Tim Simona facing three week ban!

Watch a strange system. You go there believing that your tackle is not as bad as it as classed/graded and you leave with a longer suspension than you started with.
 
That'll do me, if this is not evidence enough that this game is god damn rigged towards some teams and ridiculously stacked towards other teams I dont know what would ever change your mind, you wouldnt even change your mind if in the middle of a game Cameron Smith pulls out a wad of a hundred dollar notes on the field and gives it the refs.

So far beyond pea'd off that this thing consistently happens against my team. Nothing ever comes from it except we just roll with the punches week in week out. Time for me to read that article again Bulldog Ritchie wrote about how The poor Roosters deserve a a hand out from the NRL.
 
@Love the WestsTigers said:
Yeah sure mate
https://www.nrl.com/simona-to-miss-three-matches/tabid/10874/newsid/94592/default.aspx

Judiciary counsel Peter McGrath successfully argued that Simona had held his grip and used his body weight to force Bird's neck into his chest that resulted in an unacceptable risk of injury.

Peter McGrath can go

Mr Ghabar put forward that the weight of fellow tacklers Tim Grant and Kyle Lovett added to the pressure applied to Bird, and that as a result, Simona couldn't release his grip.

The same way any Rugby league fan, even those who only take a passing interest, would have viewed it.

Common sense has not prevailed tonight.
 
What an absolute disgrace, and I bet not another word is said by anyone but the supporters. Filthy - and now if Taylor puts Milone in the centres well that will just about send me over! Livered.
 
Running through Taylors head now - We need to move Lovett to the centres and put Cherrington in as second row
 
Watch the swearing please..

Good chance for another player to step up…..
 
Well that sucks…So who comes in now? If it's Milone I think I'll probably cry.
 
All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others! Any idiot could see Bird twists in the tackle and Simona is in the process of taking him to ground. Yes pressure but in no way you can argue that he could have protected him! Garbage from a garbage system.
 
@willow said:
Well that sucks…So who comes in now? If it's Milone I think I'll probably cry.

Wests Tigers have not named a replacement for Simona in this week’s team to face the Knights after the 24-year-old was originally named in the centres. The Club will finalise their team for the game at 3:00pm on Sunday, April 10 — one hour before kickoff.

I'm guessing this is a GOOD thing otherwise our headaches might turn into migraines if we found out too early of Taylors plans of playing Lovechild there or Milone
 
Be interesting to see who comes in

I think Chee-Kam but could be Helata, Peni, Milone, even Ado-Carr with Rankin into the centres
 
<big>Different charge & four years ago but it's a shame Tim Simona didn't have the same judiciary as Roosters Living Legend Anthony Minichiello…..</big>
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-22/minichiello-lett-off-striking-charge/4216240

**<big>Minichiello let off striking charge</big>**
22 Aug 2012, 8:38pm
_Anthony Minichiello will be free to make his 250th appearance for the Sydney Roosters on Sunday after being cleared of a grade three striking charge at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday.\
\
The former New South Wales and Australia full-back was **sent off** last Saturday against Canberra after catching Raiders custodian Josh Dugan with a forearm to the face in the 75th minute of the match.\
\
Minichiello, who had never been suspended or appeared in front of the judiciary panel in his 13-year career, was facing a three-match ban, which would have ended his season, had be been found guilty.\
\
However, had the 32-year-old been charged with dangerous contact or a careless high tackle offence, then he would almost certainly been suspended.\
\
His counsel James McLeod successfully argued that his client's actions were not strong enough to warrant a striking offence, where deliberate intent has to be proven.\
\
The panel made up of Michael Buettner, Don McKinnon and Mal Cochrane, took half-an-hour to make their decision after Minichiello had argued that his cleanskin record should work in his favour.\
\
"I have played the game a long time and never been sent off, " Minichiello told the hearing.\
\
"I am a fair player and truly believe it wasn't reckless, it was careless on my behalf.\
\
"I tried to make a wrapping tackle on Dugan, I was braced for a collision as he left arm was up for a fend."\
\
Peter Kite, for the NRL, said because Minichiello jumped up to tackle Dugan and caught him around the head, it showed it was premeditated.\
\
"We come to the view that in the sequences shown on the screen, that he knew what he was going to do," Kite said.\
\
Minichiello will now be free to make his milestone appearance for the Roosters against Wests Tigers on Sunday.\
\
"It's a fantastic outcome for myself and the club, it was a fair hearing and the system gives you a chance to come down and plead your case and we did that tonight," he said._

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**_Couldn't help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
Where justice is a game._**
Bob Dylan
 
No point crying over spilled milk, just got to hope Taylor has some brains and avoids Milone. Hopefully he gives Chee Kam a shot, or move Noffa into the centres and put JAC on the wing.
 
Wasn't Mark O'Neill on the judiciary before coming back to the club. If Milone gets picked they can all talk about their SG Ball glory days while getting beaten.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top