Adam Doueihi #227

Doueihi had a shocking game but let's not give up on him just yet. He's not a complete player. Lots of flaws in his game. Put him next to Hastings, Brooks, and a second rower who can make all of his tackles and he can shine.

Although I can't excuse his defence at the moment. His first contact is atrocious. He doesn't hit and stick, more like miss and let them stroll through.

Lots of flaws is an understatement.

He prioritized his mouthguard over his job which sums him up for me. He ball hogs and his natural traits are him 1st. Not a team player and we saw that clearly last night.

It may not be a case of us deciding to let Doueihi go he may have decided he has a better chance of success elsewhere like others before him who we have also written off. There is a pattern.

if Brooks had defended like douhie last night the pile on from some on here woukd have been disgraceful.
Douhie was not tanking last night he simply cannot defend period and Robbo found him out.
I don’t see one person sticking up for douehi after that performance. Even his supporters. Compare that to the fan boys of brooks who will stick up for a non performing $1.1million a year player no matter what he does.

If I was AD and Storm came knocking I will be packing my bags in an instance.

I bet Noffo is having discussions with his management at the moment on how he can stay down South. He must love playing outside of Olam and Kenny Bromwich (I know he is leaving for the fish next season but Storm will find someone just as good)

It has been a very long time since WT has had a Centre as good as Olam. He is the gold standard of a current modern day centre. Watch his game tapes AJ, Naden and To'a that is how it is done.

I bet Noffo is having discussions with his management at the moment on how he can stay down South. He must love playing outside of Olam and Kenny Bromwich (I know he is leaving for the fish next season but Storm will find someone just as good)

It has been a very long time since WT has had a Centre as good as Olam. He is the gold standard of a current modern day centre. Watch his game tapes AJ, Naden and To'a that is how it is done.
Great post.
Storm also lose Smith next year and they'll find someone on $300K a season to perform almost as good, and when Munster goes they'll replace him and it won't be Adam Doueihi.

I have said on many occassioms that Olam is the one centre i would want at the club ahead of any other.He is pure class

I don’t see one person sticking up for douehi after that performance. Even his supporters. Compare that to the fan boys of brooks who will stick up for a non performing $1.1million a year player no matter what he does.

1 - Brooks has never been that poor
2 - It's not sticking up for Brooks arguing against idiots that try to tell you Madden is the future
3 - Point above has been well and truly put to bed... Send him back to Ressies to do nothing there
4 - Brooks is still the best half at the club, And the best we can get by the looks of it.

Lots of flaws is an understatement.

He prioritized his mouthguard over his job which sums him up for me. He ball hogs and his natural traits are him 1st. Not a team player and we saw that clearly last night.
To think some people thought he was captain material.

I hope he can do something to turn it around. I know he is coming off an ACL and that takes plenty of time to get back to your best, but what takes no time at all is attitude and from what i see at the moment is his is putrid.

I said at the start of last year that he was not a 5/8, and the opposition would target him as a weakness. But the king Douihie fans just kept overating him.

Including myself. I suppose one of the things I wanted sorted was who our halves are going to be. Unless something drastic changes Doueihi ain't the man for the job.

Getting upset over your own performance is one thing and commendable but if its over the position he wants to play in the side thats another thing. He is not a good rounded 6 fullstop. He needs to try and develop his game in the centres or backrow. Otherwise he is no use to us. We have him for the next 12 months no matter what he decides, unless we strike it lucky.

Agreed.

The issue is that Doueihi has moments where he is pretty close to an elite talent. He has an ability to make a damaging run plus he is good in the air plus he appears passionate towards the club. That has resulted in fans including myself as well as the club overrating him.

At this point in his career he doesn't have the skillset required to be an elite spine player but to make it worse he doesn't look like he has the ability to develop those skills.

I think he should work on his defense and running game and even ball playing out wide to grow into the role of being a quality edge backrower. The question then becomes how good can he be as an edge backrower ? I think Kautoga will blow him off the park pretty quickly.

For us next season the only hope I see is Hastings at 7 despite the number on his back and playing two flawed but with plenty of upside guys who are running 6's outside of Hastings. I also don't see this as a long term option. Is it even worth doing this ?

Maybe we can hope that he takes his game to another level next year and then consider resigning him. We might have better options post that point and we just let him go.

1 - Brooks has never been that poor
2 - It's not sticking up for Brooks arguing against idiots that try to tell you Madden is the future
3 - Point above has been well and truly put to bed... Send him back to Ressies to do nothing there
4 - Brooks is still the best half at the club, And the best we can get by the looks of it.
The money we are paying Luke has always been the number 1 factor. If he was on 500k I couldn't give a tin shit.

Don’t suppose it’s worth pointing out that this is Doueihi’s first season back after a second ACL injury and he hasn’t had a proper pre season for two years now.

He was visibly emotional after the Newcastle game and it could all be just getting on top of him.

Certainly don’t think he deserves the vitriol being aimed at him last night and today. Prior to the last two games he’s shown he can be a real attacking weapon.

Back