Wests Tigers Coaches

CC will watch a few our past Games, look at our roster and make some phone calls to Past players and coaching staff.

Than it will be the usual, thanks but no thanks. It will be back to the list and start moving down. One things for certain, Flano will say yes if we get desperate
I wouldn’t think he needs to do that much research tbh

Heard an interesting story over the weekend.

At the end of last season Madge was done, Flanagan locked in and getting ready to move into the coaching office.

Sheens came on board and shelved the plan with the idea to give Madge half a dozen games this year.

No issue at all, because you have him locked in if it is really working well and on The other hand if it is not working after a couple of years, you do what we always do and sack them with a hefty payout.

Really CC is long odds to come to the Tigers. With the Dogs and Penrith after him…why would he

Heard an interesting story over the weekend.

At the end of last season Madge was done, Flanagan locked in and getting ready to move into the coaching office.

Sheens came on board and shelved the plan with the idea to give Madge half a dozen games this year.
I love a good story.

If he’s smart he will choose us because the expectations are a lot less and it will be easier for him to make a good impression and become a club hero.

The dogs have spent like drunken sailors and have only managed a couple of decent games.

They will want better earlier where he can ease in here at his own pace.

Plus even if we lost games this year, there was more than a hint of good play and Madge was praised for it.

We are stronger in the head about our footy than the dogs. They have a short attention span.

We only turned on Madge when the garbage reappeared.

So I think we are an easier ride. Expectations are all important for a coach.

It’s not going to matter who they sign for 5 years because they’re not going to make the full term of the contract, no doubt they’ll sack the coach after 3 years because the team will be the same as it is now especially if we lose 1 or 2 more decent players like Hastings

And I was going to add per the critical salary issue, we tell cc “whatever the dogs offered plus $1.00”

And coming from the Penrith system, that should clinch the deal.

Whoever ends up with the difficult job i would hope that they call in Blocker to work with our pigs.I know some on here don't like the bloke but i can't think of anyone better to get our pigs to work as a pack and hurt the opposition on both sides off the ball.Balmain and Magpies always had tough packs and we need to get that back before we can honestly expect much improvement.
Back to basics

Ciraldo tours Tiger-town as Sheens prepares five-year deal for NRL’s hottest coaching property​

The Wests Tigers have sold a strong pitch to Penrith assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo by giving the NRL coach-in-waiting a guided tour of the club’s soon to be opened Centre of Excellence at Concord.

Foxsports.com.au has learned Ciraldo met with Wests Tigers key powerbrokers Tim Sheens and chairman Lee Hagipantelis on Monday.

Four-time premiership-winning coach Sheens sold the Tigers vision about the club being an NRL sleeping giant – with the catch being they need the right development coach to bring through the next generation of juniors.

Reactions: 851
It’s not going to matter who they sign for 5 years because they’re not going to make the full term of the contract, no doubt they’ll sack the coach after 3 years because the team will be the same as it is now especially if we lose 1 or 2 more decent players like Hastings
I will tell you all what the problem is...its not the coach,assistant coaches.rehab or the whole footy dept...
Its when players come here with great expectations such as J.Rey,Packer,Mbye and co..many over the years...
They fall into the lax attitude of "we dont have to give it our all.we will get paid either way"...
AND THATS THE ATTITUDE WE HAVE HAD SINCE 2011...no one from the board has addressed it,but when we are doing well in membership drive and hat sales,their the first to get in front of the camera and sell themselves as the key to our success..
When the results arent on the board they shift the blame and sack the coach..
How many coaches have we had since 2011...
There in lies the problem and Lee said it best "we all have our roles to play so that we are a success"...
Unless it makes their role look bad...
Cheers ...end of opinion....

Flanagan is the play here. Ciraldo will decline, John Morris is not rated by people I know at the Sharks he’s too soft and friendly with players.

He’s the most credentialed coach on the market and needs a gig. As long as Kyle is not part of the deal it’s the way to go.

We are a basket case a rookie can’t get it done.

I will tell you all what the problem is...its not the coach,assistant coaches.rehab or the whole footy dept...
Its when players come here with great expectations such as J.Rey,Packer,Mbye and co..many over the years...
They fall into the lax attitude of "we dont have to give it our all.we will get paid either way"...
AND THATS THE ATTITUDE WE HAVE HAD SINCE 2011...no one from the board has addressed it,but when we are doing well in membership drive and hat sales,their the first to get in front of the camera and sell themselves as the key to our success..
There in lies the problem and Lee said it best "we all have our roles to play so that we are a success"...
this is where the 5 west baord member should have stepped in and said you did great in membership sales but you did poorly in hiring jt cleary etc......... celeb apprentice

Amen

Latest posts

Members online

Back