TUIAKI HAS ANOTHER OPERATION?

Lote Tuqiri, Taniela Tuiaki in Tiger power play

* Dean Ritchie
* March 08, 2010 12:00AM
\
\
LOTE Tuqiri will tomorrow be named in the Wests Tigers squad to play the Manly Sea Eagles this Monday night - fans now just weeks away from seeing the most powerful wing combination in NRL history.

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens will pick Tuqiri in his side for SFS match - despite the former Wallaby having just four full days to prepare.

Tuqiri finished his rugby union commitments yesterday when his English side, Leicester, scored a 35-19 win over London Irish.

And Tigers fans will be just as elated at news the club's other powerhouse winger, Taniela Tuiaki, is on his way to recovering from three ankle operations.

There were suggestions Tuiaki may not play this season but the massive winger should be back within eight weeks - if not earlier.

It will give Wests Tigers two giant wingers, Tuqiri standing 191cm and weighing 104kg, Tuiaki at 183cm and weighing 105kg.

Tuqiri will arrive back in Australia on Wednesday and immediately start training in preparation for the Sea Eagles game.

"He will be announced in the side," Sheens revealed yesterday.

"Lote played this morning so we have to determine whether he gets back in fair shape and how he pulls up. But unless there is an obvious reason, he will participate in the game.

"As for how long, I would only be surmising and I don't want to do that just yet. I want to check on his frame of mind. We don't want to embarrass him by playing him when he's not ready. We will have to judge the situation when we see him."

Tuiaki's injury was a massive worry for the club - but it now appears he is recovering well.

Wests Tigers assistant coach Royce Simmons said Tuiaki's prognosis was much more positive than was thought a month ago.

"Taniela will now start to build up his ankle again," Simmons said. "Whether he is back in four, five, six or eight weeks will depend on how he recovers. But we think now he will play again this year."

Tuqiri told the English media he simply wanted to play footy in Australia again.

"My wife and I are both quite sad and it will be tough to leave," Tuqiri said before the London Irish game.

"The fact that I was going back home clinched it but Leicester made it very hard.

"What would have been a lot more clear-cut before I got here, in terms of going back home, was nowhere near as clear-cut at the end. I would recommend the club to other players if they fancied a move overseas."

@Spartan117 said:
What A great Man - Fan day he saw the camera around my neck and He asked if he could have a pic with my 2 boys.

Hoping it all comes good and their are many more days of TNT in the Tigers Black and Orange.

Thats BRET, black and orange, first grade is black, gold and white. check it out yourself. i think thats where tuaki will be in the black, gold and white jersey.

@Balmain Bug said:
@crouching_tiger said:
So are these the official predictions so far??

Farah - Rd 3
Humphreys - Rd 4
Dr. Kuah - after Rd 4
Marshall - Rd 8
Members' training - indefinite

please add if i've missed any..

Balmain Bug - Rd 12
\
\
\
:wink:

At least we know the date now where the season went to hell….. :confused:

@tomcat said:
@Balmain Bug said:
@crouching_tiger said:
So are these the official predictions so far??

Farah - Rd 3
Humphreys - Rd 4
Dr. Kuah - after Rd 4
Marshall - Rd 8
Members' training - indefinite

please add if i've missed any..

Balmain Bug - Rd 12
\
\
\
:wink:

TOMCAT round 11

Tomcat who is in your avatar?

@joe's magpies said:
I was talking to Tuaki at the season launch and he said that he will be back in 5 weeks. That means he will be back round 4 or 5.

Dear Joe,

That could not possibly be the case!

T-REXX has made it abundantly clear on this forum when others have suggested an early return for Tuiaki that there is "no chance" and "they are so far off the mark it isnt funny". There is in fact "ZERO chance of that happening".

"2010 is not going to be a year we see much or any of Tuiaki".

I suggest that it might be a good idea to seek Tui out again and put him straight.

Any idea what the last operation was for? I heard here or elsewhere that he had the metal (plates, screws etc) removed. Having smashed my own ankle in a game (touch, yes a touch footy game!), this is only done once the bone has healed. The ankle is very weak after so much non-use. Given the ankle is now apparently free of the nuts and bolts, my understanding would be that his ankle is fit 8 - 12 weeks from the last surgery. But this is a FG'er with constant physio, so my gut is a Rnd 6 return but hope the tank is back ASAP!

@willow said:
Lote Tuqiri, Taniela Tuiaki in Tiger power play

* Dean Ritchie
* March 08, 2010 12:00AM
\
\
LOTE Tuqiri will tomorrow be named in the Wests Tigers squad to play the Manly Sea Eagles this Monday night - fans now just weeks away from seeing the most powerful wing combination in NRL history.

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens will pick Tuqiri in his side for SFS match - despite the former Wallaby having just four full days to prepare.

Tuqiri finished his rugby union commitments yesterday when his English side, Leicester, scored a 35-19 win over London Irish.

And Tigers fans will be just as elated at news the club's other powerhouse winger, Taniela Tuiaki, is on his way to recovering from three ankle operations.

There were suggestions Tuiaki may not play this season but the massive winger should be back within eight weeks - if not earlier.

It will give Wests Tigers two giant wingers, Tuqiri standing 191cm and weighing 104kg, Tuiaki at 183cm and weighing 105kg.

Tuqiri will arrive back in Australia on Wednesday and immediately start training in preparation for the Sea Eagles game.

"He will be announced in the side," Sheens revealed yesterday.

"Lote played this morning so we have to determine whether he gets back in fair shape and how he pulls up. But unless there is an obvious reason, he will participate in the game.

"As for how long, I would only be surmising and I don't want to do that just yet. I want to check on his frame of mind. We don't want to embarrass him by playing him when he's not ready. We will have to judge the situation when we see him."

Tuiaki's injury was a massive worry for the club - but it now appears he is recovering well.

Wests Tigers assistant coach Royce Simmons said Tuiaki's prognosis was much more positive than was thought a month ago.

"Taniela will now start to build up his ankle again," Simmons said. "Whether he is back in four, five, six or eight weeks will depend on how he recovers. But we think now he will play again this year."

Tuqiri told the English media he simply wanted to play footy in Australia again.

"My wife and I are both quite sad and it will be tough to leave," Tuqiri said before the London Irish game.

"The fact that I was going back home clinched it but Leicester made it very hard.

"What would have been a lot more clear-cut before I got here, in terms of going back home, was nowhere near as clear-cut at the end. I would recommend the club to other players if they fancied a move overseas."

What?!? Tuqiri is still out of the country?!?!?!?!?! What on EARTH is the hype about this guy?!? Is he trying to rake in as much as can from wherever he can get it, or does he have a fear of unemployment?!?! I wouldn't be suprised if he takes a job at K-Mart until Monday night!

Back