Tommy Talau #225

I think if injury free for the next 24 months he will be killing it in the back row big strong fast for a back rower and has ball playing abilities what's not to like and tacking is more to do with additude are you will to do the work the Technic he can learn from David Furner hit the weights he is young will add mass fast do the work he will be very good

And if he is still not up to the Tigers high standards Melbourne want him and will make he very good

I think if injury free for the next 24 months he will be killing it in the back row big strong fast for a back rower and has ball playing abilities what's not to like and tacking is more to do with additude are you will to do the work the Technic he can learn from David Furner hit the weights he is young will add mass fast do the work he will be very good

Super pleased with his retention

Super pleased with his retention
I am to he got injured on the field playing for the Tigers he needs a chance and played origin maybe a Glenn Stewart type playing a little late at the line like a second 5/8 he has a step can break a tackle and beat a man one on one and if not someone has to play reserve grade

Agree. good replacement for Garner.

Garnz will be hard to replace.
I like the cut of your jib though mate
I am to he got injured on the field playing for the Tigers he needs a chance and played origin maybe a Glenn Stewart type playing a little late at the line like a second 5/8 he has a step can break a tackle and beat a man one on one and if not someone has to play reserve grade

Yes Sir, can ball distribute
And run the ball as you
Mentioned. Very pleased
He signed back up 👏

Theres a lot more to that position than just saying he would be good there. I asked earlier if anyone knew if he's played in the forwards..... can he tackle big boppers set after set? Can he offload? Can he get quick play the balls with a 2 big boppers on top of him etc etc.
I agree that he has talent but he's going to be a benchy forward for sure if not a back.
His strike record scoring tries as a centre is not bad, about 1 in 1.5 games I think?? I'm unsure where I've seen that stat.
I'd prefer him to get some speed and play out wide.

Theres a lot more to that position than just saying he would be good there. I asked earlier if anyone knew if he's played in the forwards..... can he tackle big boppers set after set? Can he offload? Can he get quick play the balls with a 2 big boppers on top of him etc etc.
I agree that he has talent but he's going to be a benchy forward for sure if not a back.
His strike record scoring tries as a centre is not bad, about 1 in 1.5 games I think?? I'm unsure where I've seen that stat.
I’d be happy if he moves past lazily flopping into tackles and busting team mates legs…

Mate he has Samoan blood Samoans can do anything on a footy field he will be fine he will fill out now he is young just changing his weights program in the gym will do wonders for him

I don't think he has played in the forwards in the lower grades.

More like a Matterson/Shuster Type. Came through playing 5/8

Mate he has Samoan blood Samoans can do anything on a footy field he will be fine he will fill out now he is young just changing his weights program in the gym will do wonders for him
Except compete against England in the world cup

Well he certainly has good blood stock.
His dad, Willie Talau was a bloody good footballer.
It was said.........
Willie Talau, a man who knows what it takes to carve out a career in the NRL, reckons "the sky is the limit" for his teenage son.

Staff online

Back