LIVE GAME Trial 2 vs. Dragons

Live Game Discussion
Hear me out fellas, only a trial. I'd feel the same
way if we mopped them by 50. Benji gave every1
a really good hit out. I'll have to watch the tape back
but he had some guys playing multiple positions
at different times & completely cut & paste the
make-up of the team hence the lack of cohesion.
We'll be ready in 3 weeks. Not worried bout nothing
It means nothing at the end of the day, youre right. It was just a real shame to see the same specific problems from last year repeated. It was honestly like watching a replay. I think Benji cut and paste things out of necessity, the performance was that poor.

I think peoples negative reactions to that performance are justifiable. Onto the season, Hope they prove us all wrong.

Why do we attack with no depth?? So flat and clueless nothings improved at the end of every season I think we are rock bottom and it can’t get worse then the club just comes out time and time again and just goes lower it’s actually impressive. Unfortunately I see us doing the panthers 3peat but for the spoon

Reactions: BZN
It’s very clear attack wise our structure is terrible.
We need to sort that out to let Bula have the energy to play attack.

Bula can’t do everything defending like he does and then break games open with attack multiple times a game.
Richo is right and we, on here, have been saying it for years....

Our outside backs are ordinary and need upgrading... hopefully this is done over the next year. Ready for our 2025 season.

As disheartening as that is to say, 2024 could be another dark year.

Thoughts on Bula?

Running down Sloane was good and the step to score, outstanding.

Like him to be more involved from start to finish. Kid has a big future but still room for improvement.
Bula needs space and needs to follow up in the middle. Attacking work rate needs improvement.

Looked gassed after chasing down Sloane. The whole team looked unfit. Maybe that's why?

It means nothing at the end of the day, youre right. It was just a real shame to see the same specific problems from last year repeated. It was honestly like watching a replay. I think Benji cut and paste things out of necessity, the performance was that poor.

I think peoples negative reactions to that performance are justifiable. Onto the season, Hope they prove us all wrong.

I'll pay that, definately fair. They won't be happy

Our attacking problem is API is the dominant spine player and our halves are too intimidated to over call him.

When he had Cleary he could improvise like 15% of the time.

With us because none of the halves are more dominant then him, he’s leading our attack and he’s improvising like 65% of the time.

We have no direction, shape or structure bc no one knows what api is doing.

We looked better when Simpkin shoveled the ball.

And galvin better than the others bc he calls for the ball and straightens the attack
maybe. Some other issues also;
our forwards seem unable to win a collision to give our halves time.
we dont have a 13/link man that can hold up the middle defence.
our halves arent a running threat themselves
nor does the team have any shape to create space for the outside men.
our fullback has no passing game. So despite being an elite ball runner, opposition defence can converge on him.
our outside backs dont seem capable of physically overpowering their opposite numbers when working with limited space.

but the attack might be better than the defence

Same as last season we have no shape in attack. Just one out running with no players in support to even make the defence think. Hence we ask no questions and get manhandled which makes it difficult to get any momentum in A. The opposition have time to reset and move up to meet us.
The good teams come at you in waves on both sides of the ruck with a lot of movement off the ball. We are running settlers for 5 tackles before we kick it. The kicks aren’t high enough either.
Another thing I noticed as well is our passing is often poor- behind the runner a lot, not out in front bring him onto the ball with momentum.

I think peoples negative reactions to that performance are justifiable. Onto the season, H

I actually thought that performance was worse than most of their efforts last season …their defence was much tougher last year ..particularly at the start of the season

The only positive from that game is that Galvin is the real deal. I thought our attack and spine would take time to gel, but I also expected Benji and co to push hard on instilling defensive structures.

I guess that's not the case.
West Tigers Soft As Butter.jpg

Why do we attack with no depth?? So flat and clueless nothings improved at the end of every season I think we are rock bottom and it can’t get worse then the club just comes out time and time again and just goes lower it’s actually impressive. Unfortunately I see us doing the panthers 3peat but for the spoon
Playing flat is ok if you're winning the ruck with quick play the balls. If it's as slow as we were today, you need depth. Galvin showed that when he setup Bula.

Reactions: BZN

Members online

Back