Wests Tigers Coaches

Sheens won us the wooden spoon last year,our performances deteriorated badly after Madge was sacked.Sheens made the poor coaching appointment,released players without replacing them and did not seem to support the coach appointed.
Last two points fair enough but your kidding yourself if we weren't in the bottom 4 regardless. We might of came 14-15 but is that even relevant? It's finals or bust.

I dislike how we don't have a director of football now though. I like that position if it is joined to the coach.

By his own admission it was Sheens himself who posed the question to the board, do you see yourselves giving Maguire a contract extension? They answered and Sheens dealt with Madge accordingly.
The board saw themselves being honest in dealing with the sacking of Maguire and were of the opinion they couldn’t talk to Ciraldo while Maguire was the coach.
Sheens also said he himself didn’t want to be coach, so I can only imagine that apart from Ciraldo, anyone else who applied was rejected?
The most suitable coach was the club’s top point scorer Benji, but he has never coached so Sheens had to become the reluctant coach for 2 years, while Benji serves his apprenticeship.
We now have something which looks like stability, which obviously has been one of the objections raised by prospective recruits.
We know Tim and Robbie will be leaving in 2 years an Benji will slot into the head coaching job.
The question I have is..how effective will a reluctant coach be ?
I’ll be waiting for round 15 to fill in the scorecard.

Sheens won us the wooden spoon last year,our performances deteriorated badly after Madge was sacked.Sheens made the poor coaching appointment,released players without replacing them and did not seem to support the coach appointed.

I agree but at least there has been some action at the club (admittedly it's not official yet) during the off season.

Let's see how the team goes next season.

The extent of the roster changes we're seeing now more than offset the decisions made last season. Our trajectory under Madge was down. No one likes to lose, but the feeling now for me is one of hope and positivity. Benji is also rubber stamping player recruitment and re-signing into 2025.

jadtiger said:

That's one version. The other interpretation of the sequence of events is that Maguire himself had been working on getting us the spoon for 4 years, getting closer and closer each year. He was sacked before he could reach the goal.

The extent of the roster changes we're seeing now more than offset the decisions made last season. Our trajectory under Madge was down. No one likes to lose, but the feeling now for me is one of hope and positivity. Benji is also rubber stamping player recruitment and re-signing into 2025.
Thank God Madge had the ability to recruit the best 9 in 22 and the best upcoming backrower in 22.... very good platform for the boys club to build on....

From Lee's latest interview, it looks like they (the club) basically concede that they've dropped the ball and the most pressing issue is our roster - that previous administrative oversights have caused hindrances. That it's always been a major setback for achieving any strategic objectives and therefore onfield success.

From Lee's latest interview, it looks like they (the club) basically concede that they've dropped the ball and the most pressing issue is our roster - that previous administrative oversights have caused hindrances. That it's always been a major setback for achieving any strategic objectives and therefore onfield success.
I hope that he mentioned about paying overs for a winger.

Did he happen to mention whether these previous administrative oversights have been eliminated, or has nothing changed?

Madge was not at fault. What we are seeing is the official end of the era that was brought about by knee jerk marquee player signings when we lost the big 3. We are finally out of those contracts as of November 1 when Moses Mbye was off our payroll.

On a completely different subject, I hope our goal kickers , notably Doowhay , get some coaching this year. Not sure if Hodgo involved but he would be a good starting advisor.
A lot of times last year we could have kicked away from our opponents but numerous misses kept them in the hunt,
Must turn 4s into 6s as much as possible.

On a completely different subject, I hope our goal kickers , notably Doowhay , get some coaching this year. Not sure if Hodgo involved but he would be a good starting advisor.
A lot of times last year we could have kicked away from our opponents but numerous misses kept them in the hunt,
Must turn 4s into 6s as much as possible.
Pat Richards more a chance that the newly appointed England Rugby Union coach.

Pat Richards more a chance that the newly appointed England Rugby Union coach.
That’s more than fine. We just need to cross the Ts and dot the Is on everything, and all the top teams have good, reliable kickers but we don’t.
Only adds to our problems.
You know my edict, focus on fundamentals ;
Kick goals ( conversions and penalties)
Make sure penalties find touch
All kick offs go 10 metres
Play the ball correctly
No unforced errors
Wear clean underwear in case you get injured( sorry that was one of my dear old Mums)

That’s more than fine. We just need to cross the Ts and dot the Is on everything, and all the top teams have good, reliable kickers but we don’t.
Only adds to our problems.
You know my edict, focus on fundamentals ;
Kick goals ( conversions and penalties)
Make sure penalties find touch
All kick offs go 10 metres
Play the ball correctly
No unforced errors
Wear clean underwear in case you get injured( sorry that was one of my dear old Mums)
AD is a decent kicker.
Hopefully he's working on that + a lot more prior to round 1.

Maybe even a more realistic idea of self worth also.

If Tim Sheens is so sure that Brooks can run the team better then Hastings than why doesn't he get ask the boss or whatever and tell us why.This club treats us like mushrooms they keep us in the dark and feed us you know what..It's about time they started giving us some information about why they do things

Back