What to do with Grubby?

bbobb

Hey Tigers Fans

I don’t want to put a downer on today but what do we do with Josh in the short term? I know he was probably under done and was sucking in the big ones but I feel he really stifled our attack as a dummy half.

Currently he is not our best six and our fourth best 9.

Not writing him off yet but how do we fit him in when the guys are playing so well? Elijah is also due back and he will slot straight in meaning a shake up of the bench.

Anyway, it was an awesome win and I am glad I am not IC

Harsh on him maybe as first up for 9 months after lots of soft tissue injuries. He is not a hooker fullstop really though.

I have watched him play there more then a few times and to be honest he sucks in there.

However Im prepared to have him in there 17 as I think he lifts the teams in some respects guy being there. I know he will give 100% there and give some little effort areas.

His time will come either through injury or whatever.

However I dont love seeing him at hooker. He is an out and out five eight.

I wouldn't put him anywhere in the current team. His passes out of dummy half were ordinary and he didn't know how to inject.

To be honest I was a bit shocked yesterday when he came on…he looks nothing like he did at the Dogs...and I thought Tui looked slow
Hes no dummyhalf ...the squad really is unbalanced
Cleary is under pressure to play him as our marquee
I just hope he improves and gets match fitness quickly

Give him a bit of time to get match fit, he will be all right, first game in 9 months.

@ said:
To be honest I was a bit shocked yesterday when he came on…he looks nothing like he did at the Dogs...and I thought Tui looked slow

The more you post the more I think your either JT or a family member of his. Cleary and pressure is something that doesn’t exist. Nofa and tui have both been dropped and they are our highest paid outsde backs. Obviously Ivan sees something in reynnolds and thinks he has to be in our to 17\. It’s his first game back, he needs match fitness and once he gets it we will get our money’s worth. You harped on about our attack and look how well it’s going. Must be getting hard for you.

@ said:
@ said:

The more you post the more I think your either JT or a family member of his. Cleary and pressure is something that doesn’t exist. Nofa and tui have both been dropped and they are our highest paid outsde backs. Obviously Ivan sees something in reynnolds and thinks he has to be in our to 17\. It’s his first game back, he needs match fitness and once he gets it we will get our money’s worth. You harped on about our attack and look how well it’s going. Must be getting hard for you.

Take it easy mate.

Josh looked under done yesterday and really needs game time. He’s had a long lay off and was completely cooked when he came off. I’d give him a couple of runs in state cup to build up match fitness before looking a were he plays. One thing is certain he is a rubbish dummy half and can’t be our go to there. Maybe he comes on as a ball playing lock with a license to roam and inject energy late in the game.

@ said:
@ said:

You need to let go of the JT thing…FFS we are 5 outta 6 and all you EVER do is bring up the past
Let it go....you need help, seriously.

Coaches are often pressured to play marquee signings, it sometimes does occur the big money purchase really doesnt fit in

I agree, reggies is the go until he gains fitness. Once Taylor comes back there is no place for him as Elijah can fill in at hooker. Also, Jessie Sue provides more value off the bench than Josh at the moment.

Tough for a hooker to play the full 80 mins, Reynolds should improve with match time to give Liddle a rest and also cover the backs

I tip Ivan to continue playing him off the bench, as Ink has suggested, he would be under pressure to include him in the squad. I personally couldn't give him a spot in the 17 at this time though.

5/8 for Benji. Benji has done a great job, but his last 3 games have been poor. Yesterday he at least mixed in some really good stuff with his bad, but there is still too much bad play from him. Reynolds at 6 for me.

Who would’ve thought at the start of the season we’d be needing to make these kinds of decisions? Going to be a tough one, not sure what we’ll do there. I agree with most, he isn’t good in dummy half, his passing out of there was ridiculously slow, and I’m not sure that has anything to do with fitness as he started at that pace. Benji is way too good to replace so I have no idea.. He may get chance if at some point Benji is injured? Might be the only option unfortunately.

He is obviously way underdone atm given he is five games behind everyone else. Was gassed after a couple of minutes. Theres no doubt in my mind Cleary left him out there deliberately for fitness. When you are unfit (matchfit)and your basically expected to be at every play the ball, the quality of your work is going to suffer.Then throw in defence on top. Ivans done a pretty good job managing people the way he wants so far, so im happy to see how he lets it pan out.

News Flash Benji wants the 6 and until injury or form it is his …Reynolds looked very underdone and probable at this stage should be playing ISP for match fitness,there certainly is a part to play for him in the top grade moving forward where that will be this will work itself out !

I think we have to play him where he is for now. Liddle is not ready for 80 mins, and Reynolds is far better than Godinet in that position.

IMO it wasn’t Reynolds that stifled our attack but more the fact we stopped trying to attack in the second half. Brooks was untouchable in the first half, but went a bit quiet in the second half.

@ said:
I tip Ivan to continue playing him off the bench, as Ink has suggested, he would be under pressure to include him in the squad. I personally couldn't give him a spot in the 17 at this time though.

Under pressure to include him? What's the difference between playing Him or Nofa in reggies? Both are on good money and Ivan wants to pick the best combination based on form and value to the team.

4th best hooker? He's behind Godinet? You're having a laugh, surely.

I got no problem with him being on the bench, it's not like we are spoiled for choices in the utility position. 5 wins out of 6\. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Back