Apologise to Madge HERE

@tigerpower said in [Apologise to Madge HERE](/post/1363401) said:
Can we win two in a row?? When was the last time we won 2 in a row??

This is the benchmark. Opportunity to do 3

@tigerpower said in [Apologise to Madge HERE](/post/1363401) said:
Can we win two in a row?? When was the last time we won 2 in a row??

Been a while since we've 2 in a row (last season). But I genuinely cant remember when was the last time we won 3 in a row.

Surely his plan wasnt to have Madden play 10 minutes.

Something must have gone right/wrong otherwise it was a complete waste of a bench spot.

Could have used an enthusiastic Tuki Simpkins or a fresh Jake Simpkin.

Well done on resurrecting Luke Brooks, only taken the coach two season but still plenty of other things to get right.

@the_patriot said in [Apologise to Madge HERE](/post/1363452) said:

Something must have gone right/wrong otherwise it was a complete waste of a bench spot.

Well done on resurrecting Luke Brooks, only taken the coach two season but still plenty of other things to get right.

I think it would have been always the plan, just to give Madden a taste of NRL level. Never saw it any other way.

@mike said in [Apologise to Madge HERE](/post/1363473) said:

I think it would have been always the plan, just to give Madden a taste of NRL level. Never saw it any other way.

Thats a possibility.

The outing will help Madden adjust to NRL.

Doesnt do much for the team however as he wasnt out there long enough to settle in to his game for the coaching staff to see how he handles it.

I know the things a win can do, but we should try and keep things in check. We had a weight of possession that put us on the front foot. And Newcastle are an average side. The real test comes next week with another very winnable game there for the taking. Last time we beat the Knights, we thought that was a turning point, but then we come out and got embarrassed by the Cows. Let’s see them back it up.

I for one was very critical of Madge, whats the old saying "one swallow does not make a summer". I'll reserve my apologies until I see what they can do over the next couple of weeks. Learnt that after the first Newcastle win and the Dragons, especially the Dragons game everyone carried on like the job was done.
Not taking away from last night, great game to watch, they all ran and tackled with commitment. I like everyone else was thinking why can't they do that every game.

I’ve never bought the rhetoric that things can change in a week but I think we saw that last night. Amazes me that a whole pre season with players training in positions can produce so little and then get flipped so readily. Hopefully that has a lot to do with attitude and pride in the jersey too.

I don't think anyone is suggesting the win was anymore than a win, it was more the venom directed at the coach and the inference that the players were not buying in and he had no idea what he is doing etc etc etc- from fans who clearly are not informed but think they know better. A fans perogative - and if the team loses next week no doubt Maguire Brooks and Mybe will be in the firing line again. Maguire has earned himself a weeks grace that's all.

How about the sorry nofo thread? You know the guy who produced the 2 offloads for the first 2 tries and scored the third?

Yet there was talk before the game that Brooks would be dropped to the bench Madden start and we were salivating

Maguire is a coach trying to build the side the right way. He’s going to cop heat for a long term rebuild as fans want instant success. They have to stick solid and add players that can help and bring through more juniors over time. It’s the only way. No one better than Madge we can attract for this job in my view.

@geo said in [Apologise to Madge HERE](/post/1363522) said:

Yet there was talk before the game that Brooks would be dropped to the bench Madden start and we were salivating

At best I thought Madden may have replaced Mbye with Mbye going to the bench but really didn’t think it would happen. At this stage Madden is no where near Brooks. I’ve said Brooks probably has until the end of the season to get it right. Last night was a step in the right direction.

Can we also get an apology from @Tigerboy for the aggression displayed in this thread?

Some of the young guys might get scared.
@Milky @BenjiMagic96 @TheDaBoss

@demps said in [Apologise to Madge HERE](/post/1363535) said:
Can we also get an apology from @Tigerboy for the aggression displayed in this thread?

Some of the young guys might get scared.
@Milky @BenjiMagic96 @TheDaBoss

🤣

@geo said in [Apologise to Madge HERE](/post/1363522) said:

got Lukey to perform a self removal of didgit,mind games?

@swordy said in [Apologise to Madge HERE](/post/1362808) said:
For those who served it up to the coach when the team list was announced vs Knights -HERE is your opportunity to apologise and say that you were wrong......

It hasn't changed my opinion that Morris, with Gardiner and Lambkin are the future for WTs.

A number of calls for apologies after last night’s win. No one needs to apologise for expressing disappointment at how the team has been going. Some blamed Madge, others it was all the players fault, some even put it all on Luke Brooks. I expressed concern over Madge, but very happy to see his plan worked last night. I hope people in the other camp feel the same about the players, especially Brooks. Otherwise we get into a childish tit for tat boring argument. Here’s hoping we get on a roll.

Back