Wimbledon

People get upset by people who are different and don’t fit the norms of society.
That doesn’t apply to why people dislike this germ.
The guy possesses terrible sportsmanship. He is a very poor loser and quite a bad winner. He is a dreadful sook and blames everyone around him - especially the umpires. He is a tanker when the going gets tough and he constantly runs the sport down as beneath him. He equates being rich as being successful even though he has a fair bit of money and has won nothing of note.….oh and there’s that pesky little DV charge.

The guy possesses terrible sportsmanship. He is a very poor loser and quite a bad winner. He is a dreadful sook and blames everyone around him - especially the umpires. He is a tanker when the going gets tough and he constantly runs the sport down as beneath him. He equates being rich as being successful even though he has a fair bit of money and has won nothing of note.….oh and there’s that pesky little DV charge.
This is all true.

He said he hates tennis and he wishes he was an NBA player...

He'd be nothing without tennis.

I disagree. He has some carry on when he wins or loses yes but no more than some others on the tennis circuit just in a different style. Some of the current greats of tennis are just as bad as him at winning and losing (both Rafa and Novak come to mind immediately). The DV thing is a concern and should be judged appropriately but people hated him before last week.

If you have an issue with him, he’s got some silk-lined tissues for your tantrum, and I’d say that to any Australian actively criticising him off the field. One tall poppy - for sure.

Yeah I don't think what I said was tall poppy syndrome at all. Actually went out of my way to say he does a lot off the court.

I disagree. He has some carry on when he wins or loses yes but no more than some others on the tennis circuit just in a different style. Some of the current greats of tennis are just as bad as him at winning and losing (both Rafa and Novak come to mind immediately). The DV thing is a concern and should be judged appropriately but people hated him before last week.
Rafa? Now I know you are talking out of your arse.

Rafa had a massive whinge about a legal serve because it didn’t suit his game play. Rafa is a competitor yes but he’s also an entitled twat
I didn’t see his whinge, what did he do?
Did he abuse someone in the crowd swearing at them to come and fight him?
Did he abuse the umpire and refuse to keep playing until all the match officials came courtside to hear his complaint?
Did he abuse his opponent, telling the whole world his mrs cheated on him?
Did he abuse his own support crew, ejecting some of them from the stadium?
Did sulk in his presser stating how much he hates the sport and threatening to quit?
Did he get so upset during his set that he tanked entire service games?

Nick has done all this and more, multiple times each. Rafa, Fed and Joker are not in the same class off entitled fwits as this scumbag.

Did he abuse the umpire and refuse to keep playing until all the match officials came courtside to hear his complaint?
Did sulk in his presser stating how much he hates the sport and threatening to quit?

Nick has done all this and more, multiple times each. Rafa, Fed and Joker are not in the same class off entitled fwits as this scumbag.
He does what he wants bra.

😂😂😂

images - 2022-07-09T230356.155.jpeg

Lucky red cap Kyrigos with the shoes to match.
No all white dress code for this baller.

M

Rafa and Novak carry on in their own ways but that doesn’t make them any less entitled.

I’ll admit part of the reason I like Nick is because he reminds me of some of the kids I work with who are just coping it from everyone. Only difference is he is in the public eye.

I believe he gets more criticism than he deserves because he is different and he isn’t afraid to give it back. Yes I agree he may not go about things in the best way all the time yet he still isn’t as bad as some like to believe. And that is because he’s different and people are afraid of what’s different.

We aren’t going to change each other’s opinions about the guy but I personally hope he continues to grow into a person people can appreciate.

Yeah I don't think what I said was tall poppy syndrome at all. Actually went out of my way to say he does a lot off the court.
Wasn’t refereeing to you, or the post in particular, but any Australian working in an industry where you’re not under public scrutiny (like many on here) and can even attempt to practise what they preach with regards to modesty and humility and all of that TOTAL bullshit, has to by default be able to give a better account of themselves in that sense. No mincing. Many would fall short.

My point was he does more than enough off the field, which we agree on, right? And besides he does actually brings in huge ticketing numbers worldwide regardless.

I’m riding right up his arse and some that know me well enough may understand why. But I had to in this situation because you’re all conveniently underselling what it even means to be in the public eye 24/7. Doesn’t make him a bad person, just under constant pressure.

There’s no denying he made himself an easy target and in my eyes, plus a lot of people who understand sport psychology, that’s not always and is often NOT a reflection of poor behaviour - more so a coping mechanism. Feel free to differ.

As was stated above however… you seem to be able to understand a lot of the undercurrents here (on a WT forum no less) where he’s about to go play a Wimbledon Singles Final.

It makes sense that a lot of stones are being thrown in this glass house, especially because he’s Aussie.

Tall poppy syndrome.

Wasn’t refereeing to you, or the post in particular, but any Australian working in an industry where you’re not under public scrutiny (like many on here) and can even attempt to practise what they preach with regards to modesty and humility and all of that TOTAL bullshit, has to by default be able to give a better account of themselves in that sense. No mincing. Many would fall short.

My point was he does more than enough off the field, which we agree on, right? And besides he does actually brings in huge ticketing numbers worldwide regardless.

I’m riding right up his arse and some that know me well enough may understand why. But I had to in this situation because you’re all conveniently underselling what it even means to be in the public eye 24/7. Doesn’t make him a bad person, just under constant pressure.

There’s no denying he made himself an easy target and in my eyes, plus a lot of people who understand sport psychology, that’s not always and is often NOT a reflection of poor behaviour - more so a coping mechanism. Feel free to differ.

As was stated above however… you seem to be able to understand a lot of the undercurrents here (on a WT forum no less) where he’s about to go play a Wimbledon Singles Final.

It makes sense that a lot of stones are being thrown in this glass house, especially because he’s Aussie.

Tall poppy syndrome.
Bullshit.
Dont act like a [This word has been automatically removed]wit and people won’t label you as one.

Youve never physically or verbally lashed out a family member or someone in your family circle? That’s considered DV now.

Going off some of your posts, there’s no way I’d believe it… if so, you’re just a lucky bugger… it’ll run out.

They’re always ‘pesky’ little charges, unless you actually did something and in Nick’s case I can guarantee that he hasn’t. Trot on your high horse.

Youve never physically or verbally lashed out a family member or someone in your family circle? That’s considered DV now.

Going off some of your posts, there’s no way I’d believe it… if so, you’re just a lucky bugger… it’ll run out.

They’re always ‘pesky’ little charges, unless you actually did something and in Nick’s case I can guarantee that he hasn’t. Trot on your high horse.
You can guarantee it can you?
How?
Ive never hit a woman, even though there are many out there deserving of the honour.
….also, I find it hilarious that you didn’t dispute anything else I said there.

I don't care for tennis, not really bothered one way or the other about Kyrios but I gotta admit I'm only gonna watch the final because he's in it.

I reckon this is a BS charge. Common assault is a minor charge. I think common assault means no one was actually hit.
That’s my read of it as well but I don’t know enough about this part of the law to comment confidently

Referring to:​

(it all awaits clarity as to what the ex alleges)

Common Assault​

In New South Wales common assault carries a maximum penalty of two years imprisonment and/or a fine of 50 penalty units. A person is often charged with common assault where he or she assaults another person, but does not cause an injury amounting to actual bodily harm (for example bruising or scratches) or grievous bodily harm (e.g. causing loss of sight, complicated fractures or significant injuries requiring surgery).

What is Common Assault?​

An assault is an act that causes another person to apprehend immediate and unlawful violence. While most assaults involve unwanted physical contact an assault does not necessarily require actual physical contact. All it requires it that the victim apprehends physical contact. So if, for example, a person raises his or her fist to another person, an assault could be found to have occurred, despite the other person not actually being hit. At law this is known as the distinction between “battery” (causing physical contact) and “assault” (causing the apprehension of physical contact).
The following acts constitute common assault:
  • Punching, hitting, slapping, pushing or kicking another person;
  • Raising a fist towards a person as though to hit that person;
  • Spitting upon another person;
  • Threatening to hurt another person;
  • Throwing an item (such as a bottle) at another person (whether or not it makes contact);
  • Physically restraining someone against their will.
Common assault can cover a range of actions and injuries, It is a less serious offence than assault occasioning actual bodily harm (AOABH) or causing grievous bodily harm (GBH), which involve harm to the victim. It is not uncommon for the police to charge a person with AOABH where the alleged conduct would sit comfortably within the definition of common assault.
Thoroughly understanding the definitions of common assault and AOABH is critical to successfully negotiating with prosecutors and can mean the difference between a person facing a maximum 2 years imprisonment for common assault or a maximum 5 years imprisonment for AOABH.

Back