Troubled Tigers - my first post

• Thread starter _lt_TigerBrad_gt
  • Start date
We are a busted team people unless you have some miracle potion to rub over the injuries. No team wins games when the majority of players havent played together. The dogs have 11 of 17 players play every game this year. We've had 3.

How do you develop combinations and understanding when the team chops and changes due to injuries?

We finish Top 4 in 2010 and 2011 and genuine premiership contenders if not for some needed luc. We get crucified with injuries this year and all of a sudden the same players and coach are useless, overrated, dumb, etc etc.

Take a pill and have a lie down.

@dimitri said:
We are a busted team people unless you have some miracle potion to rub over the injuries. No team wins games when the majority of players havent played together. The dogs have 11 of 17 players play every game this year. We've had 3.

How do you develop combinations and understanding when the team chops and changes due to injuries?

We finish Top 4 in 2010 and 2011 and genuine premiership contenders if not for some needed luc. We get crucified with injuries this year and all of a sudden the same players and coach are useless, overrated, dumb, etc etc.

Again, more excuses. It's always injuries when we don't make the 8\. This team has played like crap all year, injuries or not.

We had PLENTY of injuries last season, the difference was we had a bit of depth and we had a settled halves combination.

Of course you need luck, you also need to manage your squad through injuries and we have not done that this year.

You ask how do you develop combinations and understanding when the team chops and changes? Ask Sheens.

I would guess one way would be to make as minimal changes as possible. I.e not move players from their preferred position to cover for an injury, weaking another position in the process.

It was Sheens' choice to move Farah to half last week, that was not forced upon him by injury.
It was Sheens' choice to move Fulton to five-eighth this week, that was not forced upon him by injury.
It was Sheens' choice to move Lawrence and Ayshford to the halves, that was not forced upon him by injury.

In any case of injury, Sheens has had the option to pick a direct replacement, but he has chosen not to.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@dimitri said:

Again, more excuses. It's always injuries when we don't make the 8\. This team has played like crap all year, injuries or not.

We had PLENTY of injuries last season, the difference was we had a bit of depth and we had a settled halves combination.

Of course you need luck, you also need to manage your squad through injuries and we have not done that this year.

You ask how do you develop combinations and understanding when the team chops and changes? Ask Sheens.

I would guess one way would be to make as minimal changes as possible. I.e not move players from their preferred position to cover for an injury, weaking another position in the process.

It was Sheens' choice to move Farah to half last week, that was not forced upon him by injury.
It was Sheens' choice to move Fulton to five-eighth this week, that was not forced upon him by injury.
It was Sheens' choice to move Lawrence and Ayshford to the halves, that was not forced upon him by injury.

In any case of injury, Sheens has had the option to pick a direct replacement, but he has chosen not to.

Well said hybrid, when you lose a player , if it be a fullback / 5/8 /centre or a hooker etc… Replace them with a friggin player who normally plays in that position . I would rather finish out of the 8 using reserve grade or NYC players to fill the gaps than do a sheens and pick positions out of a hat ! At least then we have had a real go and we can't complain as much ! Until sheens steps back nothing will change . Robbie & benji should be in their career best form but thanks to super coach they are being wasted ......SHEENIUS.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@hybrid_tiger said:
@dimitri said:

Agree Hybrid. At the end of the day every team has to deal with injuries. Some deal with them better than others. Unfortunately the Tigers do not deal with them well at all, but if we fail to make the semis, and it's blamed on injuries, well that's a cop out I'm afraid.

Every player and member of coaching and performance staff must be accountable for their own performance.

The moving of players into positions they are not necessarily suited to all comes about because we now have a "squad".
Normally we replace an injured player with someone from the 'squad' - even if it's not a position they're accustomed to.
Back in the dim , dark , past when you had three grades your best thirteen played in firsts followed by the next best thirteen in reserves and then your next in thirds.
It was unusual for a hooker not to replace a hooker etc.
This even caused some guys getting picked for Australia from reserve grade because they were second best player in their club in a position but still better than all the guys from other clubs.
Nowadays players from the top squad have to transform themselves into a different position.
Obviously in our case this hasn't worked very well.

To sack the coach, staff and players before the season is finished is like "throwing the baby out with the bathwater".

We lost a game. We play again on Monday. We can still make the 8.

If you dont like the team or the coach, go follow another team.

I for one will be there screaming in support of the boys.

Maybe you should funnel your energy in a positive way as well.

The team could use it.

@dimitri said:
To sack the coach, staff and players before the season is finished is like "throwing the baby out with the bathwater".

The team could use it.

We are not saying sack the players , just the coach ! Most of us have had enough of sheens ! We want what everyone wants and that is for the tigers to start winning games and to be more competitive and consistent , we are stale thanks to sheens IMO
\
\

@dimitri said:

The team could use it.

What a load of garbage

@dimitri said:

The team could use it.

I don't want the coach sacked now, at the end of the season will do. "Judge us at end of the year" we've been told. Well, judgement day is near and it doesn't look pretty, does it?

Be interested to hear your view if we don't make the 8, but I can predict it already, you'll blame the terrible season on injuries. No responsibility on the coach, of course.

As for following another team, please don't use that simpleton arguement, I know you're better than that and capable of rational discussion. I'll be there on Monday, I'm there almost every week. Just because I criticise doesn't make me any less of a supporter.

@dimitri said:
To **sack the coach, staff and players** before the season is finished is like "throwing the baby out with the bathwater".

The team could use it.

The team could use many many more supporters wanting answers, wanting success….not being happy with average
But yes....**exaggeration** is one way to get your ''point'' across

well I must be the fly in the ointment. I'm not a Sheens lover but at this time I feel for the guy. The biggest mistake he made was moving Moltzen back to fullback when Tedesco(?) got injured but I understand his thought process. Do we all put up with mediocrity? No. We have our say on this forum and some try the official channels. I also don't agree with the comment that other teams deal well with injuries. Hey take a look at the boncos and Melbourne are now paying the price with injuries to one of their big 3 (3 players that take up the majority of their cap).

Moving Moltzen when he had trained all off season as halfback has come back to bite us.

The biggest reality this year is our disgraceful defense - the worst in the league, and I believe Sheens has delegated this to his side-kicks every year. Simmons, Folkes, Georgalis et al. The best we did was under Folkes I think.

nuff said

@dimitri said:

The team could use it.

How many more times can we lose before we can't make the eight anymore? Given our roster and the available depth in the State Cup we shouldn't be languishing in 10th spot.

And how dare you insinuate that just because certain people feel the coach and/or team isn't performing that they should look elsewhere. We're not members of an online forum discussing this club day in day out because we're some fly-by-nighter fair-weather fans. We're members because we care and we hate to see the club not perform to the best of it's ability.

I can't make it on Monday, but I will be most definitely hoping for a win and cheering the boys on as best I can, as I can imagine 99.99% of our fellow members on this forum would be.

It gets boring all this winging 'just sack the coach' and 'any coach will do'. Did we learn anything from Parra and NSW Labor :crazy
IMHO, crying 'sack Sheens' without offering a reasonable discussion who should replace him and why is just childish game :frowning:

Go Tigers

You may want to suck the coach , we want to sack the coach
\
\

@InBenjiWeTrust said:
It gets boring all this winging 'just suck the coach' and 'any coach will do'. Did we learn anything from Parra and NSW Labor :crazy
IMHO, crying 'sack Sheens' without offering a reasonable discussion who should replace him and why is just childish game :frowning:

Go Tigers

Maybe the worst typo in history

@dimitri said:

Dimitri I 100% agree mate.

They have all the answers to the problems…if they are that obvious i think a guy that's coached over 600 games would work it out.

After losses this always happens.

Id love to see if anyone on here could actually play the game...i would like to organise a game with people on this forum.Cmon guys lets get it going i will be there with bells on....simon the tiger will join in

Bundy boy that is below the belt...

i have no problem with the ineffective scrum plays.
They make me feel like we are giving back to the game by creating a purpose for the scrum.

On a more serious note, I want our team to play a bit better.

I have interrupted German 1 v Germany 2 in the Women's Beach Volleyball to pitch in here, so needless to say, its a very serious issue.

I have great respect for Tim Sheens, it upsets me that some would resort to personal attacks to convey their concern. That being said, it is very clear that all is not well in the camp and that all of the stakeholders, including the fans, deserve to see changes, not just in the sensible selection of players in their best positions, but in the roster of contracted players, our style, in particular the need to play to our strengths and the significant improvement required in our defensive shape. I think these issues are self evident.

I take my hat to Tim Sheens, he came into this Club on a hiding to nothing, following on the heels of the despicable Terry Lamb and the ineffective Wayne Pearce. While it may be time for a change, nobody can contend that this man did not bring a professionalism and presence to this Club,that might otherwise have seen us spinning around in never ending circles. 10 years is a really good run.

There are worst coaches out there.
Another problem that we as one eyed supporters don't often realize is the fact our players just aren't as good as we think they are.
Farah is a great hooker but there is a reason he is our only origin star.
Marshall is a great 6 but is a loooong way off Lockyer or thurston.
The rest of the team is pretty mid field if you look at them subjectively.
\
\

I found it interesting that last night on the game plan Steve Noyce from the Roosters said they were having a Fan Q&A day where fans can turn up in a open forum and ask questions directly to the coaching staff.

Wonder if Humphries & Sheens would have the balls to do the same with the Tigers.

There just doesn't seem to be any accountability in the organisation (team, coach,memberships, merchandise etc)

Latest posts

Back