Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@Ponyo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087084) said:
Buzz reckons NRL are set to approve a 10 year Burgess payout for Souths in adminastration role "The NRL is expected to approve his medical retirement by the end of the week. Outside of the new job at Souths, Burgess also recently signed a new commentary deal at Fox Sports". They're saying the end of the week now? It seems like they've fast-tracked it all if Buzz is on the money here. It would be crazy if it got approved so quickly after Greenberg said in the new year. Wouldn't be surprised if the timing was by design

If thats true that just pisses me off like no other... :rage: :rage:
We offer a player a job ***after*** his playing career ends and was also leaving our club to go elsewhere and we are still paying for it in this years salary cap but they treat there fav clubs like this... I hope one day someone with the balls comes out and challenges the NRL and the blatant bias they show to clubs they don't like..

Buzz reckons NRL are set to approve a 10 year Burgess payout for Souths in adminastration role "The NRL is expected to approve his medical retirement by the end of the week. Outside of the new job at Souths, Burgess also recently signed a new commentary deal at Fox Sports". They're saying the end of the week now? It seems like they've fast-tracked it all if Buzz is on the money here. It would be crazy if it got approved so quickly after Greenberg said in the new year. Wouldn't be surprised if the timing was by design

Surprise, surprise!

*Pretends to act shocked* 😱

Burgess a commentary deal.
I can't understand what he says half the time. Sounds like he's got a mouthful of weetbix

@TIGER said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087031) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087028) said:
@TIGER said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087027) said:
@NT_Tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086919) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086915) said:
@bptiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1086911) said:
so here we are talking about backs only, I still believe we need a senior prop and a very good backrower, because if u don't win the battle up front it really doesn't matter what u got out the back.

Leilua and Garner are a pretty good backrow. And with Musgrove and Stefano signing I don't think we're looking too bad in the middle either.

Nicely understated. And if Packer fires this season we will have a great pack.

Packer couldn't fire if he was a jiffy in a room full of arsonists.

Negative Nelly here......

Come on mate...have a bit of faith in the bloke

I think Packer is finished as an NRL quality player.
If you think that's negative I can't help that, I'm just giving my honest opinion based on my observation of him, I think the game has passed him by.

But that is an uneducated observation as you are unaware of what injuries he may have been carrying and how the injuries are now!

@gallagher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087110) said:
Vunavalu off to rugby 2021.

900k a season 😳

Why would any Young and aspiring union player even bother trying to move to the elite level ...the people running that code have destroyed it .

My concern with signing Moylan is two fold, firstly, yes he would probably add something but would the cost equate to benefits..I doubt it.
Secondly..why would you give the Sharks a leg up by helping them move on a player and create cap space. I see it as madness.

Maybe different if there is a swap with JR in the deal. That way both clubs are getting cap relief

@cochise said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087099) said:
so here we are talking about backs only, I still believe we need a senior prop and a very good backrower, because if u don't win the battle up front it really doesn't matter what u got out the back.

Leilua and Garner are a pretty good backrow. And with Musgrove and Stefano signing I don't think we're looking too bad in the middle either.

If you think that's negative I can't help that, I'm just giving my honest opinion based on my observation of him, I think the game has passed him by.

But that is an uneducated observation as you are unaware of what injuries he may have been carrying and how the injuries are now!

I'm also basing it off his football at previous clubs, has he been injured the whole time he's been with us?

@TIGER said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087128) said:
@cochise said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087099) said:

I'm also basing it off his football at previous clubs, has he been injured the whole time he's been with us?

Not sure about that, he was a beast for us in 2018.

@Snake said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087120) said:
Why would any Young and aspiring union player even bother trying to move to the elite level ...the people running that code have destroyed it .

Should the Roosters win another comp or 2 in the next few years i wouldn't be surprised if Tedesco was targeted. He may well get to the stage of thinking- What else is there to achieve-Getting bashed in SOO every year and playing meaningless Internationals or expand his profile and bank balance by going to the next World Cup. Plenty of Ra Ra dentists out there for a TPA.

@gallagher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087110) said:
Vunavalu off to rugby 2021.

Wallabies ??

Australian Rugby have nothing on the WT's

With the centre retiring they have no quality centres , the back row and flankers are getting stripped with retirements and they allegedly chasing Latrell Mitchell

@Don_Kershane said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087131) said:

Should the Roosters win another comp or 2 in the next few years i wouldn't be surprised if Tedesco was targeted. He may well get to the stage of thinking- What else is there to achieve-Getting bashed in SOO every year and playing meaningless Internationals or expand his profile and bank balance by going to the next World Cup. Plenty of Ra Ra dentists out there for a TPA.

Can Tedesco kick? Union fullbacks need to be able boot the ball long and high. I don't know whether he can or not, but I have never seen him put boot to leather.

@yeti said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087134) said:
@Don_Kershane said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1087131) said:

Can Tedesco kick? Union fullbacks need to be able boot the ball long and high. I don't know whether he can or not, but I have never seen him put boot to leather.

Shouldn't be a problem -they just have draw a picture of Isaac Moses on the ball.

Back