We can win our next 5

Eddie

Its time for us to stand up and be counted. We have our troops coming back on deck and think we can win the next 5 we play. In this 5 week spin we play Canberra, Parramatta, Easts and Cronulla. With KG and Heighto perhaps on the come back trail we should account for these bottom feeders. Manly at the SFS the hardest game of the lotthere is no reason we can't at least make a challange late in the season.

I think we are a genuine chance of going on a good winning streak….maybe.

I think Canberra down in the village next Sunday will be the big one. That's a tough road trip, although we generally go ok down there. Canberra will play the Tigers up the middle with their big pack, although they will be missing TLL, so that helps us a bit. If we can overcome the Raiders I think that will give the side the confidence it needs to go on and string a few wins together.

a win next week will have me excited, but a win next week backed up with a win over the eagles will make a believer out of me!
C'arn you mighty tigers!

We have probably left it a loss or two to late to make anything of the season.

However when I looked at how soft our draw was over the next 5 weeks a genuine streak should not be out of the question.

Had we won one two or three of those 1 or 2 point losses we'd be in a strong position. It's those small losses that can cost you a season!

Eddie three weeks ago you wanted Sheens and 3/4 of the team sacked, saying we'll finish last.

Two wins, one against pathetic opposition, so what's changed?

Based on todays effort I think the Tigers are capable of winning all remaining games except for the Bulldogs game.

Definitely happy with the changes and think some of the young guns are playing with confidence, and we got the mongrel going today….but, the Cowboys lacked polish today. Thurston was not on his game (hahahaha), and they were not the level of opposition I was expecting - pedestrian.
In terms of our next couple of matches, our wins have been against teams on the skids, so we will need to continue the improve.

@steven_tiger said:
Eddie three weeks ago you wanted Sheens and 3/4 of the team sacked, saying we'll finish last.

Two wins, one against pathetic opposition, so what's changed?

I Don't remember saying we would finish last.

It has still been a very disappointing season to date. However Sheens has finally made some good calls at the selection table and with troops coming back we can be a dangerous side. We have talent on our roster but we just don't deliver consistently.

I am not suggesting anything outrageous. We should beat Cronulla, Easts, Canberra and Parramatta. That would be 6 wins from 7 and 7 from 7 if we could knock over a top 8 team in Manly.

@Centaur said:
Based on todays effort I think the Tigers are capable of winning all remaining games except for the Bulldogs game.

We are definitely capable of winning that one too. They beat us by a penalty goal last time.

It all depends on what we come up with next week. They have beaten some good teams down there. If we can get up next week then we can build from there.

I reckon we can beat the Raiders, I dont think we have a bad record in Canberra. The last time we beat there was in round 16 2007 22-16, that was on the back of great defence, hopefully we can get 3 wins a row for the first time this year and then you never know we could do a 05 and get a winning streak going.

If the last four years is anything to go by, we'll lose next week.

Hope I'm wrong but don't tell me if it happens anyone will be surprised. We haven't won 3 games in a row all season.

@hybrid_tiger said:

Hope I'm wrong but don't tell me if it happens anyone will be surprised. We haven't won 3 games in a row all season.

When was the last time we won 3 in a row? Can't remember it happening last year either.

@NJLM78 said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

When was the last time we won 3 in a row? Can't remember it happening last year either.

Would have been 2007…I think?

@hybrid_tiger said:
@NJLM78 said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

Would have been 2007…I think?

Yep in 2007 we won six in a row after we lost our first four games.

I'm slightly more confident that past years. In the past Matt Johns says we are starting our run and we fall in a screaming heap. This year he's not there to put the mocker on us.

no matter where we are on the table, 1 thing i do know is that vs those bullddogs, we always have a chance of beating them coz we play well.
it may come down to that game for us to make the 8\. also we need to keep winning big like the last 2 wins coz for/against will come into play late in the year.

Back