Six Million Dollar Man

Halbrowne61

Now was it just me, or did other
forumers feel a little concerned about how much money, and hope, we have invested in Luai ?
He seems to be neither a setter up, or finisher, of plays, or is just that Penrith had a bad night.
Coz he won’t have anywhere near the level of cattle playing with him when he gets to us. Maybe a tad overpriced I think, which is what I’ve thought all along.
I hope he proves me wrong.

forumers feel a little concerned about how much money, and hope, we have invested in Luai ?
He seems to be neither a setter up, or finisher, of plays, or is just that Penrith had a bad night.
Coz he won’t have anywhere near the level of cattle playing with him when he gets to us. Maybe a tad overpriced I think, which is what I’ve thought all along.
It's probably you. But, then again, it could be us?

Luai has the skill…it’s Ivan’s gameplan and structure…also one of the reasons he’s leaving…he’s instructed to be parked out on the left while Cleary and yeo dig in and do the same garbage out the back play to each other or to the ever boring edwards…it really goes to show how poor the rest of the competition are if this is the team that has won for the past few years in a row

Luai has the skill…it’s Ivan’s gameplan and structure…also one of the reasons he’s leaving…he’s instructed to be parked out on the left while Cleary and yeo dig in and do the same garbage out the back play to each other or to the ever boring edwards…it really goes to show how poor the rest of the competition are if this is the team that has won for the past few years in a row
This is coming off as a salty dig at Ivan instead of the actual truth

He’s made his name playing in one of the all-time great sides. He’s a big part of that.

But don’t expect it to just happen if they don’t give him some more backline weapons to guide around at WT.

He reminded me a bit of Brooksy tonight, tried hard but didn’t execute well, had some poor kicks and passes in the red zone.

Maybe a tad boring, but successful, wouldn’t you say Jimmy ?
I’d be happy to see WT the same 🤣

Maybe a tad boring, but successful, wouldn’t you say Jimmy ?
I’d be happy to see WT the same 🤣
Penrith have had amazing success…I however do not believe they are as good as top teams from the past…it has more to do with how poor the nrl has been since a lot of its class players have retired (JT,cronk,slater,smith)…they do grind well and that’s why they win whereas other teams will have lapses. 2023 was not a Cleary masterclass but a broncos fail

From day 1 i have felt that he is more than a tad overpriced.
His performance tonight has no bearing on my thoughts on him. 1st game, limited preseason, a fill in backrower and a new centre beside him. He will improve upon tonight's showing.

I hope we don't have to put up with this all season long
It's all ready been said... Strange for me I found myself backing him a bit even tho I tipped storm and I hate penrith

My thoughts watching the game kept going to what will.be his reaction when he finallly gets to concord in November... I fear he will not fit in with our motley mob but then I think of a core of Api, Bula and hopefully a settled working halves combo by then (whoever they are) and he will fit in better
I wonder if he knows what he's in for?
I wonder if I'm over reacting

One things for sure I don't wanna see this within the first 5 mins like the saints trial that we haven't turned up

He was awful tonight. Didn't play like a 5/8 and didn't give enough ball to May who was penrith's best by a long way. He takes it easy far too often and if he doesn't change we'll have another Brooks situation, maybe even worse

He was awful tonight. Didn't play like a 5/8 and didn't give enough ball to May who was penrith's best by a long way. He takes it easy far too often and if he doesn't change we'll have another Brooks situation, maybe even worse
On the bright side, we can read your review on his performance each week. It's not all bad.

First game since the Grand Final, give him a few games yet before judging.
Agree M but I was trying to watch him in isolation and picture how he might fit in our set up( and will continue to do so).
It’s early days but I’m hoping to see him take control a bit more coz that’s what you pay the really big money for.
I hope he can develop that and prove Ivan wrong.

Members online

Back