Tim Simona facing three week ban!

@foreveratiger said:
@Russta said:
@Fade To Black said:
Lovett to centre, Lawrence to 5/8, Farah to halfback. Its a no-brainer, we have had so much success with these positional switches in the past! Nothing would surprise anymore sadly….....

Come on FTB, I'm pretty sure Buchanan should play centre. :roll

Hey Russell…...expect the unexpected and don't be surprised with anything :brick:.

Say hello to Dale for me mate.

Hey Will, I'd only be surprised if Taylor didn't pick Buchanan. :laughing:
Dale says Hi and is looking forward to our next game :smiley:
 
@Harvey said:
@tig_prmz said:
@Harvey said:
If we go to Lovett/Lawrence/Milone then Taylor should be shown the door.

who's the other option just wondering? watson heleta?

Heleta, Peni, MCK or Rankin to centre and new winger required

one's playing fullback, the other is playing 2nd row and the third is a half/fullback thrown in to be a winger.

milone at least has some experience at centre in first grade.

JT won't win no matter who he goes with. i just hope whoever comes in (if simona is actually suspended) does a good job.
 
Typical of WT…everyone else gets off/downgraded except our players....3 weeks for such an innocuous tackle....the Oils got it right with their song...."the rich get richer...the poor get the picture"....
 
The judiciary is the biggest blight on the game.
The inconsistency is ridiculous.

Simona gets 3 weeks for a tackle that happens in every game and is barely penalised.

David Klemmer punches someone in the head and doesn't even get charged…
 
Wow.
Just…wow.
What a rort...this comp is so rigged and out of touch with reality....its just so laughable the inconsistency surrounding the entire game
Unbelievable
 
It's to be expected. We are only the Wests Tigers.
This is the result of the judiciary stuffing up on the Tapau call and all the flack they copped because of it.
 
Next week someone will contest the same charge and will walk out the door with the green light to play. Unfortunate for Simona that he doesn't play for some of the other NRL clubs because he would be available to play this week.

Last year in a Tigers jersey Taupau got three weeks for a late head shot on James Maloney. Does a similar thing in a Manly jersey and gets one week.
 
SOO Reps get away with much worse when its SOO time
What a disgrace

I'm getting off the net before i type some real nuisance
Will be back once i have cooled down
 
The MRC had a terrible ratio going into this over charged players actually being suspended (for this season). Not surprised it's a Tiger who ends that streak.
 
Yeah sure mate
https://www.nrl.com/simona-to-miss-three-matches/tabid/10874/newsid/94592/default.aspx

Judiciary counsel Peter McGrath successfully argued that Simona had held his grip and used his body weight to force Bird's neck into his chest that resulted in an unacceptable risk of injury.

Using five separate camera angles, as well as comparable Grade 1 and Grade 2 offences from the past two seasons, Mr McGrath demonstrated that Simona had put Bird in a 'position of particular vulnerability' and that the onus was on the Tigers' player to protect him.

Defence counsel Nick Ghabar accepted there had been a low level of carelessness in the tackle, but argued there had been mitigating circumstances that Simona couldn't avoid.

Mr Ghabar put forward that the weight of fellow tacklers Tim Grant and Kyle Lovett added to the pressure applied to Bird, and that as a result, Simona couldn't release his grip. The defence team also suggested that unlike the comparable Grade 1 offences, Simona's pressure wasn't square on the neck and didn't result in any apparent injury to Bird.

The Tigers centre offered a brief statement following the hour-long hearing, saying he was upset but had to accept the three man panel's ruling.

"Obviously it was a disappointing result, but it was a fair hearing and I'll be out there on Sunday to support the boys."
 
Back
Top