Addo Carr signs with Storm...

@Geo. said:
@Tigermama said:
@westy81 said:
JAC has signed a 3 year deal with the storm, I have confirmation from the best mate of JAC's dad that he has signed, not sure when it will be announced though

NOooooooo, :bawling

:laughing: that was 6 pages ago Mama….

Fair bit more water has flown ( like Addo scorching down the sideline) under the bridge since...

:laughing: I know Geo. Just the thought of losing him makes me :bawling :wink:

@Tigermama said:
@southerntiger said:
@851 said:
@Harvey said:
It will be interesting to see how he goes at the storm if true. Wonder how much 1st grade he will get when they have blokes like Chambers, Scott & Kennar fit and firing. Judging by the outpouring of grief, anyone would think that we have lost the messiah. He has not proven much. We probably should have tried to keep him, but within the available budget given what we have tied up already for next year. 900k Farah, 600k each brooks and Moses, 600k Lawrence, there is 2.7m of a $7m cap. Would assume Woods, Siro, Teddy would be eating up close to another 2m so 2.4m left to sign another 18 players in a 25 man squad. We would need to have a lot of blokes signing for minimum wages

JAC was only after $120k next year, and upgrade to $180k the year after TT mentioned, that is pretty damn near minimum next year.

Do you know what the Storm offered? I doubt it.

Even if JAC is gone, which I think is a big if, to blame the club and the coach for a decision based on money is hysterical. Either the Storm offered overs and we couldnt compete or our cap is truly stuffed because of the sins of prior administrations.

The club clearly rates JAC by the fact they signed him and then played him in first grade straight out of NYC.

I remember getting all up in arms when we lost young wingers in the past. I even wrote to the club about losingn Ahmad Bajouri. I was wrong. Wing is one of the easier position in a side to fill. It would be great to keep JAC but it wont mean the difference between us being competitive or not.

Wing might be an easy position to fill ST, but not many wingers show the enthusiasm, that JAC brings to the team or can match his speed. He seems to have that X factor about him.

I would rather make selection and retention decisions on something more tangible than x-factor. JAC is a great young player and Im keen for us to keep him but if we dont its not the end of the world.

I'm a big fan….

I was calling for Kharwin to get a start over him early on but I was so wrong.
This guy is a game breaker super star, needs to be kept at all costs.

We've always had slower wingers - this guy breaks the mould and will be something special.
Hope u read this JAC, you're the man!

The thing I have been most impressed with are things I was not expecting from him.

Strength, Courage and Vision. He runs the ball hard and dents the line. He reads the game well defensively.

Look I am sure he has 1 or 2 shockers in him. He is a cocky player and I think he might be bought down a peg or two soon and that won't hurt.

However He would be a priority for me. 1or 2 off seasons in the gym and he could be a super star on th wing.

You cant teach speed and he has it.

@Eddie said:
The thing I have been most impressed with are things I was not expecting from him.

Strength, Courage and Vision. He runs the ball hard and dents the line. He reads the game well defensively.

Look I am sure he has 1 or 2 shockers in him. He is a cocky player and I think he might be bought down a peg or two soon and that won't hurt.

However He would be a priority for me. 1or 2 off seasons in the gym and he could be a super star on th wing.

You cant teach speed and he has it.

Completely agree with "Strength, Courage and Vision. He runs the ball hard"
He may not make the biggest dent, after all his is light weight and not a front rower but his effort was impressive

That's exactly what you want to see from a bloke who is given a chance

If JAC has gone it's an absolute tragedy for the club. He is 'only a winger' but he's a genuine game breaker and crowd pleaser. He will win games for us and bring people through the gate. I'd like to know the real story for why we weren't able to keep him if the Melbourne rumor is true.

@Tigerdon said:
What needs fixing?

…only his contract to us.

@tigeress said:
If all you guys are as passionate about Josh Addo-Carr why don't you send an email to Justin Pascoe- I did - we can't keep losing these good players like we have been, doesn't make sense to me :crazy :crazy :crazy

…believe me Pascoe would be hearing from the fans about this guy.

If one thing is a constant in league and that is speed can not be taught, only bought.

@southerntiger said:
@Tigermama said:
@southerntiger said:
@851 said:
JAC was only after $120k next year, and upgrade to $180k the year after TT mentioned, that is pretty damn near minimum next year.

Do you know what the Storm offered? I doubt it.

Even if JAC is gone, which I think is a big if, to blame the club and the coach for a decision based on money is hysterical. Either the Storm offered overs and we couldnt compete or our cap is truly stuffed because of the sins of prior administrations.

The club clearly rates JAC by the fact they signed him and then played him in first grade straight out of NYC.

I remember getting all up in arms when we lost young wingers in the past. I even wrote to the club about losingn Ahmad Bajouri. I was wrong. Wing is one of the easier position in a side to fill. It would be great to keep JAC but it wont mean the difference between us being competitive or not.

Wing might be an easy position to fill ST, but not many wingers show the enthusiasm, that JAC brings to the team or can match his speed. He seems to have that X factor about him.

I would rather make selection and retention decisions on something more tangible than x-factor. JAC is a great young player and Im keen for us to keep him but if we dont its not the end of the world.

It would be the end of Milky's :smiley:

I cant agree with people who say "he is only a winger".A speedy winger who can support a break or is safe under a bomb is a rarity and not "just a winger".How many slugs have we had on the wing over the years?Far to many in my opinion.
Like Tedesco i feel he will turn out to be a crowd favourite and on what i have seen should be one of the first 2 backs selected each week.Old blokes like me can remember wingers like Corowa and Irvine who where genuine speedsters and crowd favourites, it is early days yet but for the sake of a modest upgraded contract i feel it is a must for the club to move forward and keep him here.
You cant beat raw speed

You can't teach raw speed.

It is great to have a young person with confidence and willing to back their ability.

We also need characters to attract the fans through the gates.

He is the type of player we identified from another club and now it is paying off.

Don't let another club benefit from our good work.

I would allow him to play the rest of year in the NRL and sign him up long term.

It would benefit him as a person if he could stay in Sydney close to his family. He appears to have hard a rough upbringing but all credit to him he has kept out of trouble and using his talent for good.

He is a good news story I like our club to be associated with and not player like Robert Lui, John Hoppa, Craig Field, etc

You can't teach raw speed.

It is great to have a young person with confidence and willing to back their ability.

We also need characters to attract the fans through the gates.

He is the type of player we identified from another club and now it is paying off.

Don't let another club benefit from our good work.

I would allow him to play the rest of year in the NRL and sign him up long term.

It would benefit him as a person if he could stay in Sydney close to his family. He appears to have hard a rough upbringing but all credit to him he has kept out of trouble and using his talent for good.

He is a good news story I like our club to be associated with and not player like Robert Lui, John Hoppa, Craig Field, etc

I haven't received a reply from Justine Pascoe, but I have read that Foxtel reported recently that "JAC signed a deal which will see him move to the Storm until the end of 2019" - hope this is not true, we cannot afford to loose someone of this calibre. Please let this not be true…..

@tigeress said:
I haven't received a reply from Justine Pascoe, but I have read that Foxtel reported recently that "JAC signed a deal which will see him move to the Storm until the end of 2019" - hope this is not true, we cannot afford to loose someone of this calibre. Please let this not be true…..

JT said he was looking forward in seeing how JAC goes in 1st Grade for the rest of the year, some say don't read to much into it but my gut feeling is he won't be here next year.

@Harvey said:
Someone inside the club needs to find out his intentions very quickly

His intentions are propably already known Harvey. The club isn't telling us. Yet…

@foreveratiger said:
@tigeress said:

JT said he was looking forward in seeing how JAC goes in 1st Grade for the rest of the year, some say don't read to much into it but my gut feeling is he won't be here next year.

I would be surprised if he had already signed elsewhere and still got picked. There wouldn't be much point picking him if he is leaving, it's not like he is going to win us a comp on his own so the minute he signs elsewhere you would be giving someone else a crack.

@jadtiger said:
I cant agree with people who say "he is only a winger".A speedy winger who can support a break or is safe under a bomb is a rarity and not "just a winger".How many slugs have we had on the wing over the years?Far to many in my opinion.
Like Tedesco i feel he will turn out to be a crowd favourite and on what i have seen should be one of the first 2 backs selected each week.Old blokes like me can remember wingers like Corowa and Irvine who where genuine speedsters and crowd favourites, it is early days yet but for the sake of a modest upgraded contract i feel it is a must for the club to move forward and keep him here.
You cant beat raw speed

Absolutely right Jad :slight_smile:…So happy JAC has kept his spot. :wahoo:

@tigeress said:

So disappointed if this is true. :bawling

Latest posts

Members online

Back