Starford To’a #253

Yeah that really surprised me. Sign of a good footy player. There was a double pump draw and pass that he had to almost put Blore through a gap which was great. It looked super smooth, like something a seasoned half would pull off.

Also gives me confidence he'd be a good fill-in at fullback too if Bula were to go down mid-match.

We really need to work on getting him early ball on the edge though or at least in one-on-one situations. It's so rare he goes down after the first contact and it often takes 3 or 4 to stop him. The past two weeks the Raiders and Titans have loaded up defenders on the edge to stop him and he still on occasion almost busts through. Showed some toe burning the winger at one point too.

Nofoaluma coming way in field and not being on his wing until 4th tackle or when we're on their line is getting tiresome because it's taking To'a out of the game.

Yeah that really surprised me. Sign of a good footy player. There was a double pump draw and pass that he had to almost put Blore through a gap which was great. It looked super smooth, like something a seasoned half would pull off.

Also gives me confidence he'd be a good fill-in at fullback too if Bula were to go down mid-match.

We really need to work on getting him early ball on the edge though or at least in one-on-one situations. It's so rare he goes down after the first contact and it often takes 3 or 4 to stop him. The past two weeks the Raiders and Titans have loaded up defenders on the edge to stop him and he still on occasion almost busts through. Showed some toe burning the winger at one point too.

Nofoaluma coming way in field and not being on his wing until 4th tackle or when we're on their line is getting tiresome because it's taking To'a out of the game.

He is a weapon but we need plenty of options because as you state they load up on him. He is an asset to the team though. Does well everywhere.

Even if To'a did put in a good showing at 6, who are we using to fill the gap he leaves in the centres? He's our form centre, I wouldn't be moving him, especially if that facilitates Talau staying in the centres. Would prefer Laurie just be put there, our halves are shit anyway so no point in weakening the back five any further to make the halves marginally better.

But Sheens always had a hard on for playing centres at six so it wouldn't surprise me.

He’s being heavily marked now, it will be good to see if he can still rise to that next level and become a great centre. Also we need to ensure we get him clean ball to help him achieve it.

Even if To'a did put in a good showing at 6, who are we using to fill the gap he leaves in the centres? He's our form centre, I wouldn't be moving him, especially if that facilitates Talau staying in the centres. Would prefer Laurie just be put there, our halves are shit anyway so no point in weakening the back five any further to make the halves marginally better.

But Sheens always had a hard on for playing centres at six so it wouldn't surprise me.
I’d move Talau to right centre, I think that would be better for him and have Naden left centre.
I don’t think Laurie is going to crack a halves position, he is a backup now for Bula.
I’d throw Toa into 6 for an experiment, no Munster next week so would probably be up against Meaney.
I tell you, I saw something last night. Has Toa played any 6 in a previous life or has he got more of a footy brain than we’ve giving him credit.

Yeah I liked how T’oa stepped up in that role. In two minds, don’t want to take away from his value at Centre. Does anyone know if he can pass both directions? I think someone said last week Laurie only has a good L-R pass.

I’d move Talau to right centre, I think that would be better for him and have Naden left centre.
I don’t think Laurie is going to crack a halves position, he is a backup now for Bula.
I’d throw Toa into 6 for an experiment, no Munster next week so would probably be up against Meaney.
I tell you, I saw something last night. Has Toa played any 6 in a previous life or has he got more of a footy brain than we’ve giving him credit.
I'd move Talau to Manly now.

I'd rather see Laurie stink it up at 6 than see Talau get another game after last night. We've seen some shithouse performances over the last decade and his effort last night I reckon earns a podium spot.

This guy is s diamond in the rough we have found.
Dead set this guy could be anything if he continues this trend.

I don't want to jinx him, but he is reminding me of Munster (by no means he is as good) but if he could add a kicking game he just reminds me of him and very hard to tackle..

I hope we get halves asap and get him back to centre with some ball.

Members online

Back