Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Seen Dragons want a hooker and Raiders denied the release of Zac Woolford. Maybe we should offer Jake Simpkin in exchange for Either Lomax or Ravalawa?
Wouldn't mind a swap for Sloan. Could be great on the wing with his speed, size and athleticism and a good replacement for Tupou.

Lomax has reportedly been given the fullback role to start the season so Sloan could be a realistic trade option.

Wouldn't mind a swap for Sloan. Could be great on the wing with his speed, size and athleticism and a good replacement for Tupou.

Lomax has reportedly been given the fullback role to start the season so Sloan could be a realistic trade option.
Campbelltown boy.

Defensively he’d be terrible…..

I feel like Staines and Lobb have potential to be our wingers moving forward. Staines next to Olam and Fainu/Sullivan/Seizer guiding them with Luai the following year. That could be something.

If anyone I’d like a Michael Molo for some bench depth. Especially with Blore departing.

Defensively he’d be terrible…..

I feel like Staines and Lobb have potential to be our wingers moving forward. Staines next to Olam and Fainu/Sullivan/Seizer guiding them with Luai the following year. That could be something.

If anyone I’d like a Michael Molo for some bench depth. Especially with Blore departing.
Molo's an interesting choice and certainly not one on my radar. what you like about him?

Molo's an interesting choice and certainly not one on my radar. what you like about him?
Low $ and has some upside. I think he could be a good prop bench option one day. No one looks good at the dragons right now he has some ability Molo.

Low risk high reward. No one else interests me from the dragons that would be realistic.

I’d be looking at thier edge back rowers. Say what you will , but the dragons have a good rep for produces elite edges . A lot get poached well before first grade as well . The Illawarra is fertile ground for footy players .
the nrl are just lucky that after thier premiership win , they rested on thier laurels , kept the deadwood running the joint , and develop a boys culture that would put the sharks circa the Bird/dugan/ Ferguson era at the sharks to shame .

Reactions: 851
I’d be looking at thier edge back rowers. Say what you will , but the dragons have a good rep for produces elite edges . A lot get poached well before first grade as well . The Illawarra is fertile ground for footy players .
the nrl are just lucky that after thier premiership win , they rested on thier laurels , kept the deadwood running the joint , and develop a boys culture that would put the sharks circa the Bird/dugan/ Ferguson era at the sharks to shame .
Both/either of the Couchmans would be good pick-ups imo

@kade7 or @teddy23 hi guys - can either of you tell me why we signed olam over keeping tupou?

I just don’t understand.

Even if tupou was an extra $100k per year - why would we not keep the kid?

He’s younger, has big upside,

I just have no idea why they did that considering our outside backs are weak.

And tupou imo is going to better than staines, naden, etc - like everyone

So I just don’t get it.

@kade7 or @teddy23 hi guys - can either of you tell me why we signed olam over keeping tupou?

I just don’t understand.

Even if tupou was an extra $100k per year - why would we not keep the kid?

He’s younger, has big upside,

I just have no idea why they did that considering our outside backs are weak.

And tupou imo is going to better than staines, naden, etc - like everyone

So I just don’t get it.
Ever considered Tupou didn’t want to stay……I think it wasn’t just the money

Seen Dragons want a hooker and Raiders denied the release of Zac Woolford. Maybe we should offer Jake Simpkin in exchange for Either Lomax or Ravalawa?
Shows how highly Jacob Liddle is rated over there. Where is Russell these days? I still remember him trying to say Liddle was better than Harry Grant

Surely with luai and Richardson on board and benji he could see upside … heard it was bc we were out paid … idk tho
Downside with Tupou is his hands, especially under the high ball.

Often forwards have bad hands early but rectify it later in their careers but it's rare for backs to have bad hands early.

Be interesting if he fixes this this year.

He's going to get pumped with bombs this year.

If it's not fixed he can't be carried.

Reactions: 851
I’d have Toupu at the bottom of the pecking order. If we were in a position that we were going to mount a charge than I’d consider him, but given it’s going to be a development year and we are already going to be blooding enough of our own, no point wasting one of those spots on a guy who won’t be around. It’s only going to benefit the Dolphins. Screw that.

Surely with luai and Richardson on board and benji he could see upside … heard it was bc we were out paid … idk tho

Alot of talk was he wanted a center spot.
Maybe we couldn’t promise it.
Wolf has coached Tupou before & maybe that played apart.

If it was cash like 100k a season it’s easy to say pay it but if the offer is 500k+ from the dolphins then paying the extra 100k is a high chunk for Tupou. I wouldn’t pay it.

The kid has alot of upside though.

Back