benji is continuing to cook…..

Someone on here yesterday mentioned the first two years were subsidised by $200k per season (or thereabouts). Assuming the third year is $600k, the 3 year contract averages out at $467k per season. Not overs if he can get back to his best but we would want some decent output.

He is now 30 …At that age most players get worse as they get older … so come his last year when they are paying full freight … they will be hoping he bucks the trend ,,

Has the potential to be another Nofo if he falls off a cliff in 2024 … playing out 2 years in NSW Cup for big money

looks like Richo has managed to do what Pascoe could not and gotten Melbourne to pay considerable freight for Olam.

given our clear lack of quality and experience in the centres, this is a good signing for 2024. the next two years are the concern though, no question. time will tell!

looks like Richo has managed to do what Pascoe could not and gotten Melbourne to pay considerable freight for Olam.

given our clear lack of quality and experience in the centres, this is a good signing for 2024. the next two years are

Im not so sure that the Storm being so desperate to move him on could be a good sign..

They certainly know him a lot better than Benji and the Tigers …

given our clear lack of quality and experience in the centres, this is a good signing for 2024. the next two years are the concern though, no question. time will tell!

I think Richo is great but given we walked away from negotiations and only came back once Tupou was leaving suggests we came back rather than Richo getting Melbourne to chip more in.

I think Richo is great but given we walked away from negotiations and only came back once Tupou was leaving suggests we came back rather than Richo getting Melbourne to chip more in.
You’re probably correct, but we wouldn’t have got Storm to chip in if we didn’t have Riccho at the table. If we still had Pascoe and Lee we most likely would’ve taken the contract on full freight.

Back