Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@ said:
@ said:
McQueen will be the first backrower picked assuming we don't sign anyone else.

x2

X3
Seriously we over rate our own players more than any other fan base. McQueen is our best backrower including ET and it's not close. Seriously strong trained with him Once and can bench more than me 160kgs. Real tough guy don't be fooled.

Chris McQueen is not a bad player. He just needs some motivation and a good coach.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0YFwIMggfM[/media]

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
McQueen will be the first backrower picked assuming we don't sign anyone else.

x2

X3
Seriously we over rate our own players more than any other fan base. McQueen is our best backrower including ET and it's not close. Seriously strong trained with him Once and can bench more than me 160kgs. Real tough guy don't be fooled.

Reckon Ben Murdoch-Masila could bench a fair bit but that doesn't translate to the game. I rate Lawrence as a better runner, and ET is so far ahead defensively that it's not even close. McQueen is pretty good, I'm not debating that, but if I was picking the team (and lucky for us, I'm not), I would have him off the bench.
McQueen's form of late doesn't even come close to warranting a guaranteed start, and it's not exactly like he's a Gillett or Frizell coming to us.
I'll give it an off season but I've seen nothing to suggest he's significantly (or even slightly) better than what we've got.

McQueen will start if fit, only question is who spot does he take. If we can get aioli's minutes up, Lawrence goes back to bench.

@ said:
Marsters was super impressive on the weekend (yes, against a questionable standard, but his attitude was first class for a young fella playing all over the park), and I'd give him a go in the centres round one next year. One side having Idris, Suli and Fonua with the other being Lawrence, Marsters and Nofo would be a massive upgrade. Still unsure of our forwards but with Ava gone I wouldn't say no to Packer.

1\. Lolohea
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Marsters
4\. Suli
5\. Fonua
6\. Reynolds
7\. Brooks
8\. Matulino
9\. McIlwrick
10\. Packer
11\. Lawrence
12\. Idris
13\. Taylor
14\. McQueen
15\. Aloiai
16\. Sue
17\. Felise/Tatola/Twal/Liddle

I like this team a lot but I'd move Suli to the right and leave Idris and Nofo there. That makes a really strong right side. The left side of Marsters, Fonua & Lawrence wouldn't be anywhere near as good but it doesn't look bad.

I'm not sold on Lolohea at fullback but let's see what happens.

That pack looks good though. Idris gives us a hitter and an impact player. We also get two props on the bench in Aloiai and Sue and either Liddle or another prop.

The only thing I don't really like is I reckon Chee-Kam deserves a spot but I can't find a spot for him. I might play Chee-Kam over Marsters but that would depend on performances.

I'd be breaking down the door to re-sign McIllwrick and provided the $$$ are right I'd re-sign Rankin, Littlejohn, Marsters and Heleta now from the current squad up for renewal. The others including Idris are playing for an offer later in the year. Idris I think is coming good but I still feel he will want more $$$ for his signature and we need to be sure of him before acceding to that.

This is pretty interesting:

**<big>YOUNG GUN IN DEMAND</big>**

Keep an eye out for Manly centre Tevita Funa.

A goal kicker who played his junior footy with Tigers gun Moses Suli, Funa has plenty of buzz around him.

Having caught the eye of the Roosters and Tigers, the 18-year-old is turning 19 this year and had been tearing up the NYC before suffering a knee injury.

Funa started the year with five tries and 13 goals from three Holden Cup games — tallying an impressive 46 points.

He’d also made 20 tackle breaks and 394 running metres in his three games in 2017.

Funa will return from injury mid-season.

So all the so called League experts have Lolohea, Fonua, Thompson, Packer and Milne coming to us ??, if that's the case here is my side for 2018:

1\. Lolohea
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Suli
4\. Fonua
5\. Thompson
6\. Reynolds
7\. Brooks
8\. Matulino
9\. McIlwrick
10\. Packer
11\. McQueen
12\. Idris
13\. Taylor

14\. Sue
15\. Aloiai
16\. Twal
17\. Marsters
18\. Lawrence/Liddle/Milne

Via Foxsports market watch
Bulldogs fans will remember winger Corey Thompson and Tigers fans will get to know him next year.

The 26-year-old spent three seasons in the kennel before heading to England in 2016 and has gained a release from Widnes to return home to Australia citing home sicknessIt’s understood the Wests Tigers are interested in the winger in a move which would see him reunite with ex-teammate and close friend Josh Reynolds.

It’s believed the Tigers have tabled Thompson a two-year deal starting in 2018

Reckon he is better off in Brisbane, seems to have straightened out his life with Titans and now the Broncos.

Better off away from the distractions of Sydney.

@ said:
Reckon he is better off in Brisbane, seems to have straightened out his life with Titans and now the Broncos.

Better off away from the distractions of Sydney.

Straightened his life out? Wasn't he charged with assault just before the season started?

We have as much chance of signing Roberts as we do of signing Bennett as our next coach after Ivan has won us a couple of premierships and takes early retirement. BUGGER ALL.
What we need to be doing right now, and I'm quite sure Ivan is working on it now, is to bolster the worst pack of forwards in the competition

Thoughts on Pauli Pauli as a young prop option? Off contract at the Knights.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back