Wests Tigers Coaches

I don’t know about giving up. I think he understands the team who came a strong last place needs a massive overhaul that could take a while. All things considered he’s putting together a decent looking 2023 side. Well forwards anyway, shame about the backline.

I don’t know about giving up. I think he understands the team who came a strong last place needs a massive overhaul that could take a while. All things considered he’s putting together a decent looking 2023 side. Well forwards anyway, shame about the backline.
The forwards are the biggest problem the backs we can get by with

of course he does, i just don’t think the priority is wins and losses. the biggest thing for Sheens will be developing the youngsters and building our style of footy. he’s putting the building blocks in place before Benj steps in.

I'm starting to think Sheens is more interested in 24 than 23.All this interest in Moses how would Douie Hastings and even the dreaded Brooks think.Do they start to think am I wanted or not .What do you think?
Of course he is. We won't make top 8 next year and your kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Need to be like Penrith and bring up players with only two players added to bring professionalism and experience to the side.

Won't be competitive until 2024-2025 most likely

Great question.

I feel Sheens is getting rid of the dead wood this season and next and putting systems and players in place for a realistic team to be fighting for the top 8 in 2024/2025.

Next year we have 3 new players that played in this year's Grand Final. If we can land Klemmer and Bateman they are two quality players who have played at SOO level and Test Level.

We also have the Centre of Excellent in place so that should bear some fruit in the future.

Seems the juniors have some depth so in a couple of years the good ones will be making their way to NRL.

Like all long suffering fans I hope we see marked improvements in 2023 including a better style of play instead of 5 one out hit ups then a silly bomb on the 6th tackle. Better defence, players in motion and second phrase play is what I like to see.

Api at hooker will give quality ball and encourage the forwards to get on the front foot.

I like to see players like Junior Toupou, Daine Laurie, Charlie Staines, Starford To'a, Brandon Tumeth have breakthrough seasons in 2023 and show the Coaching panel they want to be there for success.

Also like WT to be a place quality players want to come too.

Great question.

I feel Sheens is getting rid of the dead wood this season and next and putting systems and players in place for a realistic team to be fighting for the top 8 in 2024/2025.

Next year we have 3 new players that played in this year's Grand Final. If we can land Klemmer and Bateman they are two quality players who have played at SOO level and Test Level.

We also have the Centre of Excellent in place so that should bear some fruit in the future.

Seems the juniors have some depth so in a couple of years the good ones will be making their way to NRL.

Like all long suffering fans I hope we see marked improvements in 2023 including a better style of play instead of 5 one out hit ups then a silly bomb on the 6th tackle. Better defence, players in motion and second phrase play is what I like to see.

Api at hooker will give quality ball and encourage the forwards to get on the front foot.

I like to see players like Junior Toupou, Daine Laurie, Charlie Staines, Starford To'a, Brandon Tumeth have breakthrough seasons in 2023 and show the Coaching panel they want to be there for success.

Also think we need to be targeting next generation of 1’s & 7’s.
With the current crop of development players most seem to be forwards.

The current culture of the club is we are an absolute joke. we got the spoon and no 1 takes us seriously. As soon as things go against us we give up and throw in the towel in (often before the kick off) .we have young players with talent but we lack older experienced players who know what it takes to compete at the top level week in week out and win.

Who to blame is a hard 1 it’s a combination of a lot of things ivan takes alot of the blame here he screwed our club in alot of ways

Then Madge tried to fix it but the cap was to messed up for him to be able to do anything significant and by the time he had money to spend every 1 was over his tough training

And Pascoe has to shoulder some of the blame he has over seen all this for far to long and he has approved us releasing our best players of the year for previous last 3 years

And I blame the media aswell

The only man who seems to get any respect from the media is Tim sheens he puts them in there place and knows how to play the game

Great question.

Did you forget about Woodsy?
Are these the players in need of developing?
I don’t think there’s any mystery surrounding what we’re seeing unfold.
The new coach arrives and makes roster spaces available to hire players who will hopefully reward the coach with some loyalty.
This pattern of behaviour has continually been WT most serious problem, due in part to the club’s split personality. It’s for this reason I’m not confident.
We probably will continue to move on players who show a stronger loyalty to the jersey and each other.
We now have 5 players contracted for 2025, that’s the space I’m looking at for inspiration 😜
Will we be throwing out the “dead wood” again in 2025 or will we be established as a “development club”?

I'd say he still hates the club and is getting revenge for the way he was sacked a decade ago.

Full points to him for playing the extra long game. Would explain some of the recruitment decisions and the insistence on keeping Brooks.

I'd say he still hates the club and is getting revenge for the way he was sacked a decade ago.

Full points to him for playing the extra long game. Would explain some of the recruitment decisions and the insistence on keeping Brooks.
I doubt it. He is just out for some retirement money before he flies back to blighty.

Thats the way i see it as well,2 years of doing nothing and then walking away from it leaving the club in a worse position than it was when he arrived
I think Sheens wants to prove he has still got it even though his last 10 years have been very poor,not coaching in the NRL for that length of time also isnt in his favour...
The only thing I would say about the new players he has got is,Madge cleared the deck of wasted recruits from the previous coach,made cap room and got the pathways back on track and getting Api and Paps if he didnt do that then Sheens would be in a heap of trouble coming into 2023....

It was already in a worse position. Nothing he can do now could make it worse
Unfortunately, Maguire was a big disappointment, he dismantled our solid defence (under Cleary). Also our attack did not get any better, as the result he put in place all the elements to win the spoon.
He championed mediocracy, endlessly rotating the same useless players, without even trying some new, younger players:(

It was already in a worse position. Nothing he can do now could make it worse
Sheens won us the wooden spoon last year,our performances deteriorated badly after Madge was sacked.Sheens made the poor coaching appointment,released players without replacing them and did not seem to support the coach appointed.

Latest posts

Back