THE AMBUSH - Show Your Stripes..

@mike said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1323252) said:
@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1323250) said:
@tiger_steve said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1323243) said:
@tiger_one said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1323164) said:
@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1323136) said:
@tiger_one said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1320244) said:
@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1320215) said:
![Round 3 Final Information[1212].png](/assets/uploads/files/1616396613460-round-3-final-information-1212-resized.png)

As @geo has mentioned Billy Walters will be our special guest on the day. I will actually be interviewing him so if anyone has any questions they would like to have asked put them in this thread and I will add some forum questions to the interview.

Anyone who is interested in meeting some people who share your passion for this club, please come along and join us for our first event.

Is there any way this interview etc can be uploaded here on the forum for those who cannot be at the function?

We will be filming parts of the event and taking pictures, so I will see if there is a way we can post the video to share.

Thanks champion @cochise .
And asking for everything, can we get names to faces so we can see who are there from the forum?

I’ll be there. Looking forward to meeting ithers

How will I know which person you are? Can you wear a Wests Tigers Jersey so you stand out?

lol Everyone will be wearing a Wests Tigers Jersey on game day..

How about a pink carnation then?

@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324627) said:
@maryst said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324620) said:
@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324596) said:
@maryst said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324184) said:
@mike said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1323868) said:
![28B95320-94FB-4371-8163-8FE34AC3F734.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1616964149496-28b95320-94fb-4371-8163-8fe34ac3f734.jpeg)

Whatd you guys chat about?

Any insights into return from injury for either of them?

It was the 1st questioned asked, I am not 100% on what the answers were, I'm a poor listener lol. I think Blore said he was expecting to be back in Round 10, still in the training and Walters said he has just started full training with the squad.

If I got that wrong others in attendance might be able to correct me.

thanks mate, looked like an awesome event, will look to get to one of the future ones

rd10 for blore tho damn!!

I don't actually remember him saying that, I was told after the chat was over by someone else. Can someone else who was in attendance confirm that? @Tiger_Steve

Yep he said rd10

@kiama-tiger said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1323924) said:
I was in Sydney for another function and just made it to West’s Ashfield 20 minutes before the game. I sat quietly in the background observing and I must say I was very impressed with the event and the organisers. If you get the chance do yourself a favour and go to one of these events.

No need to be shy next time, as although he looks imposing, apparently @cochise leaves his chain mail and axe hammer at home when attending events, only bringing kindness.

On a serious note, great to see the event was a success and I note that @helmesy and the WT Podcast guys being involved with the promotion on their website. Also, as circumstances have my son and I basically joined at the hip, was it in a family friendly location/section and/or similarly so for others planned please?

Hope it was as fun there as it was up at a sunny Newcastle for others with a good win in the end. With tickets and parking booked, looking forward to heading down to the reinstated Easter Monday combo this round against the slimes.

@tiger_steve said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324647) said:
@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324627) said:
@maryst said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324620) said:
@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324596) said:
@maryst said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324184) said:
@mike said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1323868) said:
![28B95320-94FB-4371-8163-8FE34AC3F734.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1616964149496-28b95320-94fb-4371-8163-8fe34ac3f734.jpeg)

Whatd you guys chat about?

Any insights into return from injury for either of them?

It was the 1st questioned asked, I am not 100% on what the answers were, I'm a poor listener lol. I think Blore said he was expecting to be back in Round 10, still in the training and Walters said he has just started full training with the squad.

If I got that wrong others in attendance might be able to correct me.

thanks mate, looked like an awesome event, will look to get to one of the future ones

rd10 for blore tho damn!!

I don't actually remember him saying that, I was told after the chat was over by someone else. Can someone else who was in attendance confirm that? @Tiger_Steve

Yep he said rd10

He mentioned that the extended recovery was due to some minor back surgery he has had, which they thought was worth doing now while he is out, so when he comes back he's 100% good to go.

@formerguest said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324799) said:
I was in Sydney for another function and just made it to West’s Ashfield 20 minutes before the game. I sat quietly in the background observing and I must say I was very impressed with the event and the organisers. If you get the chance do yourself a favour and go to one of these events.

No need to be shy next time, as although he looks imposing, apparently @cochise leaves his chain mail and axe hammer at home when attending events, only bringing kindness.

On a serious note, great to see the event was a success and I note that @helmesy and the WT Podcast guys being involved with the promotion on their website. Also, as circumstances have my son and I basically joined at the hip, was it in a family friendly location/section and/or similarly so for others planned please?

Hope it was as fun there as it was up at a sunny Newcastle for others with a good win in the end. With tickets and parking booked, looking forward to heading down to the reinstated Easter Monday combo this round against the slimes.

Yip the location was family friendly and there were a few folks who brought kids with them.

It was a great event and a fantastic idea for bringing fans together. Looking forward to the next one.

Good idea - terrible name. The Ambush - show your stripes? Seriously? sounds like marketing done by a 10 year old.

@balmain-boy said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324843) said:
Good idea - terrible name. The Ambush - show your stripes? Seriously? sounds like marketing done by a 10 year old.

Ambush is actually a collective noun for a group of Tigers. But I’m sure you already knew that

What would your suggestion be...?

@celtic_tiger said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324807) said:

Yip the location was family friendly and there were a few folks who brought kids with them.

It was a great event and a fantastic idea for bringing fans together. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for that.

In relation to your previous post, a little worrying to hear about back surgery as well for Blore, even if only minor.

Seen this fella in a lot of the pics
looks like running the gig..
anyone we know?

Really hope to get to one of these soon... Hopefully maybe a staurday game in future?

![Screenshot_20210330-123531_Facebook.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1617068171601-screenshot_20210330-123531_facebook.jpg)

@innsaneink said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324875) said:
anyone we know?

Really hope to get to one of these soon... Hopefully maybe a staurday game in future?

![Screenshot_20210330-123531_Facebook.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1617068171601-screenshot_20210330-123531_facebook.jpg)

that's @Tiger_Steve

@formerguest said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324867) said:
@celtic_tiger said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324807) said:

Thanks for that.

In relation to your previous post, a little worrying to hear about back surgery as well for Blore, even if only minor.

The impression I got was it was so minor that it won't cause any issue and it was just a timing issue to get it done.

As an aside Blore seems like a guy with all the confidence you need to make it to the top of the game. I can't wait to see him fit and firing.

The Ambush is the name, as @Tiger_Steve said it is a collective noun for a group of Tigers which Sundays event was. Show Your Stripes is the clubs tagline for season 2021

@celtic_tiger said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324903) said:

Thanks for that.

The impression I got was it was so minor that it won't cause any issue and it was just a timing issue to get it done.

As an aside Blore seems like a guy with all the confidence you need to make it to the top of the game. I can't wait to see him fit and firing.

He was so impressive, funny, intelligent and confident.

@tiger_steve said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324844) said:

Ambush is actually a collective noun for a group of Tigers. But I’m sure you already knew that

BOOM!!

We would have called it "Balmain Boy's Wowser Total Ace Tigers Club For Cool Folks" but we thought that was already taken.

Show Your Stripes is a club initiative unrelated to what The Ambush is doing.

@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324907) said:
@celtic_tiger said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324903) said:

Thanks for that.

Yeah he seemed a mature guy for 21. I'm twice his age and I often anticipate young blokes to be a bit of a challenge to talk to, but Blore was engaging. He also said he was really happy to be present, because he said he wanted to show how much the players appreciate the support of members and fans.

@jirskyr said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324941) said:
@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324907) said:

Thanks for that.

Yeah he seemed a mature guy for 21. I'm twice his age and I often anticipate young blokes to be a bit of a challenge to talk to, but Blore was engaging. He also said he was really happy to be present, because he said he wanted to show how much the players appreciate the support of members and fans.

My favourite part of the interview was when I asked him if he won his battle with Brown, a big smile came across his face and he replied "hell yeah!"

Thank you for all the positive feedback regarding the first event that The Ambush held on Sunday. I would like to make sure that thanks and credit is given to everyone that was involved in planning the event as there were a lot of people from here involved in getting this off the ground who weren't as visible on the day as @Tiger_Steve and I.

@geo @jirskyr and his father Jim (who I don't think is a forum member) @Celticguy97 and @kellyhollis0 were all heavily involved in making this work and will be more visible at future events. @helmesy and @Eddie were also involved and assisted with promoting the day through the Podcast. It really was a team effort.

@geo said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324876) said:
@innsaneink said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1324875) said:
anyone we know?

that's @Tiger_Steve

He looks like a coach in that pic laying into his team!

Latest posts

Members online

Back