Starford To’a #253

To’a is one of the best tackle busting centre/wingers in the game, he’s good under the high ball and has above average speed to make line breaks and score long range tries.
I do agree he needs to improve his defence, but he’s far from what I would call a bad defender.
He’s still young and approaching the prime of his career, great decision to re-sign him until the end of 2026.

Played good in 1 game last season …can’t say I’m a massive fan but the sad fact is that there are bigger issues in the outside backs to be addressed,,,,

Hope he was cheap at least

It's no surprise that he had his best game coinciding with Luke Brooks' best game. Halves were our problem, not outside backs.

Our outside backs are the worst in the competition…they concede 2-3 tries for each one they score …

To’a is one of the best tackle busting centre/wingers in the game, he’s good under the high ball and has above average speed to make line breaks and score long range tries.
I do agree he needs to improve his defence, but he’s far from what I would call a bad defender.
He’s still young and approaching the prime of his career, great decision to re-sign him until the end of 2026.
You have stated a lot there with pure confidence despite a tonne of evidence to the contrary.
He has been re-signed on potential alone. His performances should have seen him out on his arse.
We’ve shown faith, time for him to put his big boy pants on and have a bloody go next year.

You have stated a lot there with pure confidence despite a tonne of evidence to the contrary.
He has been re-signed on potential alone. His performances should have seen him out on his arse.
We’ve shown faith, time for him to put his big boy pants on and have a bloody go next year.
Have you seen any other centres towell up Valentine Holmes ?
To’a has the goods, wait and see.

Have you seen any other centres towell up Valentine Holmes ?
To’a has the goods, wait and see.
Yes. It does happen, Valentine is a natural winger.
That said Toa got him good, however he has to be able to do it every other week. He hasn’t gotten anywhere close to that performance again.

I’m ok with this , and I don’t think he would have broken the bank , now he needs to get fitter than this year , work on defence and hopefully with Sezer and co he has a solid year ,

Played good in 1 game last season …can’t say I’m a massive fan but the sad fact is that there are bigger issues in the outside backs to be addressed,,,,

Hope he was cheap at least

Our outside backs are the worst in the competition…they concede 2-3 tries for each one they score …
Sums it up eh.

Average player that looked great that one time.

I do think he has room to improve.
Hopefully he kicks on this next season.

Noticed he's in Bali with the Parra boys right now... wonder how long this deal has been done for.

Wonder if he has any mates he can name drop to the club to come along and join 😀🤣

Sums it up eh.

Average player that looked great that one time.

I do think he has room to improve.
Hopefully he kicks on this next season.

Noticed he's in Bali with the Parra boys right now... wonder how long this deal has been done for.

Wonder if he has any mates he can name drop to the club to come along and join 😀🤣
No offence to toa. But, I thought our mark would be higher than his skill set. We just need better than him, 2 good games last season then faded away. Need more moving on, resigning the like of naden, kepaoa and toa, I just don’t get it’s not like they’ve really earned it.

Bingo.

It was so sad to see the forward pack we recruited and our backs crumble in defense.

I don't think Toa is a first grader. Yet he is the best we have and we need someone to build off.

Bingo.

It was so sad to see the forward pack we recruited and our backs crumble in defense.

I don't think Toa is a first grader. Yet he is the best we have and we need someone to build off.
Do yourself a favour go through each NRL team line up and confirm how many centres you can put your hand on your heart and be certain will be a better NRL centre than the improving Starford To’a in 2024.
If you are being fair dinkum, I don’t think you will find too many.

Latest posts

Back