2023 - WT to Send Home game to NZ

In other news the Cowboys are bringing a game to Leichhardt to thank us for gifting them 2 points.

Edit: they actually aren’t because that would be a fkn stupid thing to do if you want to win a Comp.

It would've been better to take a match that isn't us v NZ to PNG....market the bejesus out of that and get a good foothold over there. That would be huge for all involved.

In other news the Cowboys are bringing a game to Leichhardt to thank us for gifting them 2 points.

Edit: they actually aren’t because that would be a fkn stupid thing to do if you want to win a Comp.

Our brains trust are more interested in making a dollar than winning a comp or at least that is what it looks like

We can’t play at LO or CS due to womens World Cup. I’d much rather this than play our “home game” at bank west against parra.

Kiwis will be thankful and makes us look like the good guys

We can’t play at LO or CS due to womens World Cup. I’d much rather this than play our “home game” at bank west against parra.

Kiwis will be thankful and makes us look like the good guys
You’re clearly a nice guy Bob. I’d rather we didn’t play NZ in front of their home crowd.

You’re clearly a nice guy Bob. I’d rather we didn’t play NZ in front of their home crowd.
What else can you do?

Can’t play elsewhere in Sydney - no grounds available.

NRL won’t want you to take it to Brisbane or Melbourne because no one will go.

Can’t really take it to a new market because the game won’t be showing the “NRL’s best”

Maybe take it regional, but warriors would have to agree because it adds to the commute.

Taking it to Christchurch or Canterbury will make it a well attended game, outside of their home ground and I’m sure the NRL will then make it a prime time game…

Or Darwin - great idea @happy

Personally I have no problem with them taking the game to NZ if that’s what they feel they need to do. I do have an issue with them pretending it’s for the NZ public and an act of thanks. That is pure spin rubbish. They are doing it because Campbelltown and Leichhardt aren’t available and they want to keep a balance between our Sydney home grounds. A few dollars on top and NZ it is.

I don’t mind it on the basis of the Warriors struggle through covid, else I would be livid.

That said, all teams should be doing it over the next two seasons to share the goodwill.

WIN stadium Wollongong gets 3 games a year and is 40 mins from Campbelltown. Don’t tell me there’s no other options. That’s drinking the Pascoe kool aid.

I guess the issue is how many people go to see Wests Tigers v NZ in Wollongong. And we have to pay to hire the ground. Presumably Waikato are kicking in money for us to do this?

The only issue is obviously playing a home game in the opposition’s patch but pretty sure NZW have a terrible record in NZ outside of Auckland.

Back