Working over their halves

softlaw

according to nrl stats kimmorley missed 5 tackles and ennis missed 4.
between them they made 58 (35 kimmorley, 23 ennis).
(just out of interest Farah made 44 tackles of which 11 were 1 on 1 & only missed 2 and Lui made 14 missed 4)

That work they were forced to do really showed at the end where both the Dogs halves made a couple of terrible decisions which cost their team big time. A couple of the missed tackles were also very costly for them.

Good work targeting their weak links. & top work defending the middle by Robbie.

edit - sorry working over 7 & 9 not working over halves.

Farah was decisive Ennis was horrible out of dummy half
Kimmorley looks stale & old & Lui corrected some of his early kicking with a solid second half performance!
Marshall was quiet but hey, he can't stand out every game can he?!

WE CLEARLY WON THE BATTLE OF THE HALVES TONIGHT.

Marshall isnt a wet weather guy.

I saw a major improvment in the 2nd half for Rob Lui. His balls to the great Englishman on his side are filling me with angst at having to wait through next weeks Bye to see him again.

The 6 7 and 9 give us options and are starting to really baffle other teams…

Farah was great tonight, not trying to overplay his hand, smart kicking, great out of dummy half, but it was his defense that really stood out.

How anyone can consider that foreheadless hack a better defender is beyond me.

@softlaw said:
according to nrl stats kimmorley missed 5 tackles and ennis missed 4.
between them they made 58 (**35 kimmorley, 23 ennis).**

To be honest, 23 tackles from a hooker is absolutely nothing considering its somthing Ennis is renound for.

And i think youll find Kimmorleys at least at the 25+ mark every game hes a real goer and really tries to get in there faces. So not sure if this was good tactics by us or just how it went.

kimmorley is around the 25 + mark every week because he is targeted …...coaches see him as a weak link and run their big guys over the top of him....stagg saved the bacon last night making 50 plus tackles arounf the ruck area .....

Where does Ennis hide in defence or does he just float to wherever the ball isn't?

He has the lowest tackle count of any hooker in the comp.

Upside is Farah looks to be past his elbow niggles

@smeghead said:
Where does Ennis hide in defence or does he just float to wherever the ball isn't?

He has the lowest tackle count of any hooker in the comp.

Upside is Farah looks to be past his elbow niggles

Ennis is normally behind/beside Ryan or Stagg….have a look at their tackle counts...he switches either side of the ruck...

How many one on one tackles did Ennis make?

They ran at Farah all night....He was a ROCK

His D is back on .....controlled the ruck for the majority of the game...Great stuff Robbie

@Geo. said:
Ennis is normally behind/beside Ryan or Stagg

Yeah spot on dude… I remember laughing at this with a few mates 4 or 5 rounds ago. Where ever stagg is... Ennis is. He's a cat. People talk about "big game" players... Big game players step up when their side is up against it... where was ennis? Hiding... SOO material my arse

i had a laugh last night with a mate regarding the snooz and his mates based the NSW side around a half and hooker that have won 3 games from the lsat 14!!!
need we say anymore about the hapless pair???

@triserratops said:

People must have been watching a different game to me. I gave the game to Farah over Ennis but Ennis was far from horrible. In fact, I thought his dummy half work was very good (quick, sharp passing) and was the only time that we looked vulnerable.

Ennis only missed four tackles? I so counted more than four.

Was it just me or did any1 else notice the ref's telling our players to get off the tackled player, but rarely said a word to any dogs player who made a tackle? (watched on tv)…

I thought Ennis had a decent game (by his standards, at least). He plays low risk football, which means he doesn't make a lot of mistakes with the ball in hand. Of course, it also means he doesn't make a lot of opportunities. He did put in a few handy kicks as well.

@southerntiger said:
@triserratops said:

People must have been watching a different game to me. I gave the game to Farah over Ennis but Ennis was far from horrible. In fact, **I thought his dummy half work was very good (quick, sharp passing)** and was the only time that we looked vulnerable.

Thats about all his game encompasses. Oh and the odd longe range kick.

Ennis would have been in superstar 30 years ago.

I watched the game yesterday and Ennis had a very good game. I even had him edging out Farah. I hate saying this because Ennis is the player I hate the most in the NRL.

BTW I love Robbie but people saying his defensive problems are solved obviously ignore the big miss he came up with on Morris on Friday night that should have resulted in a try. Very poor effort.

In all fairness ST you are disadvantaged by not watching it live.

What it doesn't show is Ennis scurrying to the fringes of the defensive line leaving Stagg & Ryan to tackle themselves to a stand still and blunting any backrow penetration the Dogs may have. It worked last year because of the impact of Eastwood but without that international player in the side he hurts his side every defensive set.

I was not really commenting on his defensive contribution - although he didnt seem to be caught out too often from what I saw (as you rightly say that may be because I am not watching the games at the ground). However, in attack, he was very good. As I said, that is something I hate to admit because I dislike the guy vehemently. Even though he outplayed Farah in attack in this game, I would have Robbie over him anyday of the week.

Ennis reminds me of Darren Senter - a player with limited talent who succeeds because he is ultra-competitive.

I only brought up the Farah miss because everyone else seemed to ignore it. It was a shocking attempt at a tackle.

Latest posts

Members online

Back