Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think our next signing will be To'o, but if we sign Best that would be even better.
Bizza’s locked in til 2027 at Penrith. he’ll be there for life. Best I think is all but done at Newcastle. fairly sure Benji walked away after the initial meeting.

My takeaways from Richo interview:
* Luai didn’t sign a contract with us until last night, he informed the media he will do a press conference at 10am ish (before club sent announcement out)
* Richo son is best mates with Ciraldo and up until last night didn’t know if he was coming or heading to bulldogs.
* roster and staff changes to be announced over next 7 days.
* mentioned development spot free that needs to be filled
* subtle hint re Fainu and Galvin as 5/8ths mention both as superstars, interesting that Sullivan was an after thought
* Richo focus is governance and structure to simplify/manage over next 60 days get it going before season starts to take pressure off the footy side.
* did mention changes to happen on pathways, development side
* Richo isn’t comfortable with the balance of the roster next 12mths will be of focus to mould it into something for next 2-3 years, he did point out this year we need to win games.
* expect changes in our media area, he made specific mention on that.
* when asked about expectations for this year he didn’t set one, took total pressure off the coach/team on this one

Its really refreshing to hear a proper CEO lead us he just controls the media brilliantly and they listen/respect him.

It’s early days, people talk about players and coaches being the best signings a club makes to win more but Richo could very well be our best.
I found his comments interesting regarding the way he spoke about the squad in a few years sounded like he was saying it was going to be a process that would take a few years and he would be apart of it. Which would be difficult to do within a 6 month window. I dare say he is in it for the long haul 🙏

Why would we offer him back to them? Luai isn’t coming until 25 so if we offer him back we’ve got Fainu, Sezer and Galvin for halves. We aren’t gonna let him go. The Dragons have no one to blame but themselves for losing him, probably should have thought to be smarter in regards to Amone. Should’ve realised there was a possibility Amone would have been torn up by the NRL.
We are in a good position now. Benji can run his eye over Sullivan, Sezer, Fainu & Galvin for a whole season to determine who (if any) may be expendable.

By expendable, I mean tradable so we can get a player that fills a need in return.

Ideally Sullivan gets plenty of reps in the top 13 this season to enhance his value & with the shortage of quality halves on the market suddenly could find himself in hot demand if he was allowed to explore options.

Or he absolutely kills it & we retain him to partner JL.

Richo really pushed Fainu and Galvin in particular it does make you wonder where that leaves Bud he really was an after thought. Depending on how the other 2 progress throughout the season Bud could be the odd man out.
It would not surprise me in the slightest with Amone being de registered that maybe Sullivan fills a gap for us next season and he heads back to saints. He would be in demand no matter what i don't think we would be left out of pocket if he left, but he could kill it and really lock himself in all to be played for really.
He had massive wraps on Galvin. Bit surprising given Fainu looks more ready for first grade and is also a top talent

My takeaways from Richo interview:
* Luai didn’t sign a contract with us until last night, he informed the media he will do a press conference at 10am ish (before club sent announcement out)
* Richo son is best mates with Ciraldo and up until last night didn’t know if he was coming or heading to bulldogs.
* roster and staff changes to be announced over next 7 days.
* mentioned development spot free that needs to be filled
* subtle hint re Fainu and Galvin as 5/8ths mention both as superstars, interesting that Sullivan was an after thought
* Richo focus is governance and structure to simplify/manage over next 60 days get it going before season starts to take pressure off the footy side.
* did mention changes to happen on pathways, development side
* Richo isn’t comfortable with the balance of the roster next 12mths will be of focus to mould it into something for next 2-3 years, he did point out this year we need to win games.
* expect changes in our media area, he made specific mention on that.
* when asked about expectations for this year he didn’t set one, took total pressure off the coach/team on this one

Its really refreshing to hear a proper CEO lead us he just controls the media brilliantly and they listen/respect him.

It’s early days, people talk about players and coaches being the best signings a club makes to win more but Richo could very well be our best.
I have a feeling Sullivan is going to prove a lot of us wrong this year and fire. It would leave a massive halves headache though. Fainu or Galvin definitely going if Sullivan goes better than expected in 2024

Reactions: 851
I keep reading how Penrith hates us.
It's obvious why we hate them but why do they hate us?
It's like stealing another bloke's wife and she turns out to be a fantastic wife, and hating the bloke you stole her from.
It makes no sense.
Media talk trying to make something out of nothing, big rivalry, hatred blah, blah…all BS.

I found his comments interesting regarding the way he spoke about the squad in a few years sounded like he was saying it was going to be a process that would take a few years and he would be apart of it. Which would be difficult to do within a 6 month window. I dare say he is in it for the long haul 🙏

I’m not looking into timeframes for those comments the same way for Richo yet ALOT can happens over next few months and we all know our board can make wrong decisions.

I think though he is acting as a CEO should - strategy, structure, financially, people/roles and Governance.

We are a footy club and the roster is a critical aspect of that.

I see Sullivan as our long term 14. Which in the modern era is super important. If he can be our Conor Watson, Dylan Walker,Kurt Mann type that would be super handy

I dont … come 2025 I see Da Silva as the full time 14 to blood him to take over from Api 2027…

Sullivan could be moved on come 2025 if he doesn’t outplay Fainu

Back