Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Some points from this morning's SEN interview with Richo:

* Luai sent over the signed paper work the night before (2nd of January). Richo was aware that Luai wanted to hold a press conference, but had no idea when. He was made aware of the press conference at 10am yesterday morning
* "(Luai) is an exciting person to have on board .. a game changer for us"
* Luai wants to be face of the club and he is a massive coup for us marketing-wise
* Richo hinted that Bulldogs were very much in the picture to land Luai's signature
* "Young Galvin is going to be a superstar .. young Latu is going to be a superstar"
* "Luao" (I wonder how long it will take for him to say Luai's name correctly)
* "(the squad) is not as balanced as we would like it"
* "We'll change a fair few things .. we already have .. over the next week we'll change other things .. which will come out .. new signings and a few other things .. with staff and that"
* "How Benji is as a coach we will find out over the next few years"
* "I've got a very good vision of where I want us to go"

My takeaways from Richo interview:
* Luai didn’t sign a contract with us until last night, he informed the media he will do a press conference at 10am ish (before club sent announcement out)
* Richo son is best mates with Ciraldo and up until last night didn’t know if he was coming or heading to bulldogs.
* roster and staff changes to be announced over next 7 days.
* mentioned development spot free that needs to be filled
* subtle hint re Fainu and Galvin as 5/8ths mention both as superstars, interesting that Sullivan was an after thought
* Richo focus is governance and structure to simplify/manage over next 60 days get it going before season starts to take pressure off the footy side.
* did mention changes to happen on pathways, development side
* Richo isn’t comfortable with the balance of the roster next 12mths will be of focus to mould it into something for next 2-3 years, he did point out this year we need to win games.
* expect changes in our media area, he made specific mention on that.
* when asked about expectations for this year he didn’t set one, took total pressure off the coach/team on this one

Its really refreshing to hear a proper CEO lead us he just controls the media brilliantly and they listen/respect him.

It’s early days, people talk about players and coaches being the best signings a club makes to win more but Richo could very well be our best.

My takeaways from Richo interview:
* Luai didn’t sign a contract with us until last night, he informed the media he will do a press conference at 10am ish (before club sent announcement out)
* Richo son is best mates with Ciraldo and up until last night didn’t know if he was coming or heading to bulldogs.
* roster and staff changes to be announced over next 7 days.
* mentioned development spot free that needs to be filled
* subtle hint re Fainu and Galvin as 5/8ths mention both as superstars, interesting that Sullivan was an after thought
* Richo focus is governance and structure to simplify/manage over next 60 days get it going before season starts to take pressure off the footy side.
* did mention changes to happen on pathways, development side
* Richo isn’t comfortable with the balance of the roster next 12mths will be of focus to mould it into something for next 2-3 years, he did point out this year we need to win games.
* expect changes in our media area, he made specific mention on that.
* when asked about expectations for this year he didn’t set one, took total pressure off the coach/team on this one

Its really refreshing to hear a proper CEO lead us he just controls the media brilliantly and they listen/respect him.

It’s early days, people talk about players and coaches being the best signings a club makes to win more but Richo could very well be our best.
Class act.

Smart operator.

Some points from this morning's SEN interview with Richo:

* Luai sent over the signed paper work the night before (2nd of January). Richo was aware that Luai wanted to hold a press conference, but had no idea when. He was made aware of the press conference at 10am yesterday morning
* "(Luai) is an exciting person to have on board .. a game changer for us"
* Luai wants to be face of the club and he is a massive coup for us marketing-wise
* Richo hinted that Bulldogs were very much in the picture to land Luai's signature
* "Young Galvin is going to be a superstar .. young Latu is going to be a superstar"
* "Luao" (I wonder how long it will take for him to say Luai's name correctly)
* "(the squad) is not as balanced as we would like it"
* "We'll change a fair few things .. we already have .. over the next week we'll change other things .. which will come out .. new signings and a few other things .. with staff and that"
* "How Benji is as a coach we will find out over the next few years"
* "I've got a very good vision of where I want us to go"

This is so different to any CEO I've listened to at Wests Tigers ever.
In a so so good way.
Still pinching myself.
How did I ever accept what was?
This is a real watershed moment for the club.

It would not surprise me now if we secure Olam or Best but maybe we will be careful with the salary cap with the JL signing & having to consider the many upgrades of our pathways talent over the next 3-4 years.

It is evident we need a decent centre (both attack & defence) so I think Taylan May, Isaiah Tass & even Tesi Niu could come into the equation.

Niu is an interesting one! One of the strongest in the gym at the Dolphins, was a highly-touted teenager and could find his place as a block-busting centre (a younger & cheaper version of Olam). I could get shot down for this but could be worth a swap deal this year with Tupou if Benji is a fan.
Yeah wouldn't say no to Niu, the Phins have a glut of outside backs, so you'd have to think some will move on. Great attacking threat, he does have some pretty bad defensive issues though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back