Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

blore for olam is 95% done
melbourne paying considerable freight for the next 2 years

club has been blown away by alex lobb
Very encouraging about Lobb, we need reliable wingers and a big lad like Lobb could be a great ying to Staines yang. Not to mention the goal kicking.
Also, I have not been a big fan of the olam move, but if Melbourne are picking up a fair bit of that tab I think that changes the equation. If he's past it then so be it, he becomes a very handy back up, if not then also a win.

That’s interesting re Olam and the storm picking up some freight, I’m not sure whether it was you or not could have even been in the media. But there was a suggestion Olam wanted more to come to Sydney to play which is roughly when we went cold I believe. Olam with the storm picking up considerable freight even for 2 yrs is decent business imo.
If it's true it shows how important a real CEO is.

Might be the upgrade Richo alluded to...
Don’t think so. Not because he’s not good enough, it’s just development players can now play from Round 1 so no real need to promote him yet. Obviously if the club did manage to offload Nofa that could change, but for now I think it’s the smart move to keep him on development. Especially since with Luai coming for 2025, we’ve already filled 26 out of 30 spots for 25. Have to be careful with our final 4 spots.

Last edited:
Don’t think so. Not because he’s not good enough, it’s just development players can now play from Round 1 so need real need to promote him yet. Obviously if the club did manage to offload Nofa that could change, but for now I think it’s the smart move to keep him on development. Especially since with Luai coming for 2025, we’ve already filled 26 out of 30 spots for 25. Have to be careful with our final 4 spots.
Is he dev or just a cup contract?
The feedback we keep hearing about this guy is great.

Saw some one say he is like a young Chris Lawrence.

Is he dev or just a cup contract?
The feedback we keep hearing about this guy is great.

Saw some one say he is like a young Chris Lawrence.
He’s on a 2 year development deal starting this year and is on development again in 25. 2026 if he kills it we can safely promote him to top 30, unless we got rid of Nofa early than we could promote him before then.

Reactions: 851
Galvin and Fauinu are yet to debut, so there is an air of mystery. Sullivan has played nearly 30 games.
That first seasons worth of games that every player must go thru where they're finding themsslves, finding their feet their voice and their way in the top grade has already been done for us re: sullivan... A years worth of development if we are to keep him post 24 that Fainu and Galvin will still have to get thru.
It's time and effort worthwhile building on imo... He just has to keep pace with the expecting of where he should be at certain stages of his development

Two players I'd love to see with us are Greg Marzhew and Matt Timoko... Unfortunately GM signed til 26 and I have a idea Timoko may be locked up long term.as well
Think Timoko would go the same route as Semi Valemei....

(Go to another level at a new club)
Good shout that one.

Marzhew, not sold on.
Think he gets exposed too often.

FFS give the guy a chance will ya? He signed here for 4 years and for some reason we want him Gone? He literally could be anything , he is a fast, fit, talented young bloke who came to the club because of a vision Benji sold to him.. apparently he is training the house down, let’s see how this young playing group gel together before we start writing them off is my hope??
Settle down fella, my opinion only lol.

Minor detail ... Who is gonna be our goal kicker? We haven't had a decent kicker since Hodgo!
Well if Api's kicking last season with 18/21 kicks at 85.7% isn't considered to be good enough, we can always fall back on either Sezer or Sullivan as there is a pretty good chance that one of them will be playing NRL in 2024.

Last season Wakeham, who is considered to be a very good goal kicker kicked 27/33 at 81.8% and prior to that we had Doueihi kicking somewhere in the low to mid 70% range.

I think the best year Pat Richards had kicking for us was about the same 85.7% as Api achieved for us last season, albeit from a higher number of kick attempts.

People either remember Api's first attempt at goal for us which was a shocker or an absolute pearler that he kicked from the sideline that hit the cross bar and bounced over to win us the game against the Dolphins.

Latest posts

Back