Connor Watson

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Back on topic..

Watson is no sure thing just yet

There’s massive mail that Connor Watson has already signed with the Tigers - but the Knights aren’t out of the race just yet.

While the Tigers have bettered the Knights offer with a late bid, Newcastle are still in the race and the young Roosters utility back is wavering between the two.

Even late last week, Watson met with Knights coach Nathan Brown again, indicating the Tigers deal is far from done.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/list/nrl-lurker-state-origin-canberra-raiders-failure-salary-cap-contracts-daly-cherry-evans-cameron-munster/1fhodx38phfhn16lfb1j5575vk/slide/3

I am not fussed if we get this guy im very content with tui. I would rather the tigers save the 500k and put it towards a couple of good forwards.

We have little if any genuine pace in the backline.

Yea true..but i dont think he is worth getting into a bidding war for. **Dont know why but i am not very interested in this guy.. call me crazy but yea just not feeling it.**

Probably because he hasn't really shown all that much to get excited about.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I am not fussed if we get this guy im very content with tui. I would rather the tigers save the 500k and put it towards a couple of good forwards.

Yea true..but i dont think he is worth getting into a bidding war for. **Dont know why but i am not very interested in this guy.. call me crazy but yea just not feeling it.**

Well I am a bit confused about what all the banter is about this guy ,played hardly a hand full of NRL games and here we go the new next big thing and the club by reports paying 600K ? Am I missing something as many saying good for depth well to me 600K is a lot for some depth.I think the team still needs a couple of hard nut forwards this is where the team has suffered over a long period rather than paying a huge chunk of your cap on a flashy non proven guy with here we go again POTENTIAL I say stuff potential I want a couple of go forward types IMO!

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Well I am a bit confused about what all the banter is about this guy ,played hardly a hand full of NRL games and here we go the new next big thing and the club by reports paying 600K ? Am I missing something as many saying good for depth well to me 600K is a lot for some depth.I think the team still needs a couple of hard nut forwards this is where the team has suffered over a long period rather than paying a huge chunk of your cap on a flashy non proven guy with here we go again POTENTIAL I say stuff potential I want a couple of go forward types IMO!

465k actually.

Good player who will bring versatility, pace and skills to our team. It pleases me we are now looking to sign players of this calibre.

Surely someone has some updated info on Watson signing? When does the Cooling off period end if he did in fact sign on with us?

@ said:
Surely someone has some updated info on Watson signing? When does the Cooling off period end if he did in fact sign on with us?

Last I heard was that it was being held up due to the Roosters' boss man holidaying in Greece.

@ said:
@ said:

Last I heard was that it was being held up due to the Roosters' boss man holidaying in Greece.

There was a Blake Ferguson article in the DT today (saying he'll be re-signing with the Roosters) which also made reference to Politis being overseas at the moment and that stalling contract negotiations etc.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

There was a Blake Ferguson article in the DT today (saying he'll be re-signing with the Roosters) which also made reference to Politis being overseas at the moment and that stalling contract negotiations etc.

The world stops for him :crazy Surprised the NRL games are not on hold until his return..

Please don't tell me this is gonna be another tui thread (60 pgs)

@ said:
Please don't tell me this is gonna be another tui thread (60 pgs)

It's probably going to be another tui thread. :slight_smile:

Had a chance to speak to my mate at the roosters today. Managed to have a really good chat other then about work.

Watson hasn't been given a release yet. However it is highly likely that he will apparently waiting on the okay from uncle Nick.

Fergo deal is close to done. Due to a stuff up from Fergo his contract was re-done and that is how they were able to keep Tupou.

Believe it or not they will be looking at Luke Lewis as well.
I asked how the hell do they fit them all the under the cap. He just laughed and said "its not what you know but who"

This is a bit off topic but we spoke a fair bit about footy.

I did ask him if he knew much about the Tigers. Didn't know too much other then what he has been told from ex players and staff.
Basically it use to be very much the body didn't know what the head was doing, also heard our facilities are very outdated (most of us already knew that) He did however say he had heard it has improved a lot of the last couple of years and that if they pull of a center of excellence that we would be a force. He said our supporter base is massive and from a corporate level we are very good prospect.
Found that last part very interesting.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Fergo deal done? To where?

Staying at the Roosters

Ah of course he is! Should've figured that :unamused:

EOTT wrote above about his contract being redone after a Ferguson "stuff up". You may also recall SG recently posting about his newly reduced extension offer and a screenshot of a message suggesting the chooks had paid a hotelier hush money over some CTV footage that allegedly showed cocaine use.

Someone should send that screenshot to Ch7 News

@ said:
NRL integrity unit probably paid off as well…

Poor Fergo won't be paid anything by the time everyone gets their payoff…

Latest posts

Staff online

Back