WestsLife podcast

They’re just not very good at it…

They’ve been around a long time, and every episode they’re fumbling and bumbling through it like they’ve never done it before…
Shame, I imagine it takes them some
Time to put it together…

They’re like the Wests Tigers of podcasts (pun intended)
Reminds me of sitting around a boom box recording rap song with my mates when we were kids…

sounds like you keep watching though… every episode?

I do agree that the guy that runs it …( Josh I think is name is) … seems a bit of a battler

sounds like you keep watching though… every episode?

I do agree that the guy that runs it …( Josh I think is name is) … seems a bit of a battler
Maybe it sounds just how you want it to sound?

I’ve never listened to a full episode…

They come up on my YT video feed maybe once or twice a month - and I’ll listen to a bit of one maybe every other time.
Like I said - it’s just very good….
Tough listening.

I listened to the first 10-15 minutes of the last one today before switching it off… the quality just doesn’t get any better!!
I also don’t get the need for it to be done with video, it’s usually disjointed and poor quality
- anyhow, they obviously enjoy it and have others that do…

I listen to the guys on the other forum most weeks… much easier on the receptors

Maybe it sounds just how you want it ?

I’ve never listened to a full episode…

They come up on my YT video feed maybe once or twice a month - and I’ll listen to a bit of one maybe every other time.
Like I said - it’s just very good….
Tough listening.

I listened to the first 10-15 minutes of the last one today before switching it off… the quality just doesn’t get any better!!
I also don’t get the need for it to be done with video, it’s usually disjointed and poor quality
- anyhow, they obviously enjoy it and have others that do…

I listen to the guys on the other forum most weeks… much easier on the receptors

cool … as I said earlier … I appreciate all Wests Tigers media …as I think we have limited choices at the end of the day…Again , I agree that the sound quality can be ordinary with this pod and it’s the same dude I mentioned earlier that seems to be the main issue…

I find the other Wests Tigers Podcast has a few difficulties too… one of the guys has a terrible accent and sound issues from time to time … but I find myself more often then not tuning into both each week…

They got some Penrith dude on the show tonight that won’t stop talking
Geez its a hard listen. I have to listen to anything Tigers so I listen regularly but bloody heck its hard. Every week comes across like its their first show. The Penrith guy tonight was insufferable, wouldnt shut up. Josh the main host guy needs to upgrade his dial up internet. Every week he has issues, its not like he is in the middle of the bush, hes in Sydney, get the premium upgrade if you're gonna run a podcast you cant drop out/audio issues every week. Rob is good for a blow up and I find his opinions most time align with mine, and the other guy with the constant croak in his voice, for the love of god have a cough and a lozenge mate 🐸

Geez it’s a hard listen. I have to listen to anything Tigers so I listen regularly but bloody heck it’s hard. Every week comes across like it’s their first show. The Penrith guy tonight was insufferable, wouldnt shut up. Josh the main host guy needs to upgrade his dial up internet. Every week he has issues, its not like he is in the middle of the bush, hes in Sydney, get the premium upgrade if you're gonna run a podcast you cant drop out/audio issues every week. Rob is good for a blow up and I find his opinions most time align with mine, and the other guy with the constant croak in his voice, for the love of god have a cough and a lozenge mate 🐸
Yeah … it’s pretty amateur… Josh’s internet breakdowns are annoying …

The format of the show needs some work …. they spend a lot of time talking about trivial stuff… like 15 minutes going through the player ratings each week is overkill

i’ll keep watching for Rob …i liked when he was feuding with Lee last year … he gets a bit fired up … the other two seem ok dudes but dont have a lot to add

I had to turn it off last night … I think the Penrith guy was deliberately trying to waffle on with rubbish … they should have realised and got rid of him earlier

Yeah … it’s pretty amateur… Josh’s internet breakdowns are annoying …

The format of the show needs some work …. they spend a lot of time talking about trivial stuff… like 15 minutes going through the player ratings each week is overkill

i’ll keep watching for Rob …i liked when he was feuding with Lee last year … he gets a bit fired up … the other two seem ok dudes but dont have a lot to add

I had to turn it off last night … I think the Penrith guy was deliberately trying to waffle on with rubbish … they should have realised and got rid of him earlier
They def struggle for content, due to their own making. They put out at least 2 pods a week, 3-4hrs of content, which is overkill when they have nothing to talk about which is why they have the player ratings waffle and other filler. All they need is a no nonsense 60min-90min show midweek reviewing the last game and previewing the next game would suffice, Josh and Rob would be enough, that Aaron bloke brings nothing to the table. His voice is annoying as heck but its not as bad as that Declan or whatever his name is on the other pod, worst accent I've ever heard, I actively skip the parts when he is talking.

They def struggle for content, due to their own making. They put out at least 2 pods a week, 3-4hrs of content, which is overkill when they have nothing to talk about which is why they have the player ratings waffle and other filler. All they need is a no nonsense 60min-90min show midweek reviewing the last game and previewing the next game would suffice, Josh and Rob would be enough, that Aaron bloke brings nothing to the table. His voice is annoying as heck but its not as bad as that Declan or whatever his name is on the other pod, worst accent I've ever heard, I actively skip the parts when he is talking.

I prefer to judge the substance of someone's speech rather than their accent.

Last edited by a moderator:

tuning into the episode tonight...

yea that was a hard listen, good on them for giving it a go but twice a week for roughly 1.15 is too much and that Penrith supporter was way too much on their latest podcast. I actually dont mind Rob as i tend to agree with a lot he says.. Tiger town podcast is great as they are on for an hour a week and those two boys know their stuff about the Tigers. Of course I find the West Tigers Podcast a great listen too

yea that was a hard listen, good on them for giving it a go but twice a week for roughly 1.15 is too much and that Penrith supporter was way too much on their latest podcast. I actually dont mind Rob as i tend to agree with a lot he says.. Tiger town podcast is great as they are on for an hour a week and those two boys know their stuff about the Tigers. Of course I find the West Tigers Podcast a great listen too
Yeh, WTP and TT shit all over Westslife.

They're deadset stumblers and bumblers. The other week, one of them said he 'started following the game in around 2011'... I mean, mate.

There's no analysis or insight in any detail. The pace is clunky as you can get and the non-football related tangents are woeful.

And this is from someone who has listened from Day 1. The quality has fallen off a cliff.

Or maybe the other two Pod's have just roared past them in quality. Give me quality insight over flashy info-graphics any day.

They even have the nerve to run a Patreon and ask for monthly donations.

That's your opinion. I disagree

Yeh, WTP and TT shit all over Westslife.

They're deadset stumblers and bumblers. The other week, one of them said he 'started following the game in around 2011'... I mean, mate.

There's no analysis or insight in any detail. The pace is clunky as you can get and the non-football related tangents are woeful.

And this is from someone who has listened from Day 1. The quality has fallen off a cliff.

Or maybe the other two Pod's have just roared past them in quality. Give me quality insight over flashy info-graphics any day.

They even have the nerve to run a Patreon and ask for monthly donations.
very well said!!! yea asking for money so you can read their thoughts out...wow!!!! Somehow they still have a lot of numbers listening to the show. Something i must be missing, i actually think Rob should do the show himself as he actually knows what he is talking about. Well lets see if we get a win tonight

Latest posts

Back