Wests Tigers Board & Ceo Discussion

Wests Tigers members need some representation within the club. I think it’s well past the time that they have some enablement to contribute to the running of the club (even if it’s only specific areas). And some sort of voting power to elect members of the board.

And I think Lee got it wrong - he thinks fans are “just” fans, but ironically they’re also treating members “just” like fans too.
I thought there was a fan representative on a committee that makes recommendations to the board.

We need the media to keep piling on our management, and we need to be vocal about what change we want to see too.
We can't just sit around waiting for change, because those in power never relinquish it unless forced to
Anyone who goes to the games should take banners

Gus sacked Pascoe at Penrith he said that he wasn’t up to running a club properly, so we employed him.
We always pick up other teams cast offs.
We need a professional manager to run the business side of things and stay completely away for the football side of the club.
Then employ someone with a football brain to oversee all things footy related.
Along with sacking the whole WT board and Chairman, even if it’s a slightly slower process we’ve got to get it right for once.
As Jack Gibson said winning starts at the front office.
Let's not fabricate. He was headhunted.

I thought there was a fan representative on a committee that makes recommendations to the board.
I haven’t heard that, but hopefully it isn’t true because it doesn’t seem to be having a lot of impact in that case.

I haven’t heard that, but hopefully it isn’t true because it doesn’t seem to be having a lot of impact in that case.
That's what I was thinking, it's some strange thing where they give recommendation to the board or pasco about gameday I think around fan experiences and the things the fans would like to do and see. Must have made a recommendation to stay crap.
Pretty sure Pasco mentioned it a few years ago while Cleary was there, not sure if they still do it.

"Toss the Boss" is better!

I like it but I wanna see his name in it. He needs to know it’s about Pascoe. I can see him explaining to the board that the Boss the fans mean is actually the boss of catering on game days. Not him.

Pascoe said: “I’m impressed by the innovative and unified approach of the current Board in its direction to ensure this club is in a position where it becomes sustainable off the field and competitive on the field consistently.

“I believe that as an organisation Wests Tigers has the potential to engage with its fans, develop commercial strategies and apply business principles that will differentiate it from all its competitors and create a strong and inclusive culture that builds an enviable sports organisation.”

Two massive fails right there. No doubt from a financial point of view he has been successful, which is great, but that is all he is good at.

Bottom line is Penrith didn't rate him for the top job and WT Board and Chair at the time did. Kind of says it all really.

I havnt read the entire thread but we need a plan. Cant just go into battle without one. Please find a proposed corporate structure which is common in sports organisations.

The corporate structure currently resembles games day structure. It doesnt exist, maybe i havent loooked hard enough, spose ill fund out shortly. An organisational structure is one of the most fundamental 'corporate' communication tools. A picture tells a thousand words. The proposed one clearly shows the type of people required and implied skill sets. It promotes tranparency and implies integration.

20230402_163009.jpgWhoever is running the place needs to demonstrate they know what needs doing, a plan.

Like i said maybe i missed something but what has ths the ceo and his mate been doin? This is theyre job, i imagine they get paid accordingly...ill do it for nothing just to prove a point.

Ill definately get 10 weeks now.

Latest posts

Back