Canterbury Bulldogs table four-year deals to lure James Tedesco and Aaron Woods from Wests Tigers

@ said:
360 led me to believe that woods will stay. Based on the things that were said he seems more likely to stay than go.

That was my read of what he said also.I got the impression he was looking and hoping to find good reasons to stay.To be honest i have been under the impression for a while that he knows when he goes off for his spell the team leaks like sieve and he is crying out for decent support something we have lacked for years.
I could be totally wrong on this but it is what i believe

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Talk on the Warriors roster is that Matulino is looking for $750k not too much less than Woods.

My God.
Matulino MAY be worth $750k…....over 3 seasons. He's basically a reserve grader I thought.
Woods for James Graham is a fair swap, would be happy with that.

Woods for Graham is a terrible swap.

Great Britain skipper, plays with 100% heart, soul, passion and aggression every single week. Leader of men.
Yep, terrible swap :unamused:

One is 31 with ongoing injuries and one is 24 with his whole career ahead of him. Im just saying.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Wonder what part Harry T has played in these negotiations?

He needs to throw Teddy a penthouse in exchange for his signature.

What has "Harry" ever done for the team?

Absolutely nothing Col! He's purely a figurehead and a bad one at that. We wouldn't have had to be scraping the bottom of the barrel in the player market for all these years if this fat cat really cared about the club.

Come on Flip, what do you want from the guy as he is only worth ten plus billion, and in other words that is only more than ten thousand million dollars, or about fifteen times his age in years worth of salary cap. He continually builds architectural wonders to house the homeless and his office walls are adorned with plaques celebrating his philanthropic deeds, so what more do you want.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
My God.
Matulino MAY be worth $750k…....over 3 seasons. He's basically a reserve grader I thought.
Woods for James Graham is a fair swap, would be happy with that.

Great Britain skipper, plays with 100% heart, soul, passion and aggression every single week. Leader of men.

One is 31 with ongoing injuries and one is 24 with his whole career ahead of him. Im just saying.

But the 24yo doesn't want to be here.
So I'll take a 31yo who maybe does.

Teddy and Woods are just dragging this out so the Tigers are forced to put a deadline on them. Then they take the high ground and say they would have signed the next week. That takes all the fan hate off them and back on our wicked club.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Teddy and Woods are just dragging this out so the Tigers are forced to put a deadline on them. Then they take the high ground and say they would have signed the next week. That takes all the fan hate off them and back on our wicked club.

I believe the 24 year old still wants to be here and is looking for good reasons to stay,Cleary is a great start to that and i feel more good performances on the field from the team will reinforce that.The club is talking about deadlines which i agree with if Woods/Tedesco dont commit that is fine withdraw the offers.Neither of our players can be adequately replaced so lets hope they do

I don't think even the best tin foils would buy the line we were going to sign but the Club withdrew the offer after all this time…

One way or another going off Cleary's comments we will know next week or week after at the latest...

I'm hopeful that they both stay but if not we move on...

I also think a lot will come down to Cleary's plan to strengthen the roster..He has only been here officially 5 minutes ..they need a bit of time with him and him with them to flesh that out as well..

@ said:
I don't think even the best tin foils would buy the line we were going to sign but the Club withdrew the offer after all this time…

One way or another going off Cleary's comments we will know next week or week after at the latest...

I'm hopeful that they both stay but if not we move on...

I also think a lot will come down to Cleary's plan to strengthen the roster..He has only been here officially 5 minutes ..they need a bit of time with him and him with them to flesh that out as well..

I think Cleary understands their position; and is prepared to allow them the time - within reason - to make an informed decision without threats and demands. If they are going to have an ongoing working relationship I think it is a smart move.

I'll just put this here for a bit of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoNOk9NErVs

It would be a shame to lose our skipper and best forward, as it also would be to lose one of the most exciting players in the NRL. I hope we keep them both.

Contract discussions are always going to be polarising, especially with young players in good form (both likely to be Australian reps this year), and with a club they love having underperformed and been poorly managed. There are complexities beyond the money and for Woods and Teddy this may be the most important contract of their careers.

Lots of vitriol flying around at the moment, but I'd love to see them both remain at the club,

He wants the team to string some wins together before he decides, yet his procrastination and the media garbage going with that is causing distraction affecting the teams performance. Why can't he see this?

He wants the team to perform before he makes a decision so he's in a good frame of mind - an external source involving many people….. Yet Moses decision is "his decision" and it's up to him and nothing else can be done?

I think I know who needs to see a shrink

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I am convinced some of you shut your eyes everytime Woods gets the ball cause you cant be watching if you dont see that he is by far away our best forward in terms of making metres every week. He also has some great touches with the ball a couple of rippers ithe on Sat night one that led to a try..
Defensively he doesn't hit with the impact of JWH but we demand alot more game time of him.

Mate I'm pretty sure that there's only about 4 of us on here who actually appreciate Woods and the huge contribution he makes every single week and that's bloody sad, considering all that he has done, and continues to do, for this club. Calling him ridiculous names like captain pea heart and powderpuff is beyond insulting, especially coming from keyboard warriors, who have probably never even laced on a boot!

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Always ready and waiting to cut someone down when they don't measure up to _your_ idea of how they should be playing the game. Doesn't matter how effective they actually are on the field, NOooo… they're not aggressive enough or not mongrel enough, or not enough of this or not enough of that, or they need a haircut...for God's sake give it a rest!

You don't know when you've got a good thing - if James Graham is soooo much better than Aaron Woods, then why is a successful club like Canterbury looking to offload him so they can free up space to sign Woods? Why wouldn't they just keep Graham and forget about signing Woods if Graham is that much better?

5 of us, unless you counted me in that original 4.

6 actually , I just get angry with him in our red zone :brick:

@ said:
360 led me to believe that woods will stay. Based on the things that were said he seems more likely to stay than go.

Yeah i felt the same after watching 360 last night,the media like to speculate and don't like letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

Farah said yesterday that Woods told him he knows how he felt 18 months ago. Umm how exactly? Love him or hate him, Farah was told he could leave and that he was unwanted. Pretty heart wrenching for a guy who had been here for as long as Farah had. Woods has had a contract on the table for ages but has refused to sign. Whatever pain and stress this has caused has been self inflicted. You can't even compare them.

@ said:
He wants the team to string some wins together before he decides, yet his procrastination and the media garbage going with that is causing distraction affecting the teams performance. Why can't he see this?

He wants the team to perform before he makes a decision so he's in a good frame of mind - an external source involving many people….. Yet Moses decision is "his decision" and it's up to him and nothing else can be done?

Unbelievable how unwilling they are to admit their share of the blame, from dragging it out to not putting 2 and 2 together and realising that how we perfom is weighed heavily on them. Woods is an Australian prop for Gods sake. Is he really implying that its up to a bunch of kids if he's going to stay? They have to win the games? Lets hope Chee Kam or Suli don't drop another ball over the line. Our Australian prop and captain may use that as the impetus to leave.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Just as Moses did

@ said:
@ said:

Unbelievable how unwilling they are to admit their share of the blame, from dragging it out to not putting 2 and 2 together and realising that how we perfom is weighed heavily on them. Woods is an Australian prop for Gods sake. Is he really implying that its up to a bunch of kids if he's going to stay? They have to win the games? Lets hope Chee Kam or Suli don't drop another ball over the line. Our Australian prop and captain may use that as the impetus to leave.

I feel the same way but I think it's not them alone. I genuinely think they are getting bad advice from their manager and head whisperer the Bumbling duo. And now RF, I love the guy but he is bitter and twisted towards the club and his advice will be tainted. But I do like one of his quotes from yesterday paraphrasing " when I was captian I got teddy to stay now it's up to Woods"

I think the smartest of the 4 was brooks (unless we were by far and away the best offer), Moses listens to the bumbling duo and ended up at parra, now these two run the gamble of missing out and then making a rash decision. Although their option appear better than parra.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I feel the same way but I think it's not them alone. I genuinely think they are getting bad advice from their manager and head whisperer the Bumbling duo. And now RF, I love the guy but he is bitter and twisted towards the club and his advice will be tainted. But I do like one of his quotes from yesterday paraphrasing " when I was captian I got teddy to stay now it's up to Woods"

I think the smartest of the 4 was brooks (unless we were by far and away the best offer), Moses listens to the bumbling duo and ended up at parra, now these two run the gamble of missing out and then making a rash decision. Although their option appear better than parra.

The club could have also moved to extend at least one of their contracts last year instead of leaving all four at once. If they were always in their long term plans why leave them to be done together. Blind freddy could tell you that they were all going to attract interest from other clubs.
You want to unselttle any team have your four best players + Nofo up for contract at the same time!

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

The club could have also moved to extend at least one of their contracts last year instead of leaving all four at once. If they were always in their long term plans why leave them to be done together. Blind freddy could tell you that they were all going to attract interest from other clubs.
You want to unselttle any team have your four best players + Nofo up for contract at the same time!

Your right Telltails, the club should have but, they did table offers to them last year and they all procrastinated, it may have been their managers advise to hold off but you have to say that the decision was theirs and they are to blame more so than the club.

Moses also was up last year and did a one year extension. Then he went on his point to prove run giving him his next lucrative contract and the tigers a chance of making the eight.

This chance would have been secured by most nrl halfs, yet Moses let it slip.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

The club tried to extend both Moses and Brooks last year. Both Brooks and Moses had options in their favour for this year, the club tried to extend their deals at that point in time, but they choose not to extend. I believe that they didn't extend their contracts so that Isaac Moses would have all 4 players off contract at the same time. Can't really blame the club.

Back