Wests Tigers’ Retention Challenge

Effectively, we release an origin hooker at the end of the year so don't forget that. I'm not saying that will ensure we keep all 4, but it gives us a fair bit to share around.

Moses is my biggest fear. I think he is the most likely to go if any of them do. Roosters or sharks might offer huge dollars, and the roosters are dangerous. Money talks, especiallly money found in the spare tyre section of your Jag or Land Rover. Whilst ive no doubt he would like to stay, he wont if offered 1million per year ( + secrets) as opposed to 700K. He seems far more 'business savvy' than the others.

@Hbom said:
Effectively, we release an origin hooker at the end of the year so don't forget that. I'm not saying that will ensure we keep all 4, but it gives us a fair bit to share around.

Rubbish we are still paying nearly all of his contract and he only had 1 year left.By every report i have read we have only freed up about 200-250k that wont make our bargaining position much better.However when it comes to the crunch if they stay or leave i believe that it will come down to if they feel that they can win a premiership under our coach dollars will only be icing on the cake.We have to be a threat to win the comp by 2020 in my humble opinion for them to stay

@GNR4LIFE said:
I often wonder if Blocker ever thinks before he speaks. Trying to blame the current Admin for their current contracts expiring at the same time. Well done Block.

Blockers always thinking Gunners

Thinking about super duper sizing his lunch , wondering if he tries hard enough whether 6 pies will fit in his gob at once

@jadtiger said:
@Hbom said:

Rubbish we are still paying nearly all of his contract and he only had 1 year left.By every report i have read we have only freed up about 200-250k that wont make our bargaining position much better.However when it comes to the crunch if they stay or leave i believe that it will come down to if they feel that they can win a premiership under our coach dollars will only be icing on the cake.We have to be a threat to win the comp by 2020 in my humble opinion for them to stay

He is saying with Robbie gone, it free's up alot of coin for 2018, not next year with us paying part of his salary

@Tiger Watto said:
@jadtiger said:
@Hbom said:

He is saying with Robbie gone, it free's up alot of coin for 2018, not next year with us paying part of his salary

You are missing the point Robbie was out of contact at the end of 2017 and i doubt if he would be renewed we have gained little to nothing in regards to keeping our key players for 2018.Feel free to believe we are better off but i dont agree. In 2018 we are in exactly the same position if Robbie stayed 2017 we have about 200-250 to play with(Idris)

How do other clubs maintain their players….

Smith, Cronk, Slater, Bromwich....Melb do it.

Bronc's have about 10 internationals....they do it.

What Tiges can't keep their 4 top players......WHY NOT ????......its not like we pay overs for anyone else.

That's an easy one to answer….We pay overs for the players we have compared to the output they deliver.....Or we did...hopefully that is a thing of the past...

@jadtiger said:
You are missing the point Robbie was out of contact at the end of 2017 and i doubt if he would be renewed we have gained little to nothing in regards to keeping our key players for 2018.Feel free to believe we are better off but i dont agree. In 2018 we are in exactly the same position if Robbie stayed 2017 we have about 200-250 to play with(Idris)

If we are paying a fortune for Robbie next year, we will have all that money extra in our salary cap for the next season.

The way the Tele talks of Woods,Tedesco,Moses and Brooks it's like we somehow have managed to jag four future immortals into a team that has been playing in grand final after grand final.
Have a look every other team in the comp and then let know why the WTs can't possibly manage to sign four good first graders.

@Masterton said:
@jadtiger said:

If we are paying a fortune for Robbie next year, we will have all that money extra in our salary cap for the next season.

Lol we would have that in 2018 regardless the only time we have any extra coin is 2017 unfortunately it is only 200-250k.In 2018 we would have that ANYWAY because his contract was completed

@jadtiger said:
@Tiger Watto said:
@jadtiger said:
@Hbom said:

I think you missed the starting point Jad, as it "Effectively" set the tone for the post.

@jadtiger said:
@Masterton said:
@jadtiger said:

Lol we would have that in 2018 regardless the only time we have any extra coin is 2017 unfortunately it is only 200-250k.In 2018 we would have that ANYWAY because his contract was completed

Yep. That's exactly what he's saying.

@Novocastrian Tiger said:
Here we go around the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, here we go around the mulberry bush so early in the morning.

Get used to it on this forum

I think it is a lot of Chicken Little Syndrome when it comes to the retention of "the big 4" (why they get referred to as that I have no idea) for our club.
Hopefully they stay at WT and kick on to be superstars but if they decide to chase the cash and sign somewhere else we will have a heap of money to spend on replacements for them anyhow. Tedesco will be (or already is) a superstar but the other 3 are all replaceable IMO, the arse isn't gonna fall out of our club if they move on.

@Donald Trump said:
Tedesco and Moses are key. Brooks and Woods are not priorities in my opinion.

I'm with you on that, though it would be nice to keep Woods as well - I think he brings a lot of unity and enthusiasm to the team.

Welcome to the mad forum by the way, Donald. Enjoy checking it out, though you should probably stay away from the thread that bears your name :wink:

@Flippedy said:
@Donald Trump said:

I'm with you on that, though it would be nice to keep Woods as well - I think he brings a lot of unity and enthusiasm to the team.

Welcome to the mad forum by the way, Donald. Enjoy checking it out, though you should probably stay away from the thread that bears your name :wink:

Hey Donny old boy , help the club with some TPA's if you don't mind :smiley:

@Tiger Watto said:
@jirskyr said:
@Tiger Watto said:
I reckon Teddy is the biggest chance to sign elsewhere, outside of that I feel the others will stay.

Hasnt Woods already agreed to terms?

I don't agree at all - I would expect him to be #1 signing priority at the expense of any other player on our roster, even several players combined.

He is the Tim Brasher of this current side and there would be massive backlash amongst fans. Even amongst non-Tigers followers Tedesco is generally considered to be individually the best attacking fullback in the world right now.

I would put Brooks as the biggest chance of leaving - just the general noise tells me he is lowest in the pecking order of the Top 4, but quality halfbacks are rare, so he'd easily pick up interest at other clubs if his price isn't ridiculous.

Your emotions are running away with commonsense… Brooks will be the cheapest, therefore the easiest to sign. Woods & Brooks should be the first players the club attempts to secure.

Teddy will be the dearest, and with 5-6 Clubs chasing him he is the most likely to leave. I'm sure Pascoe will leave no stone unturned and while he is every chance to stay, he is also the most likely to leave.

we re-sign woods and brooks and then the others leave. #weststigersfor2022top8

@Donald Trump said:

welcome to the forum Mr 19% :stuck_out_tongue:
always plenty of discussion and plenty of opinions.
looking forward to next season when team talk starts to heat up.
its always interesting.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back