Troubled Tigers - my first post

• Thread starter _lt_TigerBrad_gt
  • Start date
@T-D-C said:
I found it interesting that last night on the game plan Steve Noyce from the Roosters said they were having a Fan Q&A day where fans can turn up in a open forum and ask questions directly to the coaching staff.

Wonder if Humphreys & Sheens would have the balls to do the same with the Tigers.

There just doesn't seem to be any accountability in the organisation (team, coach,memberships, merchandise etc)

Noyce did that while he was here…online AND in person
He answered all my emails too.

Noyce did a really good job at showing he was a man of the people imo. Always saw him out the front on gameday at C'town (a lot of the time just on kick off) organizing the lines and helping people with tickets. Class act imo

Brad your Post represents my thoughts exactly.

In my opinion (Injuries aside) it is the inconsistency week in and week out from our major play maker that is at the heart of the problem, and whilst he is orchestrating the team around the park the Tigers will struggle, and any thoughts of another shot at the Provan/Summons trophy is wishful thinking!
Such a wonderfully gifted player who after all these years under the coaching of TS seems to go out on the field and make it up as he goes, and I often question whether the Coach is responsible for allowing him to play this adhoc football week in and week out?

If the Coach has given the play-maker a game plan and he ignores it then why hasn't he been hooked from the field? At the end of the day we as supporters want the team to get enough wins to make the play-offs, and "Fancy Nancy" plays from him every few weeks for a couple of odd minutes a game is no longer acceptable, especially when the team is regularly behind on the score board after 80 minutes.

Yes Brad Mediocrity is NOT acceptable and to arrest the situation then IMO start the Prodigal Son from the Bench each week and suggest to TS that if he fails to coach the Tigers to the semis in 2012 then it is thanks for the memories and we will see you next time at the 2005 Grand Final reunion!

If the Tigers fail to play in the finals and no action is taken then I am concerned for the 2013 Membership drive. Regardless of the results in 2012 I think most supporters are on the same page in agreeing that it is now time for the Coach to hang up his clip-board even though a suitable replacement has yet to be be identified!

Ivan Henjack didn't let Lockyer play a game because he didn't want to risk further injury to DL… He was terminated for this action alone, why? Because DL wanted to play!

While Sheens has some good numbers at the club looking out for him, I doubt he would have the numbers to drop Benji to the bench/stand him down for doing stupid plays outside of the game plan.

Football is very political landscape and Sheens is one of the best players!!!

@Tiger Watto said:
Ivan Henjack didn't let Lockyer play a game because he didn't want to risk further injury to DL… He was terminated for this action alone, why? Because DL wanted to play!

While Sheens has some good numbers at the club looking out for him, I doubt he would have the numbers to drop Benji to the bench/stand him down for doing stupid plays outside of the game plan.

Isn't it a pity that in being one of the best players of politics, part of the Wests Tigers scene did not require the coach to get better results than he does.

@Tiger Watto said:

If I can draw a parrallel insomuch as the USA Swimming Team were picking a 4 x 100 metre Medley Relay team for the Olympic Final and the great Michael Phelps was swimming like a busted then no matter what all his great past Gold Medal achievements were **he doesn't get a start**!
The great Jack Gibson wouldn't have tolerated Peter Sterling leading Parramatta around the park the way the Tigers Coach allows our's week in and week out! He would tell him to go and shake hands with the Coach of either Balmain/Ryde or Wests Magpies.

Your Manager of place of employment may go even further and offer you a redundancy and a kind few words of thanks for the memories! Lose to Parramatta on Monday night and then it is time for the Coach and all of the Tiger heavyweight officials to demonstrate to all of the club sponsors and gate paying fans that they will no longer accept mediocrity!

@NEDKELLY said:
@Tiger Watto said:

If I can draw a parrallel insomuch as the USA Swimming Team were picking a 4 x 100 metre Medley Relay team for the Olympic Final and the great Michael Phelps was swimming like a busted then no matter what all his great past Gold Medal achievements were **he doesn't get a start**!
The great Jack Gibson wouldn't have tolerated Peter Sterling leading Parramatta around the park the way the Tigers Coach allows our's week in and week out! He would tell him to go and shake hands with the Coach of either Balmain/Ryde or Wests Magpies.

Your Manager of place of employment may go even further and offer you a redundancy and a kind few words of thanks for the memories! Lose to Parramatta on Monday night and then it is time for the Coach and all of the Tiger heavyweight officials to demonstrate to all of the club sponsors and gate paying fans that they will no longer accept mediocrity!

Ned Kelly , what a legend ! Great post mate !
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@tiger4ever said:
@dimitri said:
We are a busted team people unless you have some miracle potion to rub over the injuries. No team wins games when the majority of players havent played together. The dogs have 11 of 17 players play every game this year. We've had 3.

How do you develop combinations and understanding when the team chops and changes due to injuries?

We finish Top 4 in 2010 and 2011 and genuine premiership contenders if not for some needed luc. We get crucified with injuries this year and all of a sudden the same players and coach are useless, overrated, dumb, etc etc.

Take a pill and have a lie down.

Dimitri I 100% agree mate.

They have all the answers to the problems…if they are that obvious i think a guy that's coached over 600 games would work it out.

After losses this always happens.

Id love to see if anyone on here could actually play the game...i would like to organise a game with people on this forum.Cmon guys lets get it going i will be there with bells on....simon the tiger will join in

Bundy boy that is below the belt...

Who said anyone has all the answers? Who said they claim to know more than Sheens?

Again putting words in people's mouths.

Of course, Sheens can never be questioned, can never do no wrong. Nobody every makes mistakes, especially someone who's coached 600 games. :crazy

What would you give Sheens out of 10 this year? Just curious.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@tiger4ever said:
@dimitri said:
We are a busted team people unless you have some miracle potion to rub over the injuries. No team wins games when the majority of players havent played together. The dogs have 11 of 17 players play every game this year. We've had 3.

How do you develop combinations and understanding when the team chops and changes due to injuries?

We finish Top 4 in 2010 and 2011 and genuine premiership contenders if not for some needed luc. We get crucified with injuries this year and all of a sudden the same players and coach are useless, overrated, dumb, etc etc.

Take a pill and have a lie down.

Dimitri I 100% agree mate.

They have all the answers to the problems…if they are that obvious i think a guy that's coached over 600 games would work it out.

After losses this always happens.

Id love to see if anyone on here could actually play the game...i would like to organise a game with people on this forum.Cmon guys lets get it going i will be there with bells on....simon the tiger will join in

Bundy boy that is below the belt...

Who said anyone has all the answers? Who said they claim to know more than Sheens?

Again putting words in people's mouths.

Of course, Sheens can never be questioned, can never do no wrong. Nobody every makes mistakes, especially someone who's coached 600 games. :crazy

What would you give Sheens out of 10 this year? Just curious.

Don't forget the game of footy that he's generously volunteered to organize. Not sure what that is suppose to prove, to steal a line from you its something only a simpleton would come up with. And Simon would join in too? wow

gnr it would prove plenty….it would give me great satisfaction to sit you down.

So you gain or just a big mouth

simpletons steal other peoples lines....

Hybrid well stop coming across like you know better
\
\
this year sheens 6.5 out of 10

Good thread and well put. I always sway towards positive over negative but we need change….... Desperately.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@Citizen Tiger said:
I have interrupted German 1 v Germany 2 in the Women's Beach Volleyball to pitch in here, so needless to say, its a very serious issue.

I have great respect for Tim Sheens, it upsets me that some would resort to personal attacks to convey their concern. That being said, it is very clear that all is not well in the camp and that all of the stakeholders, including the fans, deserve to see changes, not just in the sensible selection of players in their best positions, but in the roster of contracted players, our style, in particular the need to play to our strengths and the significant improvement required in our defensive shape. I think these issues are self evident.

I take my hat to Tim Sheens, he came into this Club on a hiding to nothing, following on the heels of the despicable Terry Lamb and the ineffective Wayne Pearce. While it may be time for a change, nobody can contend that this man did not bring a professionalism and presence to this Club,that might otherwise have seen us spinning around in never ending circles. 10 years is a really good run.

Citizen Tiger before I comment on your Post may I congratulate you on your phone calls to the BIG SPORTS BREAKFAST Radio Station throughout each week as they are humorous, articulate and vary in subject matter of which must be difficult as a died in the wool Tigers supporter!

Now I understand your concerns over the cheap shots aimed at Coach Sheens and I would put most of them down to ignorance, in-maturity and frustration! That aside I do agree with what he has done for the club as head coach but I am very concerned that he is void of ideas throughout games and does not seem to have a contingency plan when we are behind on the scoreboard and things are going pear shaped?

Age shall NOT weary them but the years condemn (Wayne Bennett exempted)and I truly believe his coaching career is slowly coming to an end.May I draw a parallel with Kevin Sheedy and GWS in the AFL that if the Western Australian Pirates get a start in the NRL he may be a good fit for their initial 1-2 years.

Father time is catching up with Timmy at the speed of Usain Bolt!

Latest posts

Back