Taylorball

@foreveratiger said:
GT that's were hobbo losses his concentration and JT's defensive policy goes out the window :roll

Hobbo loses focus when he smells the BBQ's
:roll

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@hobbo2803 said:
@foreveratiger said:
GT that's were hobbo losses his concentration and JT's defensive policy goes out the window :roll

Hobbo loses focus when he smells the BBQ's
:roll

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

So true

Hobbo signed for 14 sausage sangas
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
an hour :laughing:

@stevetiger said:
@NT Tiger said:
I'd be interested to know; of the critics of "Taylorball" how many have FG coaching experience, how many have coaching experience at any level, how many have adult education teaching or mentoring experience?

That will inform me as to how much value to place on your comments.

First grade coach for 35 years. Prior to that I was a coach in the Dapto under 1's through to the under 15's.

I think my coaching record stands out as a beacon on this forum.

Probably as many , as the ones who support Taylor as the new messiah, I'd say.
You don't have to Coach Australia to know dumb football when it's played.or when excuses are being used, because it's not working

@goldcoast tiger said:
@stevetiger said:
@NT Tiger said:
I'd be interested to know; of the critics of "Taylorball" how many have FG coaching experience, how many have coaching experience at any level, how many have adult education teaching or mentoring experience?

First grade coach for 35 years. Prior to that I was a coach in the Dapto under 1's through to the under 15's.

You don't have to Coach Australia to know dumb football when it's played.or when excuses are being used, because it's not working

And your credentials coaching an NRL side with youth and inexperience are ???

@TrueTiger said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@stevetiger said:
@NT Tiger said:

And your credentials coaching an NRL side with youth and inexperience are ???

o

My point TT, was that there would be very few here with the "credentials " to coach a first grade team in the NRL, No matter which side of theTaylorball argument they are on.
It is still fairly easy to recognise Crud football when it's being played.
Just get a video of the Cows game and the Penrith game for starters.
And no I'm not a first grade coach, but have been coaching Over 30 yearsand played for about15 years before that, and did manage to learn a few things, despite all the head whacks.

Completely understand what your saying GC,you have obviously devoted a lot of time and energy into a sport that you love…
What Iam saying is that the younger guys had to learn to play a defensive structure to be competitive in the NRL...some have taken longer to adapt to this structure,to learn the way to defend a lead and keep the opposition out and not score points etc..
I totally agree that our team has an ubundance of attacking flair,JT harnessed that until they understood his D structure..This has taken longer than expected,but now they have some understanding he has implemented their attacking skills within that structure..
The Raiders game was a good result,but honestly for the great attacking game the team displayed,they also were a little loose in defense at times.....
This is what I was saying...get the D right and the attack will come..

Serious question….

How long are we going to keep referring to the cowboys game. Is it going to be mentioned every time we lose for the next 8 years?

It was bad, by and large the middle of the season was bad. So were these years
2007 I seem to remember was ok in the middle and fell apart at the end
2014 like 2007

Taylorball is not the problem
The Cowboys game is not the problem
This group of players is not the problem

I'm happy the club is rebuilding at board, coaching and player level.
People say we have rebuilt before, false, we have never had a thorough overall of all areas.

@old man tiger said:
Serious question….

How long are we going to keep referring to the cowboys game. Is it going to be mentioned every time we lose for the next 8 years?

2014 like 2007

People say we have rebuilt before, false, we have never had a thorough overall of all areas.

Well, it's all good then, isn't it

@old man tiger said:
Serious question….

2014 like 2007

I seriously doubt those few weeks that started only three months or so ago have anything much to do with the previous decade and more. I am certainly glad that Taylorball is not with us anymore.

Taylorball was like learning to dog paddle between you learn how to swim.

@goldcoast tiger said:
@old man tiger said:
Serious question….

2014 like 2007

Well, it's all good then, isn't it

My point is the opposite, it is no better or worse than most years we've had. That's a fact looking at the ladder.

The bit that isn't fact, only my opinion, is that we are changing direction for the better. None of us will know who's right for at least 12 months.

@formerguest said:
@old man tiger said:
Serious question….

2014 like 2007

I seriously doubt those few weeks that started only three months or so ago have anything much to do with the previous decade and more. I am certainly glad that Taylorball is not with us anymore.

You're welcome to your opinion. In nearly every year we have been in contention for the 8 at some time and then fade. Just like this year. I was furious earlier this year, more than I have been ever before. But when I really thought about the pattern of our club's history I saw a clear link.

Quote I found from Taylors wiki page regarding the reasons for his fallout with Warren Ryan in 1992

"One reason, however, was I thought our style of play was too restrictive, too structured and by the end of the year, very predictable. I wasn't the only player to think that way"

Pot meet kettle, WOW, just wow.

Back