Simpkin

I’d argue the forwards have done their jobs to a reasonable level this year, the backs just haven’t turned field position into points.
Had we attacked Warriors and Titans as we did Melbourne and Parra we would have beaten them both comfortably.

Our forwards have been solid in defence but with the ball they haven't been effective. They struggle to make meters and work effort when we have the ball is low. It's like they are using majority of their energy defending.

Our back work rate has been terrible, it's actually the worst in the NRL (Gildart at least offered value here)

For Runs: Joe is 25th with 86 runs, Laurie is 46th despite missing a game with 79 , Nofa is equal 49th with 78

Run Meters we don't have anyone in the top 50, 2yrs ago Nofa was in the top 5-10 year on year. Based on my data we don't have anyone before 82nd.

Our Support play leaders are Joe, Laurie and Twal. Halves & Fullbacks are normally smothering this. So at least Laurie is doing his part here but Brooks has been more focused on positional over support.

Decoy runners - Joe (5th) and Twal (7th) again leading the way, interesting as alot of props on the top 25 list being used as out the back style.

Post contact meters we only have Lucy on the hit list in the top 50, based on my data we don't have anyone else in the top 100.

Basically we aren't giving the forwards a fighting chance unless they have options with them like in the Eels game. If we do 1 out stuff then they will be eaten alive. Our backs need a kick up the backside and lift their work rate as well.

Yes
Do you want douhie as a 650k centre or utility
I actually think AD @$650K is many times more value for our Salary cap dollar than Brooks @ $900K.?

Brooks is a tremendously talented foot player, Skilful and a very good defender.

however Million dollar players need to be reliable to perform as expected and win us games.

AD like Hastings has the Attitude that I want in my club

Our forwards have been solid in defence but with the ball they haven't been effective. They struggle to make meters and work effort when we have the ball is low. It's like they are using majority of their energy defending.

Our back work rate has been terrible, it's actually the worst in the NRL (Gildart at least offered value here)

For Runs: Joe is 25th with 86 runs, Laurie is 46th despite missing a game with 79 , Nofa is equal 49th with 78

Run Meters we don't have anyone in the top 50, 2yrs ago Nofa was in the top 5-10 year on year. Based on my data we don't have anyone before 82nd.

Our Support play leaders are Joe, Laurie and Twal. Halves & Fullbacks are normally smothering this. So at least Laurie is doing his part here but Brooks has been more focused on positional over support.

Decoy runners - Joe (5th) and Twal (7th) again leading the way, interesting as alot of props on the top 25 list being used as out the back style.

Post contact meters we only have Lucy on the hit list in the top 50, based on my data we don't have anyone else in the top 100.

Basically we aren't giving the forwards a fighting chance unless they have options with them like in the Eels game. If we do 1 out stuff then they will be eaten alive. Our backs need a kick up the backside and lift their work rate as well.
Until Sunday It's as if our forwards and had through our games lost all confidence to open up and really attack.

Until Sunday It's as if our forwards and had through our games lost all confidence to open up and really attack.

They ran harder, they had support and our whole game plan was very different to what it was the weeks before. I hope it's not a blip because what we saw was very exciting.

Pea hey might have to play 9
I don't think you should move Hastings and brooks
I would like to see Brooks at 9 if Jake can't play and have Madden at 6. They could always swap positions during the game if things aren't going to plan.

I am a big fan of Toby Sexton, he will be a superstar in the future and he is one I think we should target to replace Brooks with. I'm not a fan of renewing his contract beyond next year.

I actually think AD @$650K is many times more value for our Salary cap dollar than Brooks @ $900K.?

Brooks is a tremendously talented foot player, Skilful and a very good defender.

however Million dollar players need to be reliable to perform as expected and win us games.

AD like Hastings has the Attitude that I want in my club
with Hastings at 7 and Brooks at 6 you have pace that AD can't offer and you don't need AD at 6.
Agree 950k is expensive for Brooks if he negotiates next contract and prepared to go to 750k as a 6 then better spent than AD at 650k as a centre who has said he wants to play 6. If he doesn't play 6 I reckon another club maybe Dolphins might try and sign him

Back