Brisbane Meet & greet.

Buzz Warning

(and which one of you is Buzz?) :ROFLMAO:

We admire the strong commercial side of the Wests Tigers business.
However their decision to charge fans $70 ($55 for juniors) for a meet and greet night with the players in Brisbane on Friday night was a disgrace.

Other clubs run free coaching clinics and autograph sessions all the time.

It’s part of the responsibility of having an NRL franchise, not a commercial opportunity to make a few bucks.

Buzz Warning

(and which one of you is Buzz?) :ROFLMAO:

We admire the strong commercial side of the Wests Tigers business.
However their decision to charge fans $70 ($55 for juniors) for a meet and greet night with the players in Brisbane on Friday night was a disgrace.

Other clubs run free coaching clinics and autograph sessions all the time.

It’s part of the responsibility of having an NRL franchise, not a commercial opportunity to make a few bucks.

Again, the WTF provides copy for the journo.

"Photographs, autographs, and mingling" - for kids to meet the players. It sounds like a fan day unless they were offering a sit down meal, drinks and a presentation of some sort.

The club pays Brooks $40,000 a game, surely they can afford a few hundred to hire a venue for a night and a tray of sausages as a way of thanking out of town fans. The tiny outlay would be repayed by the fans tenfold.

Nope. You're into five figures to hire out/staff the main auditorium at City Hall. Not sure about the smaller rooms but they wouldn't be a few hundred.

And @Cobarcats can correct me but I'm pretty sure the catering didn't involve a tray of sausages.

Nope. You're into five figures to hire out/staff the main auditorium at City Hall. Not sure about the smaller rooms but they wouldn't be a few hundred.

And @Cobarcats can correct me but I'm pretty sure the catering didn't involve a tray of sausages.
They never do - They have wait staff and nibbles usually...

Some people just have no capacity to grasp or understand the real world....
It was a proper club function, I've been to a few of them over the years - Also been to a few fan days...
They're a totally different thing.

Why anyone thinks there shouldn't be a cost involved is beyond me....
If it was an open training session or something like that - There's never any cost.

Again,
This was a club function - They cost money - If you want to attend - It will cost you money....
It's one of many things the club do through the year that cost money to attend...
None of them are free, I don't understand your issue.

It was a proper club function, I've been to a few of them over the years - Also been to a few fan days...

If it was an open training session or something like that - There's never any cost.

Again,
This was a club function - They cost money - If you want to attend - It will cost you money....
It's one of many things the club do through the year that cost money to attend...
Paid for the flights, people have lasting memories . WELL SAID BATBOY🎯

Again,
Totally agree with you BB.
First of all it's not compulsory attendance 👍
Secondly as you've pointed out many open training days I too have enjoyed free but this function is different.
The players must have been informed about our patronage and support because the gave of themselves more than normal.
If I wanted to, I could have sat and talked to each player in a relaxed environment with no rush. There wasn't the feeling that you had to ask your question and move on.
There were limited tickets due COVID and there were at times players sitting without any fan talking to them so there ratio of player/supporter was excellent.
I felt I could have talked to Noddy for as long as I wanted.
I understand the point about kids prices being too expensive. In my survey I mentioned that. That was my only negative comment.
I did ask a lady who was the MC when the next one is going to be and she said hopefully next year.... I'll be there! 😻

Kenty last knight stuck it to tigers about $70 charge to members I ignore whatever comes out of mouth but just curious what you guys that were there felt

Kenty last knight stuck it to tigers about $70 charge to members I ignore whatever comes out of mouth but just curious what you guys that were there felt
Great look for the game. Respect was gone forever after his comments about our win over NQ. This just confirms it.

Kent is a flog who is always looking for ways to be front and centre , his comments on our game V Cowboys was nothing short of crazy and he again said it on Monday Night , then goes out of his way again to bash the tigers , if you go to functions you normally pay a fee specially if there are MC. , food , room hire , etc etc , and he kept it up about Scott Prince nobody would know him the guy is a dead set flog low life , even all the other commentators on the show disagreed with him so goes to show what his gender is , it’s not doing the job he is paid for it’s him wanting the lime light , I even think Anastasia has has a gut full of him on the show , at least he is doing a fair job

Latest posts

Members online

Back