Which Players Survive This Disastrous Year?

Very true.

If you look at our state cup side, the exact same thing has happened there also.

Smaller, weaker, manhandled almost weekly.
Agreed- so it’s right through the whole club. Ok - why is it??
Why can’t we find juniors even who are strong and tough enough to match it physically with others their age? And why aren’t we recruiting players who have some hunger and fight in them. Maybe they don’t have to be the biggest guys but if not they do have to be the toughest.

Naden has some physical attributes but is not a smart footballer and you wonder if that is something that can be fixed at all.
To’a is a back up winger at best.
Their inability to even number up in D is poor at this level and I’m sure Laurie isn’t much help directing from the back. There is no cover either - no players coming across to assist like you would see in the quality teams.

I was highly critical of Laurie early in the year. But I disagree with the current criticism. He will go great behind a decent team and attacking structure. Something we proved we have with Hastings at 13, Brooks at 7.

The rest.

Out In

Liddle / Api. Big win
Luciano / Papalii. Win
Tuilagi / Blore. Win
Tamou / Lawrie. Win
Garner / Kautoga. Win
Madden / Crossland. Loss
Peachy / Staines. Win

Stef like a new recruit, and Twal similar.

We are much better off next year. Just need luck with injuries and a happy playing group.

We beat Parra, Cowboys and Broncos (when they were in top 4) all on their home turf. We have the game, just need a happy group and we can get on a run.

It’s “Sheenius” that comment. He will be using that as the excuse for poor performance for the next 2 years. It will be all we ever hear and by the time his tenure is up the media will be in his side as well.

Most of our players are project players.

None strike me as legitimate first graders despite a handful showing some basic level of skill...

I like Fonua Pole but he's a straight out rookie.
He's been great this year.

Offa has been one of our best but he looks like he doesn't like playing prop...

Laurie has lost me, he's no good.
Local legend, home town hero type that would carve up the local bush footy comp but is abysmal 90% of the time in first grade. The 10% doesn't do it for me, the flashiness and whatnot. I'd rather a worker like Dylan Edwards.

This roster is the worst I've seen in a very long time.
Yeah Laurie is shit let's throw some money a a taller and stronger fullback

I was highly critical of Laurie early in the year. But I disagree with the current criticism. He will go great behind a decent team and attacking structure. Something we proved we have with Hastings at 13, Brooks at 7.

The rest.

Out In

Liddle / Api. Big win
Luciano / Papalii. Win
Tuilagi / Blore. Win
Tamou / Lawrie. Win
Garner / Kautoga. Win
Madden / Crossland. Loss
Peachy / Staines. Win

Stef like a new recruit, and Twal similar.

We are much better off next year. Just need luck with injuries and a happy playing group.

We beat Parra, Cowboys and Broncos (when they were in top 4) all on their home turf. We have the game, just need a happy group and we can get on a run.
I like your optimism but Brooks is absolutely trash and we won't improve if he remains at the club

Assuming Joe O goes. Not keen on Zane but unless someone else comes in. Backline still looking dodgy. Maybe Naden in one of the centre spots. God it’s a depressing business…

1. Laurie
2. Noffa
3. Talau
4. Tupou
5. Ken if fit
6. Brooks
7. Hastings
13. Matamua
12. Kautoga
11. Papali’i
10. Stefano
9. Api
8. Twal

14. Pole
15. Blore
16. Musgrove
17. Douhei

Last edited:
Naden? Deffo not a first grader, theres a reason dogs got rid half way through the year, too many errors and poor defensive reads, get rid

Laurie
To'a
Naden
Ken
Brooks
AD
Joffa
Jacko
Pole
Brown
Stefano
Twal
Noffa
The rest I'll leave up to someone who actually knows what they're talking about because I'm clueless...just like this year's team.

We were down 46 blot at half time?
**** me...
Yeah
Pretty sure they were bugged just by carrying their kids onto the field at the start

That would've taken it out of them 😂

Especially Tamou
4 kids

Very horny man.

• Haha
Reactions: PJ2
Sheens definitely wanted to show how bad this roster was by effectively standing aside for this train wreck to occur. There could be some merit in it in terms of who’s self motivated and who they get rid of. Also makes him look good as we start from rock bottom.

I see plenty of upside in Laurie.
You must be really looking for it…
He’s “tried” for about 120 minutes this year….
It’s not enough - his effort is non existent… when he’s in the game, something can happen around him…
The fact that it doesn’t shows how much he’s just ringing it in.

You must be really looking for it…
He’s “tried” for about 120 minutes this year….
It’s not enough - his effort is non existent… when he’s in the game, something can happen around him…
The fact that it doesn’t shows how much he’s just ringing it in.
There is no possible way any FB can possibly be fairly judged playing behind the pack of forwards we have sent out for 70 % of our games this year. I judge Laurie on the few game's we actually had a crack and in those games when he had something to play behind he went well. In a squad with very little to work with, and not much else coming he is one that at least has some ability.

All I can say is "thank God the seasons over for us"...The old boys club will be back in next year and they have a massive job to do during the off season...Sheens who hasnt coached in the NRL for 10 years,Benji with no coaching experience at NRL level and the club captain with rep honours with no coaching experience at NRL level....
Good luck trying to make up a competative team especially if Api and Papa turn up,they cant do it on their own,they need quality hard working players around them....AND THATS WHAT WE ARE LACKING....except for a couple of players on the injured list.which reminds me,a fair few bagged Hastings as a poor recruitment because of his issues prior to ESL,he has come back and the team performed better when he was in the side...
I would rather a team of players with his determination and care factor than some of the pretenders we have paid big money to for little output.....

Back